The Last Hanover: The Life and Reign of Queen Charlotte

Neat. I guess Republics are regarded as being a Western Hemispheric thing, kind of like they were an Italian/North German thing during the Middle Ages. Not as unlikley a thing as one might think. Save for France the monarchies of Europe fell in two waves, one at the end of the Great War, and one at the end of the Second World War. Butterfly away those events and the survival of European monarchy does not seem that odd.

Edit: I forgot to add that the Spanish monarchy was deposed in favor of a Republic in the 1930's.

Neat. I guess Republics are regarded as being a Western Hemispheric thing, kind of like they were an Italian/North German thing during the Middle Ages. Not as unlikley a thing as one might think. Save for France the monarchies of Europe fell in two waves, one at the end of the Great War, and one at the end of the Second World War. Butterfly away those events and the survival of European monarchy does not seem that odd.

Edit: I forgot to add that the Spanish monarchy was deposed in favor of a Republic in the 1930's.
Queen charlottes world certainly seems a much better one

My guess is that the Prince of Wales is LGBT+
Would make no difference. People can change their minds. Especially B. L doesn't apply, and T is right out. (Even the most "enlightened" monarchy would not move someone up the line of succession in response to that person's gender redefinition.)

the Prince would then have the Duke of York as his legitimate heir and Charlotte being the heir apparent of the heir presumptive.
The Royal Musings blog (which is not official, AFAICT), stated that baby Charlotte "shall one day take the top spot", being her father's heir apparent under the 1995 Succession Act. This implies that he is heir apparent as well.

Or it may be that he is seen as de facto heir apparent by commentators such as this blog, because everyone knows the Prince of Wales will never have children. For instance, the Princess is past menopause, or had a hysterectomy. The Prince might marry again, but everyone knows he won't. Or the Prince might have a serious health issue (paralyzed in an accident?).

Yeah, I haven't really gotten into it quite yet but I'm taking steps in Austria to help safeguard the succession and nip that whole Sarajevo thing in the bud. No WWI, no WWII.

I might start doing occasional posts explaining / recapping what is going on in the rest of the world, especially as Charlotte and her children get more involved in it.

Queen charlottes world certainly seems a much better one
I'm very honored that you think so :)

January 7, 2021:
Long live the future Queen! It's a girl for the Duke and Duchess of York! Thanks to the Law of Succession of 1995, this little lass shall one day take the top spot in the monarchy, regardless of any brothers who may follow. She is the first child of the Duke and Duchess, who married in 2018.

Update: Her names were revealed at 4:48 by Buckingham Palace to be Charlotte Alexandra Sophia. It seems the princess' name was chosen for her great-great-great-great-great-grandmother -say that five times fast - the famous Queen Charlotte, who shares her birthday with the little Princess. Her second name could be for her mother, the former Alexandra MacDonnell, and / or her paternal great-grandmother. Another namesake could be her father's distant cousin and close friend, the Tsarevich of Russia. Sophia is for her paternal aunt, who we expect to see as a godmother, as well as being her maternal grandmother's middle name. According to the little one's great-grandfather, the current King, she shall be titled as Her Royal Highness Princess Charlotte of York.

-Post from Royal Musings blog, January 7th, 2021.

It occurred to me that there is another possibility, however unlikely as it might be, that hasn't been suggested yet. Princess Charlotte doesn't get her claim to the throne through her father, but via her mother.

Other relations - great grandmother and grandmother are specified as paternal or maternal, but not the unnamed King.

King
1) Prince of Wales​
a) Princess m. X McDonnell​
1) Alexandra, m. 3rd Duke of York​
a) Princess Charlotte​
2) Duke of York​
a) 2nd Duke of York​
1) 3rd Duke of York​
The Duke of York doesn't even need to descend from the "present" King but could descend from his brother, or even from a still previous generation.

Last edited:
Hey guys - I'm working on getting the next post out (1830 to 1833 or even 1835). I've got some personal stuff going on, so it's taking me awhile - sorry :(

Hey guys - I'm working on getting the next post out (1830 to 1833 or even 1835). I've got some personal stuff going on, so it's taking me awhile - sorry
Personal stuff takes priority. I do want the story to continue, but that is inherently selfish
Life happens, and we the readers either 'deal with it', or throw a tanty and quit.
On another TL I'm following, the author yesterday 'apologised' that he would be slow due to traveling internationally for his wedding. The apology was completely unneccessary, AFAIAC, but the information was helpful.
In the eternal conflict between creativity on the internet and real life...
View attachment 625264

I've started reading this today, and I'm so happy with how it looks. Charlotte and Leopold had so many reasons to be happy and it's a pity what happened, honestly, but I like to think they are together now. I'm excited to see how the Carolean Age might come to be, and how different might be than our OTL Victorian Era. I'm sure it will be less strictly lol!

Personal stuff takes priority. I do want the story to continue, but that is inherently selfish
Life happens, and we the readers either 'deal with it', or throw a tanty and quit.
On another TL I'm following, the author yesterday 'apologised' that he would be slow due to traveling internationally for his wedding. The apology was completely unneccessary, AFAIAC, but the information was helpful.
In the eternal conflict between creativity on the internet and real life...
View attachment 625264
Don’t worry about us! Real life takes precedence
Thank you guys ❤

I've started reading this today, and I'm so happy with how it looks. Charlotte and Leopold had so many reasons to be happy and it's a pity what happened, honestly, but I like to think they are together now. I'm excited to see how the Carolean Age might come to be, and how different might be than our OTL Victorian Era. I'm sure it will be less strictly lol!
I'm so honored and glad you like it! Yes, the Carolean era will be known for a lot of things, but strict morality isn't quite one of them