The Iron Eagle: An Adolf Hitler Presidency

Is this TL Good so far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@IntellectuallyHonestRhino I really love this TL and it has inspired me (along with a few others) to go ahead with writing a TL of my own (maybe, maybe not). I've asked this to another TLer (The Red) and I really hope that I'm not interrupting anything but what do you think would be some good advice on how to write a good TL?

Last edited:
Well yes I took that, in these organizations he influences, will it revolve around his sort of "democratic cult" of personality?

To a good extent yes, but remember that the U.S. is not the same as Latin America and he has to be careful not to be seen as too dictatorial like. There will be a struggle with how much he wishes to get done and the parameters set up by American democracy. How he deals with this … stay tuned! :)

To a good extent yes, but remember that the U.S. is not the same as Latin America and he has to be careful not to be seen as too dictatorial like. There will be a struggle with how much he wishes to get done and the parameters set up by American democracy. How he deals with this … stay tuned! :)
I feel like he will push for egoistic public work projects.

@IntellectuallyHonestRhino I really love this TL and it has inspired me (along with a few others) to go ahead with writing a TL of my own (possibly). I've asked this to another TLer (The Red) and I really hope that I'm not interrupting anything but what do you think would be some good advice on how to write a good TL?

First of all, thank you so much. The fact that my timeline has inspired you to write your own timeline is the biggest compliment I can think of. I truly thank you. :)

Here's the advice I'd give:

1) Write about an era you know about and are interested in. Do play to your strengths. It will show well in your TL. I don't know much about the medieval or classical period in Europe or Chinese history for example, so if I were to write a TL about those eras and locations, my

2) Don't be afraid to research! Everyone does it and it really helps. It'll make sure you have all the finer points.

3) Do it for fun! Don't just do a TL that you think others will enjoy but do a TL you know you will enjoy writing. Joy is a contagious emotion; it will spread through. People love engaging TL's, and the most engaging TL's are ones written by those having fun while writing it: cannot be a chore.

Those are the three most important pieces for a good TL imo. Hope this helps, and good luck to you and your TL writing adventure! :)

No problem! Glad I made you feel happy! :)

And thank you very much!

By the way, my TL will be about Hitler too. He will grow up in Russia (still born in Austria) and become dictator there.
I should note that I've had this idea for a very long time, but I only really got around to actually thinking of writing it upon seeing similar ideas posted (encourages me). Don't worry, not going to copy you completely. :)

I'm really nervous, though. Also college eats up a lot of time. I'll try and think about when to do it. I don't want to rush straight in.
Will this Russian Hitler join the Whites or the Reds during the Civil War? I ask this because I am curious as to the impact that a Russian Hitler will have on Russian history.

Last edited:
https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...nominations-and-seconds.460871/#post-18341354

Guys talked to SargentHawk and he said that yes it fits in to the early 20th century chategory. I’ve posted the link (it’s already been nominated so it just needs to have someone second it). The place where is was nominated and seconded was in the food war section. Link’s above (sends you to the early 20th century Cold War section). And thank you so much for all the love you have all shown Iron Eagle! :)

No problem! Glad I made you feel happy! :)

And thank you very much!

By the way, my TL will be about Hitler too. He will grow up in Russia (still born in Austria) and become dictator there.
I should note that I've had this idea for a very long time, but I only really got around to actually thinking of writing it upon seeing similar ideas posted (encourages me). Don't worry, not going to copy you completely. :)

I'm really nervous, though. Also college eats up a lot of time. I'll try and think about when to do it. I don't want to rush straight in.
A Russian Hitler, interesting.

If the two men would meet I don’t know if Hitler would like or hate the strong-willed young Texan. I do like the idea of this Adolph being charmed by LBJ’s blunt way of speaking, though.

LBJ’s the younger one, so let’s just say that if anyone’s the protege it ain’t the mustached man of Austrian descent.

Hints, hints ;).

Last edited:
2484cab34104200188cb08849c6ff92b--hitler-life-rare-photos.jpg

(President Hitler meets with Ambassador Speer of Germany discussing economic and security matters, 19XX.)

Status
Not open for further replies.