I like it great story so far dude looking forward to the next chapter. Be cool to see some Aztec builders be utilized more but could just be my wishful thinking.

I like it great story so far dude looking forward to the next chapter. Be cool to see some Aztec builders be utilized more but could just be my wishful thinking.
Do you mean stuff like architecture? I'll see what I can do when I write in depth about the cultural consequences of a less destructive Spanish presence in Mesoamerica.

I'm curious. If the Aztec Empire survives to the 17th -18th Century, will they get a flag and coat of arms? And what would be some notable colors and symbols?

Personally, I think an either an Eagle on a cactus or a sun symbol could potentially be good symbols, and definitely the Flag would have red in it.

I'm curious. If the Aztec Empire survives to the 17th -18th Century, will they get a flag and coat of arms? And what would be some notable colors and symbols?

Personally, I think an either an Eagle on a cactus or a sun symbol could potentially be good symbols, and definitely the Flag would have red in it.
AFAIK most if not all Mesoamerican states were represented by glyphs and similar symbols, so they'd almost certainly adopt flags and coats of arms.

As for what is put on those flags, it'll depend on the amount of European influence they receive.

When they do adopt the flags and coats of arms, I hope they use the one Mexico has irl.

On flag/coat of arms might stil contain snake eating eagle which is sitting on cactus. But I doubt that it is going to be tricolor when such flags are probably butterflied away.

And likely, up far north in the USA when it develops:
(1) Different battles/etc would happen on the USA's south border.
(2) USA schoolchildren would be learning highschool Nahuatl instead of highschool Spanish.
(3) The big USA navy base at OTL Corpus Christi might have a Nahuatl name.
And possibly:
Anahuac would import European cattle, and sacrifice some of them instead of humans. (I read that OTL Netzaualcoyotl tried to stop human sacrifice.)
Some of those cattle would come infected with cowpox ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowpox ). And someone in Anahuac would find that a human who caught cowpox, after that would be immune to smallpox.
Ship development would be helped if some bunch of sea pirates or adventurers took service under the tlatoani.

Last edited:
I just came upon this TL. Very nicely done! It’s overall plausible.
Some refused to submit to a "pagan" king and chose instead to commit suicide or, in a few other cases, the most famous of them by far being that of Cristóbal de Olid (who served as the quartermaster of Cortés' expedition), to escape at the first opportunity.
This part, however, gave me pause. Suicide was considered a cardinal sin, guaranteed to condemn souls to hell no matter their prior conduct, so I don’t think these Spaniards would kill themselves. They might try to provoke the Aztecs into killing them, as such action wouldn’t be seen as suicide by the Church and Spanish secular authorities.

I just came upon this TL. Very nicely done! It’s overall plausible.

This part, however, gave me pause. Suicide was considered a cardinal sin, guaranteed to condemn souls to hell no matter their prior conduct, so I don’t think these Spaniards would kill themselves. They might try to provoke the Aztecs into killing them, as such action wouldn’t be seen as suicide by the Church and Spanish secular authorities.
Thanks for the advice, I'll edit that tidbit right now.

(2) USA schoolchildren would be learning highschool Nahuatl instead of highschool Spanish.
And possibly:
Anahuac would import European cattle, and sacrifice some of them instead of humans. (I read that OTL Netzaualcoyotl tried to stop human sacrifice.)
Some of those cattle would come infected with cowpox ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowpox ). And someone in Anahuac would find that a human who caught cowpox, after that would be immune to smallpox.
Ship development would be helped if some bunch of sea pirates or adventurers took service under the tlatoani.
I would not assume that the USA would develop at all.

Also, that story of Nezahualcoyotl should be taken with a large grain of salt; it was recorded post-Conquest when Texcoco's nobility was attempting to make itself look better.

And possibly:

USA would be butterflied away. There might be some another big North American nation but it would be completely different. And even education system would be different.

I honestly would love to see what comes out of the Aztec Religious reaction to an European Religious and Philosophical exchange. If you need ideas I'd say Indian reactions to Greek Philosophy, British Christianity and Islam and the movements that sprung out of those dialogues might be interesting. The Bhakti movement for instance was one of many Hindu Reform Movements that sprung specifically from interaction between Hinduism and the latter two so you might want to take a look at that oh and dont forget taking a look at China's own encounters and exchange with the West for ideas. Honestly whatever you come up with will be interesting to read.

The Aztecs will need a flag come the 19th century. No flag. No nation. And then the model of a modern major general will just come in and plant the British one.