The HEART Development and Core Thread

Texas turned out to be difficult, I tried to fit maps, but it hard to get (that's why without divisions)
anyway, it should be checked
TEXAS(NEEDCHECK).png

Texas should definitely show more rivers such as the Pecos, Colorado and Sabine rivers as well as a tonne more of inland lakes should be shown
it was really difficult to fit any Texas map into this projection, so I couldn't draw any division or rivers/lakes

it was really difficult to fit any Texas map into this projection, so I couldn't draw any division or rivers/lakes
Here, try using this quick convert for reference, you should also be able to spot the rivers in the Blue Marble using this as overlay, use it as refernce though not as source :)

G-Projector can only convert full world maps in a known projection so it won't help you convert maps like these, you would need to draw it by hand using the reference layer
Sorry if it's a stupid question but what / where is the reference layer? I can't really wrap my head around how you use maps in a totally different projection as a source without a major amount of guesswork and eyeballing. I must be missing something because I tried doing it that way but it seems way more difficult/ time consuming than your post schedule implies. I think some screenshots of how you're doing this might be helpful for me.

Last edited:
Patch #14

Finally got started on the Visegrad group, I wasnt able to do the second level divisions for Czechia but I did them for Poland

Added Czechia
Added Poland
Added Wistula river
Added Bug river
Extended the Danube

1701206604075.png

That's all for now

Florida (USA)
Alabama (USA)
Texas - unfinished (USA)
New Mexico (MEX)
Tamaulipas (MEX)
Pinar Del Rio (CUB)
Mayabeque (CUB)
Matanzas (CUB)
Havana (CUB)

Islands are not updated***

TRANSPARENT_NA.png

Last edited:
Blue Poland sure is interesting to see.
Thats funny, I have always really used blue for Poland as its quite common here but now that you mention I don't think I have ever seen any maps on here use it, for HEART I am mainly using my own scheme but of course everyone is free to colour the map however they would like :)

Maybe blue poland could catch on with time like green Italy did tho haha

Fair point but we can't just exclude the entire colour of blue on a map either lol, regardless these are just the colours I use, feel free to change them on your own maps :)

Patch #15

I don't really want to do the second level subdivisions of eastern europe, I can't really find sources that I think are accurate for them and unless the case for Poland I am not sure they would be immediatly helpful to any map makes, someone who is more qualified than me can do them or I can return to them at a later stage

Added Slovakia
Added Hungary
Added European Turkey
Added Tisa river
Finished the Danube

1701257418833.png

Last edited:
Patch for now (should I number them or it's unnecessary?):

Arizona (USA)
Mississippi (USA)
Louisiana (USA)

Islands are not updated*** (and wouldn't be for some time ig)

TRANSPARENT_NA.png

Its unneccary to number them, I just do it for fun to see how many patches I have contributed by the time its finished

Is your plan currently to finish the US or to finish Mexico first? Louisiana must've been hard

Last edited:
Is your plan currently to finish the US or to finish Mexico first? Louisiana must've been hard
I'm doing states spontaneously, for example, I finished Baja California for no reason, tho I was planning to do middle states of Mexico :/
I think I will finish Mexico first because 27zipski will do upper states of US and I'll just help him with lower states

That looks so painful, especially since its all squares and the offset is so small, if you know the projection of your source map here maybe that would help?