Pick your poison:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jes Lo

Banned
If you had a sufficient Arsenal would you attack?
If Operation Sunset was as costly as described, the metaphorical and literal fallout of Operation Göttendämmerung
would make the cost too immeasurable to be anywhere near worth the effort.
Btw, sometime when you have the time for it, a little something about Democratic Europe would be interesting.

If Operation Sunset was as costly as described, the metaphorical and literal fallout of Operation Göttendämmerung
would make the cost too immeasurable to be anywhere near worth the effort.
Btw, sometime when you have the time for it, a little something about Democratic Europe would be interesting.
Democratic Europe? What Democracy?
Laughs in Reich

You mean Britain?

Jes Lo

Banned
Democratic Europe? What Democracy?
Laughs in Reich

You mean Britain?
I noticed on the map how it's Britain and its holdings, Ireland, Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe Islands. I know they barely count as "Europe" as they're all island states, but I just call it that to give it a name. It wouldn't be long, obviously, but it'd be interesting to see these few nations interacting with each other diplomatically, especially the UK and Ireland. I also assume Iceland would enter "NATO" if any parallel organization is founded in this story.

I noticed on the map how it's Britain and its holdings, Ireland, Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe Islands. I know they barely count as "Europe" as they're all island states, but I just call it that to give it a name. It wouldn't be long, obviously, but it'd be interesting to see these few nations interacting with each other diplomatically, especially the UK and Ireland. I also assume Iceland would enter "NATO" if any parallel organization is founded in this story.
I do not know enough about Ireland, Iceland and Greenland to go in deep about their inner politics but there will likely be an UK chapter in the future.

Jes Lo

Banned
I do not know enough about Ireland, Iceland and Greenland to go in deep about their inner politics but there will likely be an UK chapter in the future.
I could give you insight into the latter two and the Faroe Islands if you're interested. The one I know the least about is Ireland. The most I can say about it is how it was strictly neutral and opposed to entering the war due to anti-British sentiment. On top of that you had politicians, a few paramilitaries and certain sections of the public either apathetic or sympathetic towards Germany to varying degrees. You'd have a very weird situation between the UK and Ireland during and after the war, with the nationalists not particularly keen on pursuing a relationship with the UK. With the Allies losing the relationship could either degrade or improve depending on how much blame the UK might place on Ireland's neutrality. If you have the Troubles take place, you'd be seeing openly UK/UN-backed Loyalists/Unionists and British forces against Nationalists/Republican forces, some of them backed by Germany, turning it into another Cold War proxy. There's less to tell about the other three, but they'd be impacted from being isolated from the other Nordics, especially Denmark.

Last edited:
I’m surprised Hitler hasn’t decided to deal the Soviets the death blow, considering they’re currently fighting a civil war (not to mention having lost their most populous territories and industries). Technically Germany and the Soviets are still at war, aren’t they?

I’m surprised Hitler hasn’t decided to deal the Soviets the death blow, considering they’re currently fighting a civil war (not to mention having lost their most populous territories and industries). Technically Germany and the Soviets are still at war, aren’t they?
The Russians are currently killing each other with no help needed from the Reich, and going back in would involve giving the Russians a compelling external foe that has proven to be the enemy of all of them.
An enemy that is tired of war for the moment, very busy internally and would face big logistical challenges fighting that far to the East.

So, yeah. For the Nazis, if they want more Germans and fewer Russians, doing nothing is pretty much the easiest option. This will likely change once it looks one side is getting the upper hand, but right now? This is ideal for them.

They are, the Reich is not inactive in Russia, not by far, but that will be shown better in either a German or especially a Russian chapter. Hitler currently is focusing on the... cleaning of Eastern Europe from the local Slavs, and its more convenient to just let Russians do the killing for now. And besides, it was never the German plan to just push into the Pacific.

Gabingston

Kicked
They are, the Reich is not inactive in Russia, not by far, but that will be shown better in either a German or especially a Russian chapter. Hitler currently is focusing on the... cleaning of Eastern Europe from the local Slavs, and its more convenient to just let Russians do the killing for now. And besides, it was never the German plan to just push into the Pacific.
Poor Eastern Europe. Poor Ukraine in particular, first Stalin starves them and then the Nazis either keep starving them or turn them into slaves.

Speaking of that, who are the the top contenders to succeed Hitler as Führer?
Currently the ones in the “Vultures” chapter except for Göring who’s dead. Technically the succession falls on Hess but considering how much of an awkward esoteric sycophant he is, that is the equivalent of giving the throne to an empty chair for someone else to sit on.

Nice chapter, I hope Israel can survive and thrive in the coming years. Could we also see a chapter about what's happening in Spain and Italy? Keep up the good work.
I suppose that Hitler will help Spain in its reconstruction. Hitler himself knew the danger of invading Spain.

He would not invade a nation like France. He would invade a nation that had just been through a civil war and I believe he would have sent volunteers to fight in Russia. He wouldn't make sense to attack an ally like that.

Happy new year everyone, who wants to start it with some intrigue and backstabbing in Germania? Dwelling inside the inner politics and machinations of the Reich and how they affect the civilian lives of millions.

Happy new year everyone, who wants to start it with some intrigue and backstabbing in Germania? Dwelling inside the inner politics and machinations of the Reich and how they affect the civilian lives of millions.
Happy new year to you too, hope to see new updates as soon as possible. Just one question: how will "Free France" confront decolonization?