Early life
Here is my attempt at a long time line, set from 1819, I hope to cover the next 200 years. With the birth of a single baby on Christmas Day, this child would grow on to change the history dramatically.

-----​

Early life

In 1819, Her Royal Highness, Adelaide of Saxe-Meiningen, Duchess of Clarence and St Andrews, be came pregnant for a second time, her husband Prince William had hoped to move the household to England so his future heir would be born on British soil, however following the premature state of the last pregnancy, he chose to stay put in Herrenhausen Palace, Hanover. [1]

Their son was born safely and healthy midday on 25th December 1819, with Adelaide also being healthy. He was christened on the day of his birth at the Palace by, his father's Domestic Chaplain, Rev Edward Curtis Kemp (serving as Chaplain to the British Ambassador to the Court of Berlin, The Rt. Hon. Sir George Rose as well), who had already been staying in Hanover to perform the Christmas sermon for the family.
His godparents were his paternal uncles, Prince Regent George (later George IV, represented by his other uncle Prince Ernest Augustus, Duke of Cumberland), Prince Frederick, Duke of York and Albany (represented by Prince Ernest's step son, Prince Frederick of Prussia) and the Prince Edward, Duke of Kent and Strathearn (represented by deputy of the Knighthood of the Principality of Osnabrück, Herbord Sigismund Ludwig von Bar) and his paternal aunt, Charlotte, Princess Royal, the Dowager Queen of Württemberg (represented by Frederica of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, The Duchess of Cumberland and Teviotdale)

The Duke and Duchess of Clarence had been discussing that if it was a girl to name her, Georgina Elizabeth Adelade and if a boy to name him George, in honour of the both Duke's father, King George III and the Duchess's father, George I, Duke of Saxe-Meiningen, but Prince Regent George, asked that the child be named either named Elizabeth or William instead. The couple agreed and on the day, chose to christened him, William George Henry.

At birth, William was fifth in the line of succession after the four eldest sons of George III: George, the Prince Regent; Frederick, the Duke of York; William and, his father, the Duke of Clarence. The Prince Regent had no surviving children, and the Duke of York had no children; further, both were estranged from their wives, who were both past child-bearing age, so the two eldest brothers were unlikely to have any further children.

The small family moved to Great Britain, shortly after Prince William's birth, the family arrived in Great Britain, in mid January, however before the new born was able to meet his grandfather, George III, died on 29 January 1820 and was succeeded by his eldest son, George IV.

On the 10 December 1820, 15 days before his first birthday, the small family was joined by the birth of Princess Elizabeth Georgiana Adelaide of Clarence, however this joy was short lived, as 2 months 22 days after her birth, Princess Elizabeth of Clarence, who had "suddenly been seized with the fatal disease, an intro-susception of the bowels" and died.

For the first few years, his family living in Richmond and at Kew Palace, until 1827, when the family moved into the specially commissioned royal residence of 'Clarence House', situated on The Mall, in the City of Westminster, attached to St. James's Palace and sharing the palace's garden. He was educated by private tutors, selected by his uncle, Prince Augustus Frederick, Duke of Sussex, who was known for his liberal views.

Nine days after Prince William's seventh birthday, Britain mourned another royal death, when the Duke of York died on 5 January 1827, at the age of 63, followed three years later, when King George IV died on 26 June 1830, aged 67, these two young deaths, were said to have had an adverse effect on Prince William's view on immortality.

King George IV was succeeded by his next surviving brother, William IV, and 10 year old, Prince William of Clarence and St Andrews, became Prince of Wales and heir to his father's throne. With William IV, succeeding at the age of 64, the Parliament, under Prime Miniser, Arthur Wellesley, the Duke of Wellington, set about bringing about the Regency Act 1830, which made special provision for William's wife to act as regent in case William died while his son was still a minor.

At the age of thirteen, Prince of Wales had hoped to follow in his father's footsteps and join the Royal Navy as a midshipman, however due to being the only child of the king of Britain, parliament declined the request, he would instead assist his father, during meetings privy meetings.

[1] In our time line, Adelaide became pregnant, but in her seventh month of pregnancy, she caught pleurisy and gave birth prematurely on 27 March 1819 during the illness. Her daughter, Charlotte, lived only a few hours. Another pregnancy in the same year caused William to move the household to England so his future heir would be born on British soil, yet Adelaide miscarried at Calais or Dunkirk during the journey on 5 September 1819.

