The Iron Eagle: An Adolf Hitler Presidency

Discussion in 'Alternate History Discussion: After 1900' started by IntellectuallyHonestRhino, Mar 6, 2018.

?

Is this TL Good so far?

1. Yes!

91.6%
  2. No

11.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Word Bearer Well-Known Member

Are the trains going to be running on time?

Kennedy4Ever, Aloha, i8jello and 3 others like this.
  2. IntellectuallyHonestRhino Well-Known Member

Haven't confirmed whether or not trains will be even of major in the infrastructure planning but I respect the Mussolini reference ;).

King_Arthur likes this.
  3. ZeSteel Well-Known Member

I have a random thought that crossed my mind, sorry if it's a little off topic, but what does Hitler think of Science Fiction? The Pulp era of Sci-Fi will be coming up soon and I imagine certain authors could have an influence on Hitler's racial identity (cough Lovecraft cough). I would perfectly understand if Hitler saw the whole thing as imoral, but I have the feeling that Hitler would really take to some of the concepts in early Sci-Fi, especially the generally optimistic worldview it held (except, again for lovecraft).

Aloha likes this.
  4. Michel Van Well-Known Member

oh, no, nein, das bloss nicht, Hitler und Eisenbahn ?!

mean USA will get biggest Train-stations on Planet and wide track Gigant Trains ?
    i mean those

Munich proposed Great train-station a Dome of 900 ft diameter
    [​IMG]

To compare "Breitspuhrbahn" vs normal Train...
    [​IMG]

The Reichs Railway say NO to the plans, But the "Little annoying Austrian" screamed YES YES YES (while hammering on table, floor or something in the way...)
    [​IMG]

Oh also Autobahnen for USA ?

5. Beebos Member

I'm really intrigued what type of impact Hitler's children will have on America as a whole, I wonder if they're going to either form or be apart of some social movements. We might get some epic family drama in the future...

6. HonestAbe1809 Abraham Lincoln 2020

And now I want one of Hitler's children or grandchildren to be a hippy. Or whatever members of ITTL's counter-culture would be called.

Michel Van, Remitonov, Aloha and 5 others like this.
  7. IntellectuallyHonestRhino Well-Known Member

That ain't Thomas the Tank Engine.

Kennedy4Ever, Michel Van and Aloha like this.
  8. Michel Van Well-Known Member

For the locomotive they consider Diesel/Electric engine from submarines.
    the 1950s reissue of "Breitspuhrbahn" look into use of NUCLEAR REACTORS for locomotive

[​IMG]

9. IntellectuallyHonestRhino Well-Known Member

I love train models.

Aloha likes this.
  10. Aloha I would like to make sweet love with you

Between Communist Germany and Fascist Russia
    Or do you?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  11. Kennedy4Ever Kennedy Curse: it’s NOT a curse, stupid! Banned

Damn, it looks like President Hitler is going to be bringing America into the future ITTL, with great technological marvels such as the Radio, the Car/motorways, the Giant Train/train stations/Wide train tracks, the Atom Bomb, etc, etc. Hitler might not be so bad after all ITTL! At least looking from that angle of course. ;)

panpiotr, Aloha, Remitonov and 3 others like this.
  12. IntellectuallyHonestRhino Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

He will have some importance in Iron Eagle ;).

13. Aloha I would like to make sweet love with you

You know, sometimes I wonder about what it would look like if Hitler was brought back to life for a day or a week and saw TLs like this (same for ones about Hitler being a commie...).
    Expect a lot of frothing at the mouth...

Same situation for if Stalin had seen the TL about him being leader of Nazi Germany.

or if both had discovered Nazbol.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  14. IntellectuallyHonestRhino Well-Known Member

Mayor Curley of Boston, just in case some didn’t know who he was.

15. IntellectuallyHonestRhino Well-Known Member

An old comment but this here is key.

King_Arthur and Ice34 like this.
  16. Anglocalvinist67 Well-Known Member

Strangely, after Germany was divided after WW 2, the East German train system kept the name "Deutsche Reichsbahn." Pretty stumpy little Reich.

West Germany had the "Bundesbahn." And now the whole country has that system.

King_Arthur likes this.
  17. Michel Van Well-Known Member

It's little complicated the East germans not only used name "Deutsche Reichsbahn" it was the Real thing what survived the WW2
    next to that, with title hat east Germany right to use west German Train infrastructure for the long-haul railway service across the two germanys and the S-Bahn local train service in West Berlin
    the Western Allies pull the license in begin 1950s for the long-haul railway service across the two germanys after Berlin blockade.

18. Ice34 Well-Known Member

Look, I think everyone's getting really caught up in the whole "will he do things he did in Germany in the US?!?!" train. Short answer: No.
    Completely different situation. Completely different country. The vast majority of things he did as fuhrer in Germany he can't do in the US because the presidency is a fundamentally different position. He will do different things. US!Hitler's focus seems to be more on expanding the American frontier to spread the American Race. Look for action in Mexico, Canada, and the Far East. Look at the ideals of Pax Americana. Look at War Plan Red or Red-Orange. Because the president is primarily the Head of State. His job is primarily about foreign policy. Not domestic policy.

19. IntellectuallyHonestRhino Well-Known Member

Oh his domestic policies will change things for sure, and so will his foreign policy. They'll complement each other.

But how? And will it be a direct or indirect connection?

Will he be confrontational? Diplomatic? Will he be direct or deceiving? Will he be best remembered as the wise man of the nation or a great fighter? The half-ignorant catalyst of horrible days to come or Satan's chief legion himself?

[​IMG]
    (Senator Hitler posing inside the Congressional Library, 1927.)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  20. Aloha I would like to make sweet love with you

Really torn on this and Our Struggle for my nomination in the Turtledove Awards.