The Last Ship (TNT Series)

Fellows, a check of S4's filmed episodes on IMDB.com has characters either Greek or Turkish. The new Season will most likely be set in the Med.

I'm trying to make a map of the known world of The Last Ship, and here's my list of governments we know to have survived or been established so far, but does anyone know anything else or that would contradict what I have?:

- The US is ticking along now that the coup leaders are dead
- China still has a Communist government based out of Hong Kong
- Japan and Vietnam are pirate-infested but inhabited
- Central America's governments were under immense domestic strife but did survive
- The Immune Cult effectively controls all of Europe, at least as far east as Bulgaria
- Russia has no functioning government the last time anyone checked

There was a line in the last episode of S2, when they were sailing up the Mississippi, and the Immunes' cell phones were being tracked-and it appeared that they were flying across the Atlantic to the UK, and President Michner remarked, 'There's no government left there to warn." The Ramseys may have been lying or at least exaggerating how much the Immunes held.

I'm trying to make a map of the known world of The Last Ship, and here's my list of governments we know to have survived or been established so far, but does anyone know anything else or that would contradict what I have?:

- The US is ticking along now that the coup leaders are dead
- China still has a Communist government based out of Hong Kong
- Japan and Vietnam are pirate-infested but inhabited
- Central America's governments were under immense domestic strife but did survive
- The Immune Cult effectively controls all of Europe, at least as far east as Bulgaria
- Russia has no functioning government the last time anyone checked
I think Japan was largely wiped out by China. There may be Japanese people still alive but not enough for there to be a viable nation state .

We know that the VP was on a trip to South America but didn't mention which country.

South Korea and India were present at the south east Asia summit. Other than that I don't think much has been revealed about the rest of the world.

I think Japan was largely wiped out by China. There may be Japanese people still alive but not enough for there to be a viable nation state .

We know that the VP was on a trip to South America but didn't mention which country.

South Korea and India were present at the south east Asia summit. Other than that I don't think much has been revealed about the rest of the world.
Yeah,

i guess some Southamerican Countries survive;
About Japan, i guess is truth, the population maube be too muc reduced to form a country

I am not sure about Rusia, they may have some goverment over there

The point will be Africa and the Middle East, perhaps Israle is alive in some way

On imbd there is mention of new Greek cast members who are crew aboard the HS Triton, so it looks like the Greek Navy has also survived the pandemic.

Season 4's premiere is set for 20 Aug. CAPT Chandler has retired to, of all places, Greece, when he's recalled to duty. A mutation of the virus is now affecting crops, threatening a global famine, and it's up to Chandler and the crew of the James to save the world yet again.

Well, now.....the virus is now going after food crops, and a worldwide famine is in the works. Unless it can be stopped. And the one lead so far on seeds that may be resistant has been killed. While Chandler is now in Greece, trying to put his guilt about killing Shaw to rest.

A few personnel notes: Commander Garnett no longer is the Exec: she's been replaced by CDR Galvan, who was the Haywood's CO last season. She may have a shore command of her own. Tex's daughter Kathleen is now a PO3 and is a helo aircrewman. After what her dad taught her, she probably aced her weapons quals. Ray is now a quartermaster and is one of the helmsmen. CDR Kara Foster-Green is now back on board after the attack on Rota-her son was evac'd to the States when Rota was evacuated (was Kara's Mom with her also?) and is the TAO again after the elder Burke brother was badly wounded in the attack on the base. And the new helo pilot is a 30-year vet whose "Dad flew these in Vietnam" (referring to the UH-1 that is now the ship's helo).

He's now in temporary command. CDR Garnett will be appearing: Fay Masterson, who plays Garnett, is in only two or three episodes due to her having a baby.

If Tex is looking down, he's no doubt proud of his daughter. She said in E2: "Air rescue's pretty rad. And I get to sit behind the .50 cal."

Curious as to why Greece would start a war with the US. Seems suicidal. Of course we don't know how many ships either navy has but nonetheless that's a risky move for the Greeks.

So what do we now know about the state of the world in show so far?

We know that there are around 1 billion people left after the pandemic. Around 80% of the US population died out. Other countries presumably had a similar mortality rate.

All remembers of the presidential line of succession died other than HUD Secretary Michener. The current President is the former Mayor of St Louis who was appointed to VP after St Louis became the new capital. A silent coup led by the Chief of Staff almost lead to the country being broken up but the coup was suppressed and the President returned to power.

The immunes had strongholds in Europe. I believe Bulgaria and Turkey were mentioned at some point. There is reference to the Immune Wars in season 4. We can assume the anti immune forces eventually prevailed.

The Mediterranean is populated with multiple new formed city states. Tripoli and Izmir are mentioned. There is some talk of a war between Cyprus and Izmir. There is mention of the "Turks and Egyptians" wanting their hands on the seeds. Whether they are simply criminal gangs or those nations have functioning governments is yet to be seen.

The United Kingdom has a functioning intelligence service so it can be assumed the UK managed to pull through the pandemic.

Greece has recovered to the point they have an active navy once again.

There has been no mention of Russia since the then President mentioned they no longer have a functioning government and that rogue Russian navy perosonnel were operating on their own authority.

Spain has apparently pulled through as the US Navy maintains a navy base in the country that is protected by Spanish police

There was mention throughout season 1 that central America was experiencing civil unrest. It implies that those nations had survived though were in bad shape. In South America, millions have died due to the Rest Rust.

In south East Asia, China, India, Vietnam and South Korea still have functioning governments though Japan has been wiped out.