Last edited:
Tour and Wedding
As well as his years on the Privy Council, Prince William of Wales, took on a new role of touring foreign nations on his father's behalf as well as searching for a suitable future bride. He left Britain, in January 1835, aged 15, with a large household around him. William would begin his visit, with a stop in Belgium, where he was graciously hosted by Leopold I, who regaled him tales of his time as husband of William's own late cousin, Princess Charlotte of Wales and introducing William to Leopold's thirteen year old niece Princess Victoria of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, daughter of Prince Ferdinand of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha and Maria Antonia Koháry de Csábrág, however there was no connection between the pair.

From Belgium, the royal tour, traveled through Prussian held provinces of Rhine Province and Westphalia, the Prince was able to see the influence the Prussian hyper-masculine military culture and monarchy was having on these lands.
Arriving in mid-March in the Prince's father's other domain, the Kingdom of Hanover, where his uncle, Prince Adolphus, Duke of Cambridge was serving as Viceroy of Hanover, along with his cousin, Prince George and Princess Augusta of Cambridge, the time spent with his cousin, George created a bond that would serve both the men a life time of loyalty and friendship, however Augusta, was a formidable force and did not take to William's liberal views.

Leaving Hanover, in late May, his household, traveled northward to Denmark, where William was welcomed with kind hospitality, by 67 year old Frederick IV, housed in Palace of Amalienborg in Copenhagen. Frederick was the son of King Christian VII and Caroline Matilda of Great Britain, Christian was himself, son of a British princess, Louise of Great Britain. Although 42 years separated the pair, the conversations between them were heard by staff to continue though out the day and into the late hours of the night. Frederick suggested that William would be a charming and caring match for his youngest daughter, Princess Vilhelmine Marie of Denmark, however, she was 13 years older than Prince William and only separated from her husband Prince Frederick of Denmark, with a divorce on the cards, Vilhelmine, would cause a great crisis in the British constitution, which William knew he couldn't allow. While inside the palace, Frederick, granted an private and personal reading of the "Fairy Tales Told for Children" by an author named, Hans Christian Andersen, Prince William, fell in love with these tales and requested a published book in English to be sent to his home in London, for him to read to himself and his future issues. He left the Kingdom of Denmark, sailing from Copenhagen, through the Baltic sea, for Stockholm Sweden in Early-July.

In Russia, William stayed with Russian Tsar, Nicholas I and his family in the Winter Palace, seeing the beautiful country in its warm summer scene of August, he caught the eyes of both of Nicholas's eldest daughters, Grand Duchess Maria and Grand Duchess Olga, however he found Olga to be non-challenging, while Nicholas did not want his eldest daughter, Maria, who William found to be attentive and generous with strong liberal views, to leave Russia to live abroad.
William and his entourage would bid the Russian family, good bye on the 8th September, traveling toward Berlin, Kingdom of Prussia, the royal party would reach the Hohenzollern household, in late September, with the elderly Frederick William III of Prussia gratefully welcoming the British heir.
King Frederick William, had hoped to have a Hohenzollern bride wed William, forming a strong alliance with Britain, however his daughter's were already married and his granddaughters, were too young.

The visit was a short one, with the Prince, traveling south towards Vienna, before September was even finished, while sitting in his stage coach, Prince William of Wales, would spend his time observing the country side of Europe, which still bared scares of the Napoleonic War, and arriving at the Schönbrunn Palace, Vienna, in mid-October, he was greeted warmly by Prince Klemens von Metternich, Austria's Foreign Minister, who represented the mentally deficienct, Emperor Ferdinand of Austria, whom had succeeded to the throne on March 2, of this year, following the death of his father, Francis, the last Holy Roman Emperor.

Leaving Vienna on 3rd November, the court would make their way West, aiming for France, along the Germanic side of the Alps. King Louis Philippe I, tried desperately to persuade the young Prince of Wales to consider marrying his youngest daughter, Princess Clémentine of Orléans, who was described as "possessing great beauty and accomplishments," going as far as stating he would request a decree from Pope Gregory XVI (although many believed that the strongly conservative and traditionalist Pope would have said no)
Prince William, having grown up learning about King James II, the Glorious Revolution and seeing the great strife that was still in Britain, knew that a Catholic bride would have consequences that didn't bare thinking about.

