The Iron Eagle: An Adolf Hitler Presidency

Is this TL Good so far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Hitler going to be America's wartime leader? If so rest in pepperoni France, England and the Soviet Union.

Cannot spoil what will occur my good sir! :)

I can confirm that these two men will be important ITTL:

GEORGE-S.-PATTON.jpg

charles_de_gaulle.jpg

I have a feeling Japan will be in the Entente with America in the Axis. Which will mean that if the colonial empires go up in smoke in the same way as OTL, then it will be Japan in a 1v1 against America. Except that Japan will have the supplies of the colonial empires given freely. This hinges on the idea that the Dutch get flattened in another schlieffen plan because the DEI is the mother load of rubber and oil which will be vital for the Japanese war effort. Heck that last part could easily be applicable even the Dutch were neutral, and selling to any side, to make massive profits.

If America is in the axis, then Canada will be a major useless front to fight. The Entente wouldn't be able to supply it early on and the front would fold in the face of American military might. But it can't be undefended as that would signal to the other Dominions that Britain will not defend its Empire, which is untrue. SA and India might revolt. Well maybe not SA depending on whether Smuts or Hertzog is in power. Though there might one victory that the Entente might win, the taking of the Panama Canal. In the political sphere, the Americans would most likely browbeat the neutral South American nations into not suppling the Entente.

It is very likely that the French will capitulate again, but hopefully with the prominence of Charles De Gaulle in this TL. Will hopefully mean that the French set up in Algeria and the colonies stay true to the republic meaning that the Italians can be kicked out of North Africa, before the Germans come. Meaning that the Entente can move supplies across the Mediterranean without the Regina Marina. Meaning that more supplies can be moved to the east and help the Japanese, while maintaining a stiff defence of the Home Islands.

Idea two is that, this US-Japanese is seperate from the European conflict and both sides respect the neutrality of the colonial empires.

Last edited:
I can't see the selection of Ludendorff going well for the German Nationalists for numerous reasons, the most notable being that of the influence his soon-to-be second wife, Mathilde, had over his personal and political convictions. I'm going to need to do some digging on Ludendorff to establish a clearer opinion though, as I can't quite remember all the details.

Will hopefully mean that the French set up in Algeria and the colonies stay true to the republic

The French government didn't relocated to Algeria when it had the political backing of President Roosevelt and the perspective of a future American entry into the war, of course, on their side. Why would it relocate now, when it could only rely on Great Britain, which is alreafy stuck in the struggle for it's own survival?

Deleted member 2186

Wil Patton stil be the Patton whe know from OTL, a general who does not take a no for a answer.

The French government didn't relocated to Algeria when it had the political backing of President Roosevelt and the perspective of a future American entry into the war, of course, on their side. Why would it relocate now, when it could only rely on Great Britain, which is alreafy stuck in the struggle for it's own survival?

Because OTL, Petain and the others got lucky. Hell, even The fall of France wasn't written, the German just scored 100 after 100 in a stroke of luck unseen in History. Make it happens one month earlier or later and i doubt the result would be the same.

The thinking is that with prominence of Charles De Gaulle, hopefully pre war, will stiffen the backs of the French.

Status
Not open for further replies.