The Iron Eagle: An Adolf Hitler Presidency

Discussion in 'Alternate History Discussion: After 1900' started by IntellectuallyHonestRhino, Mar 6, 2018.

?

Is this TL Good so far?

1. Yes!

92.3%
  2. No

10.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SkylineDreamer Likes History, and Alt-History

Or maybe:

"No,no Patton with the 3rd Army will attack and break through the encirclement."

General Eisenhower: "Mr. President, General Patton could not launch his attack because he is also encircled. Patton and the Third Army are encircled in that beach."

Hitler: " The following people will stay: Eisenhower, Long and Truman. "

"How the HELL does my finest general TRAP in that BEACH?!?!?"

Ahh.. Dunkirk

2. Aloha Well-Known Member

One of my favourite movies. Bruno was amazing in his role as President Hitler.

Curse those 45 people on the poll.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  3. King_Arthur The Once and Present King

Personally, I prefer Tom Hanks as Hauptmann Adolf Eichmann in Saving Soldat Mueller if we are looking at films of the World War 2 era but Bruno was great too.

4. Bookmark1995 Bookmark95 Reborn!

Remember, Hitler has been born into a far different political culture then Austria-Hungary and Germany.

While he might be very authoritarian, the political culture he lives in will prevent him from behaving like a complete madman.

While he might be very temperamental, I can picture him being more subtle in manipulation. Instead, he might have his own version of the Johnson treatment, in which he uses words and his physical present to cajole and manipulate people into doing what he wants.

5. President Earl Warren Well-Known Member

Or he could try to construct a massive grassroots movment based on him personally to vote anyone who even slightly pissed him off.

6. Bookmark1995 Bookmark95 Reborn!

That is an idea, but even among his allies, he can't just bully them by being a pure bastard.

7. IntellectuallyHonestRhino Well-Known Member

Bit facetious calling him German-American as he will always call himself Swiss-American privately but he was born right on the border for a reason, and that reason is why he ends up living in America.

8. IntellectuallyHonestRhino Well-Known Member

Some will ITTL, and not to their benefit.

9. IntellectuallyHonestRhino Well-Known Member

Mike Pence and Peter Thiel were political allies, so politics and especially when occurring to foreign policy, strange bed fellows emerge.

Besides, you can't exactly say no to a meeting with your lender ;).

10. HonestAbe1809 Abraham Lincoln 2020

I just thought of something amazing. If America and Germany fight on the same side in the coming WWII then we could see General Patton fighting alongside Rommel.

Maybe even having Rommel become a future leader of Germany.

11. Kennedy4Ever Well-Known Member

When are we getting the next update? I can hardly wait!

12. Ironshark Well-Known Member

Just want to say

The photos are my by favorite part of this timeline

Once my mom and dad saw me looking the pic of hitter in the DNC and asked me who he was

And that’s how I ended up recapping iron eagle hittlers Biography to a bunch of confused old people

13. IntellectuallyHonestRhino Well-Known Member

Must have been an interesting experience for both parties.

14. Ironshark Well-Known Member

explaning the context of him being at the dnc was easy but explaning how he was different is the hard part
    ‘Oh hittler born in America become president ‘

That was easy

‘No he doesn’t kill off the blacks like the Jews he’s just really unfair and he’s not actually presi-because the title of the story is an Adolf hittler presidency no I don’t think the author would lie about the main premise He’s really more of an more economic racist no hating Jews was a thing in America too mom’
    That was hard But I think they got the gist eventually

15. IntellectuallyHonestRhino Well-Known Member

Amazing movie, amazing director, amazing actor. There's a reason it was selected as "best movie of the decade" by 2010.

Kelsey Grammar’s performance as Woodrow Wilson and Morgan's Freeman's as Medgar Evers were so beautifully done. So glad they also won Oscars for their part of the film. Grammar’s role was especially short but his powerful line at his deathbed with Bruno as Senator Hitler brought tears to my eyes.

Larry's David's performance as Louis B Mayer was also amazing. Shame it didn't get an Oscar, but at least it was nominated.

I also think Mel Gibson did an amazing job playing Joseph Kennedy.

And of course, Bryan Cranston was amazing as William Gibbs McAdoo. So glad he won an Oscar.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  16. Ironshark Well-Known Member

Mel Gibson as joepseh Kennedy ?

..creative choice

17. Threadmarks: 1920's Japan Wikiboxes

IntellectuallyHonestRhino Well-Known Member

Here are the Japan wikiboxes made by wikibox god @Roberto El Rey! Once again to Roberto, thank you very much! :extremelyhappy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Dan Yampton Well-Known Member

image.png Fan stuff.

Hitler shakes hands with local troops, to raise motivation.

19. Ironshark Well-Known Member

I forgot but is there a reason President hittler wears a military uniform all the time ?

King_Arthur likes this.
  20. akoslows Well-Known Member

Perhaps it is meant to make Hitler look like a strong leader in the eyes of the public in America and elsewhere?

Aloha, Rui, panpiotr and 3 others like this.