On his last day in Paris, Prince William, was expected to return straight to Great Britain, however he was invited to visit the Netherlands as an honoured guest at the court of William I, it was while in this beautiful country, that William fell in love with Princess Sophie, the granddaughter of William I, through his heir Prince William of Orange.
He requested a extension on his visit as to spend his 16th birthday with the Dutch royal family, secretly he would as King William I permission and on 25 December, he requested that Princess Sophie, did him the honour of being his wife, as expected she was quick to accept and so it was set, with his father's ailing health at 72 years old, on 25 November 1837 at the age of 18, Prince William of Wales was wed to Princess Wilhelmine Marie Sophie Louise of the Netherlands (8 April 1824 – 23 March 1897) in one of the grandest weddings in European history, with foreign dignities such as Léopold I, King of the Belgians (uncle of William's cousin, Princess Alexandria), King Louis Philippe I of France, and representing Frederick William III of Prussia, was his forty year old, second son, Prince William of Prussia (future Emperor of Germany)
As well as President Andrew Jackson being represented by former American chargé d'affaires in London, Aaron Vail. Prince William, refused the offer of United States Minister to the United Kingdom, Andrew Stevenson, to attend, due to Stevenson's controversial standing of being a slave owner, going against the Prince's abolitionism views.

The grooms side:
King William IV (Father)
Queen Adelaide (Mother)
Princess Alexandria of Kent and Strathearn (cousin)
The Dowager Duchess of Kent and Strathearn (aunt)
The Princess Augusta Sophia (aunt)
The Prince Ernest Augustus Duke of Cumberland and Duchess Frederica of Mecklenburg-Strelitz (uncle and aunt)
Prince George of Cumberland (cousin and Groomsman)
The Duke of Sussex and Lady Cecilia Underwood (uncle and aunt)
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (uncle and aunt)
Prince George of Cambridge (cousin, bestman and groomsman)
Princess Augusta of Cambridge (cousin)
Princess Mary Adelaide of Cambridge (cousin)
The Duchess of Gloucester and Edinburgh (aunt)
The Princess Sophia (aunt)

The bridal train was carried by these bridesmaids:
- Maid of Honour, was bestowed on to Princess Alexandria of Kent, cousin of Prince William and third in line to the throne at this time.
- Princess Wilhelmina Frederika Alexandrine Anna Louise, cousin of the bride, through Prince Frederick of the Netherlands, the second child of King William I of the Netherlands and Wilhelmina of Prussia, youngest at only 10 years old.
- Lady Mary Howard, granddaughter of the Duke of Norfolk, Earl Marshal and premier peer of the realm
- Princess Augusta of Cambridge, cousin of Prince William
- Princess Mary Adelaide of Cambridge, cousin of Prince William
- Lady Caroline Gordon-Lennox, daughter of the Duke of Richmond and Lennox
- Lady Elizabeth Howard, daughter of the Earl of Carlisle
- Lady Wilhelmina Stanhope, daughter of the Earl Stanhope
- Lady Sarah Villiers, daughter of the Earl of Jersey
- Lady Elizabeth Sackville-West, daughter of the Earl De La Warr
- Lady Ida Hay, daughter of the Earl of Erroll
- Lady Jane Pleydell-Bouverie, daughter of the Earl of Radnor

Princess Sophie was chosen not only for her closeness of age, but also whom through her great-grandfather, William V, Prince of Orange's mother Anne, Princess Royal, she is related to George I, and on her other side she is the Great-great maternal granddaughter of George I, via Sophia Dorothea of Hanover. Her links to Prussia and Russia, being the great granddaughter of Peter III of Russia, Catherine the Great and Frederick William II of Prussia, also made her an idea choice for Prince William.

She was described by her husband's aunt, Victoria, Dowerger Duchess of Kent and Strathearn, thusly "Sophie was not my first though of as a future Queen of Great Britain, due to being extremely ugly, she has however showed great strength and personality, being a most imposing Princess. She is clever, too, and upheld the reputation of the Hanover family. As a Princess of the Netherlands by birth, she kept and maintained at her court the traditions in which she had been reared. Notwithstanding her want of beauty, moreover, she presented a splendid figure, being always magnificently dressed and covered with wonderful jewels."

