Title Page
Mindaugas.jpg

King Mindaugas of Lithuania (1203-1263)

The Kingdoms Between East and West

A History of Lithuania:

Contents:

Introduction (OOC)
Credit and Sources (OOC)

Part 1: Pagans and Christians, Princes and Popes (1264-1300)
Chapter 1: Religion and Conflict (1264-1275)

Introduction
Introduction: Hello and welcome to my timeline, 'The Kingdoms Between East and West', a timeline covering a world in which Vaisvilkas of Lithuania (son of Mindaugas), does NOT retire into a monastic life after converting to Greek Orthodoxy at the end of the 13th Century. Because I ought to, I'm going to reiterate the warning I gave when I first planned to start this:

My knowledge of Lithuania and even Eastern Europe is lacking and so I may sometimes confuse concepts, miss out information or even recycle long disproven thoughts about the nature of the peoples of states of the time. In this, I ask that any mistakes I make- whether they be external (messing up information etc.) or internal (inconsistencies in my TL, spelling/grammatical errors etc.) be brought to my attention when noticed so that I may try to fix my mistakes. Nevertheless, I am thoroughly looking forward to the challenge this timeline may well pose and I hope that you all enjoy reading it as much as I will writing it.

To those (Augenis) who were disappointed at my lack of actually writing a timeline last time, I just wish to apologise for that. Personal affairs ended up getting in the way and I lost any motivation to do any writing until very recently. So sorry for not writing a timeline. I felt that, given the time between writing the intro last time and my changes in writing style with the rewrite of 'The Union of the Two Crowns', it would ultimately be better to just completely update the writing style.

To give a bit of context as to how I intend to go about this, the first page is a title page and contents that I will update with each new update to the timeline. My hope is that this will make navigating the timeline much easier for both my readers and I and will make things both neater and better put together. The 'Credit and Sources' section is just that, it's where I'll be giving credit for the pictures and maps I use that I did not make and the sources I have been using (of course this section is completely out of context as some of the sources I will be using probably won't exist in this timeline.

My knowledge of Lithuania and even Eastern Europe is lacking and so I may sometimes confuse concepts, miss out information or even recycle long disproven thoughts about the nature of the peoples of states of the time. In this, I ask that any mistakes I make- whether they be external (messing up information etc.) or internal (inconsistencies in my TL, spelling/grammatical errors etc.) be brought to my attention when noticed so that I may try to fix my mistakes. Nevertheless, I am thoroughly looking forward to the challenge this timeline may well pose and I hope that you all enjoy reading it as much as I will writing it.

Even though I don't know the finer details of this time period, I will recommend that you should look into the History of the Byzantine and Mongol Empires at this time in history. Since these two will be or WILL affected the Kingdom of Lithuania if it converts to Orthodoxy at this time.

Even though I don't know the finer details of this time period, I will recommend that you should look into the History of the Byzantine and Mongol Empires at this time in history. Since these two will be or WILL affected the Kingdom of Lithuania if it converts to Orthodoxy at this time.
Weird thing I noticed - why do you keep constantly capitalizing random words in your sentences?