William V.png

Last edited:
An interesting idea, though I don't understand why William V has liberal views. Neither of his parents were liberal, the Court wasn't liberal and the PM had no say whatsoever on the tutors for the Prince. It just doens't make sense to me.

An interesting idea, though I don't understand why William V has liberal views. Neither of his parents were liberal, the Court wasn't liberal and the PM had no say whatsoever on the tutors for the Prince. It just doens't make sense to me.
Prince William appointed his younger brother Prince Augustus Frederick, Duke of Sussex.
He was the only surviving son of George III who did not pursue an army or navy career. William wanted his son to be taught the way of court as well as military.
The duke of Sussex is renowned for his liberal views, which included reform of Parliament, abolition of the slave trade, Catholic emancipation, and the removal of existing civil restrictions on Jews and dissenters.
I’m hoping to make this alternative King of Britain and Emperor of its empire to be one of progression without going into the realms of ASB.

I have updated the tour.

Is it feasible in 1835 for someone to travel this extensively around Europe or have I already walked into the world of ASB?

What tour? Sorry, am I missing something? But Grand Tours were fairly common among the aristocracy. And this is a young man on the marriage market. You should be okay. Though how he's learning any statecraft beats me....

What tour? Sorry, am I missing something? But Grand Tours were fairly common among the aristocracy. And this is a young man on the marriage market. You should be okay. Though how he's learning any statecraft beats me....
The last post had him touring. His tutors would have had him trained in states craft. And as stating in my post. A majority were related so would have been an easy approach.

The last post had him touring. His tutors would have had him trained in states craft. And as stating in my post. A majority were related so would have been an easy approach.

Yeah, I wondered after I'd posted whether you'd simply edited the first post... And I guess a Grand Tour is as good a chance to do some applied statecraft as any...

What I'm curious about is how little Victoria of Kent is fairing in this scenario. I'm betting the POD hasn't affected her conception, given she was born in May 1819, but what's her childhood/character like in a world where she's not been raised to be Queen? Happier, I hope!

What I'm curious about is how little Victoria of Kent is fairing in this scenario. I'm betting the POD hasn't affected her conception, given she was born in May 1819, but what's her childhood/character like in a world where she's not been raised to be Queen? Happier, I hope!
Im hoping to address as many otl figures and scenes as possible.

Victoria will still be a significant character being a British princess and heir to William until his daughter is born.

Victoria's uncle Leopold I of Belgium will not see any use for her with William having heirs and spares.

The Royal Children #1
The Royal Children (as of the final birth 1862)

William V (25/12/1819-18/09/1900) m. 1837, Princess Sophie of the Netherlands (8 April 1824 – 23 March 1897)
1) William George Henry, Prince of Wales (19 August 1838–) m. 1858, Grand Duchess Wilhelmine Alexandrovna (21 November 1840-5 August 1901) [1]
2) Adelaide Louise, Princess Royal (3 December 1840– )
3) Princess Sophia Charlotte (26 August 1841- )
4) Princess Louise Theresa (28 May 1843- )
5) Prince Augustus Frederick, Duke of York and Albany (31 July 1844 –) m. 1868, Princess Mary of Cumberland (2 December 1849 – 4 June 1904) [2]
6) Princess Charlotte Augusta (20 January 1849 –)
7) Princess Sophia Dorothea (29 March 1851–)
8) Princess Anne Pauline (28 February 1854–)
9) Princess Caroline Matilda (7 June 1856- )
10) Prince Henry Alexander, Duke of Sussex (18 June 1858- )
11) Prince George Octavius, Duke of Clarence and St Andrews (13 February 1860– )
12) Princess Elizabeth Georgiana (15 November 1861 - 29 November 1861)
13) Princess Willamina Frederica (19 June 1862– )
[1] Daughter of Tsar Alexander II of Russia and Tsarina Alexandra Eduardovna, granddaughter of Prince Edward, Duke of Kent and Strathearn, making her a great-granddaughter of King George III.
[2] Daughter of George, Duke of Cumberland and Teviotdale, granddaughter of Ernest Augustus, Duke of Cumberland and Teviotdale, making her a great-granddaughter of King George III.

Last edited:

VVD0D95

Banned
The Royal Children (as of the final birth 1862)

William V (25/12/1819-18/09/1900) m. 1837, Princess Sophie of the Netherlands (8 April 1824 – 23 March 1897)
1) William George Henry, Prince of Wales (19 August 1838–)
2) Adelaide Louise, Princess Royal (3 December 1840– )
3) Princess Sophia Charlotte (26 August 1841- )
4) Princess Louise Theresa (28 May 1843- )
5) Prince Augustus Frederick, Duke of York and Albany (31 July 1844 –)
6) Princess Charlotte Augusta (20 January 1849 –)
7) Princess Sophia Dorothea (29 March 1851–)
8) Princess Anne Pauline (28 February 1854–)
9) Princess Caroline Matilda (7 June 1856- )
10) Prince Henry Alexander, Duke of Sussex (18 June 1858- )
11) Prince George Octavius, Duke of Clarence and St Andrews (13 February 1860– )
12) Princess Elizabeth Georgiana (15 November 1861 - 29 November 1861)
13) Princess Willamina Frederica (19 June 1862– )​

Fair spread of children here, I do wonder where the girls will be married to, and whether William would follow his cousin's Pro German policy of otl or not

Princess Alexandrina Victoria of Kent, was born at 4.15 a.m. on 24 May 1819 at Kensington Palace in London to Prince Edward, Duke of Kent and Strathearn, the fourth son of the reigning King of the United Kingdom, George III and Princess Victoria of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld, a widowed German princess with two children—Carl (1804–1856) and Feodora (1807–1872)—by her first marriage to the Prince of Leiningen. Princess Victoria's brother Leopold was Princess Charlotte's widower.

At birth, Victoria was fifth in the line of succession after her grandfather, George III, her uncles George, the Prince Regent (later George IV); Frederick, the Duke of York; William, the Duke of Clarence (later William IV); and then her father, Edward, the Duke of Kent.
The Prince Regent had no surviving children, and the Duke of York had no children; further, both were estranged from their wives, who were both past child-bearing age, so the two eldest brothers were unlikely to have any further children. The Duke of Clarence and the Duke of Kent married on the same day in 1818, with the death of Princess Charlotte Augusta Louisa of Clarence 27 March 1819, many didn't expect the elderly Prince to have a surviving child, however as her parents enjoyed spending their first Christmas as a family, they had not heard the news of the new birth in Hanover.

Her father died of pneumonia on 23 January 1820, before meeting his nephew and Princess Alexandrina would not meet her cousin until the funeral of her father 12 February 1820 and their grandfather's funeral on 16 February 1820 St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle.

Princess Alexandrina would later described her childhood as "rather melancholy". Her mother was extremely protective, and Alexandrina was raised largely isolated from other children under the so-called "Kensington System", an elaborate set of rules and protocols devised by the Duchess and her ambitious and domineering comptroller, Sir John Conroy, who was rumoured to be the Duchess's lover. The system prevented the princess from meeting people whom her mother and Conroy deemed undesirable (including most of her father's family), and was designed to render her weak and dependent upon them. The Duchess avoided the court because she was scandalised by the presence of King William's illegitimate children, and insisting that her daughter should avoid any appearance of sexual impropriety. Alexandrina shared a bedroom with her mother every night, studied with private tutors to a regular timetable, and spent her play-hours with her dolls and her King Charles Spaniel, Dash. Her lessons included French, German, Italian, and Latin, but she spoke only English at home.

In 1830, the Duchess of Kent and Conroy arranged visits to take place across the centre of England towards the Malvern Hills, stopping at towns and great country houses along the way. Similar journeys to other parts of England and Wales were taken in 1832, 1833, 1834 and 1835. To the King's annoyance, Alexandrina was enthusiastically welcomed in each of the stops. King William IV compared the journeys to royal progresses and was concerned that they portrayed Victoria as his son's rival rather than the third in line to the throne.
Princess Alexandrina disliked the trips; the constant round of public appearances made her tired and ill, and there was little time for her to rest. She objected on the grounds of the King's disapproval, but her mother dismissed his complaints as motivated by jealousy and forced Victoria to continue the tours.At Ramsgate in October 1835, Victoria contracted a severe fever, which Conroy initially dismissed as a childish pretence. While Victoria was ill, Conroy and the Duchess unsuccessfully badgered her to make Conroy her private secretary. As a teenager, Victoria resisted persistent attempts by her mother and Conroy to appoint him to her staff.

Leopold, his was Alexandrina's mother's bother and her deceased cousin, Prince Charlotte of Wales's widow, on his accession to the new throne as King of the Belgians, on 21 July 1831, at the age of 40, there were talks of him marrying his niece, however at only 12, it was not seen as an ideal choice waiting for at least four years, for her to come of age and that fact that she was not Catholic. Duchess Victoria, wanted her brother to arrange a suitable marriage for her daughter, rather than her paternal uncle dictating the suitor, he suggested Duchess Victoria's nephew, Hereditary Prince Ernest, of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld, the elder child of Ernest I, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld, and his wife, Princess Louise of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg, however the match wasn't suited.

Following the engagement of her cousin, William, Prince of Wales, to Princess Sophia, King William IV, suggested a double marriage with Alexandrina, marrying Sophia's older brother, Crown Prince William of the Netherlands, second son of the Prince of Orange and third heir to the Netherlands throne, however William's mother Anna Pavlovna of Russia, wanted him to marry Sophie of Württemberg, daughter of King William I of Württemberg and her sister, Grand Duchess Catherine Pavlovna of Russia.

She became became heir presumptive, to her cousin between his succession on 20th June 1838 and the birth of his son two months later on 19 August, with her chances of becoming queen of the United Kingdom, Alexandrina knew she needed to find a husband, as a young bachelor, Tsesarevich Alexander Nikolaevich of Russia made a Grand Tour of Europe, similar to that of William V's tour, with one of the purposes of the tour being to select a suitable bride for himself. He stayed for three days with King William V and was introduced to his cousin, Princess Alexandrina of Kent, and the two got along well. With William's blessing, the two were firstly married in a Church of England ceremony at Windsor Castle, Berkshire, before traveling to Russia, where she was able to keep her christian name as "Alexandrina Alexeievna" the first Russian Consort from the British Isles, since Gytha Godwinson of Wessex, daughter of King Harold of England, who married Vladimir II Monomakh, Grand Prince of Kievan Rus' in 1107.

Together Tsar Alexander and Tsarina Alexandrina would have nine children:
1) Grand Duchess Wilhelmine Alexandrovna (21 November 1840-5 August 1901) m. William George Henry, Prince of Wales (19 August 1838–)
2) Tsar Nicholas II (9 November 1841-6 May 1910) m. Princess Alexandra of Denmark (1844–1925)
1) Tsesarevich Alexander (8 January 1864-14 January 1892)
2) Tsar Nicholas III (3 June 1865-20 January 1936)
3) Grand Duchess Alexandrina Nikolaevna (20 February 1867-4 January 1931)
4) Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna 6 July 1868 3 December 1935 never married and without issue
5) Grand Duchess Maria Nikolaevna (26 November 1869-20 November 1938) became Queen Maria of Norway, m. 1896, Prince Carl of Denmark (King of Norway as Haakon VII from 1905)
6) Grand Duke Alexei (6 April 1871-7 April 1871)​
3) Grand Duchess Olga Alexandrovna (25 April 1843-14 December 1878)
4) Grand Duke Alexander Alexandrovich (6 August 1844-31 July 1900)
5) Grand Duchess Elisaveta Alexandrovna (25 May 1846 9 June 1923
6) Grand Duchess Xenia Alexandrovna 18 March 1848 3 December 1939) m. 1867, George I of Greece (24 December 1845 – 18 March 1913)
7) Grand Duke Vladimir Alexandrovich (1 May 1850 16 January 1942)
8) Grand Duke Sergei Alexandrovich (7 April 1853 28 March 1884)
9) Grand Duchess Maryia Alexandrovna (14 April 1857 26 October 1944)

Tsarina Alexandrina would be a strong influence in all her children's lives

WORKING PROGRESS

keep her christian name as "Alexandrina Alexeievna
Surely "Alexandrina Eduardovna". Her dad's name wasn't Alexei.

Don't know if "Alexandrina" would pass muster with the Orthodox Church. Is there any saint with that name? A quick Google doesn't find one. I rather suspect she WON'T be able to keep it as is, but will have to be "Alexandra Eduardovna"

Also. I doubt really highly that they'd get married in an Anglican service. Pretty sure Russian princes had to marry in an Orthodox service.