The HEART Development and Core Thread

3F9DA750-B656-40C4-9454-6EC1C1A347D8.png

Islands update
Unfortunately I couldn't do the second lvl divisions

I guess I don't really understand how G-projector works. Most maps on wikipedia don't give the corner coordinates or even the projection. How would I for example import the below image and map it to robinson:

View attachment 871943
G-Projector can only convert full world maps in a known projection so it won't help you convert maps like these, you would need to draw it by hand using the reference layer

View attachment 871948
Islands update
Unfortunately I couldn't do the second lvl divisions
This looks very good, however I do still think you should redo the coastlines of the lesser antilles, also I have patched the area around Guantanamo bay for you, because it didnt show on your map, using a red border to show the fact is is disputed
1701158698743.png

Last edited:
G-Projector can only convert full world maps in a known projection so it won't help you convert maps like these, you would need to draw it by hand using the reference layer

This looks very good, however I do still think you should redo the coastlines of the lesser antilles, also I have patched the area around Guantanamo bay for you, because it didnt show on your map, using a red border to show the fact is is disputed
View attachment 872027
Puerto Rico needs triple check I think

I want to contribute to the project, where can I find the overlays you guys use to make the maps?
In one of the first posts, they are linked.
Hello everyone, second day of the HEART project today and I wanted to share the process that makes HEART possible.

As I told before this map is made possible by NASA's 2004 BM projection, using G-Projector, another tool provided by NASA you can easily convert any equirecangular projection into Robinson and shift its meridian 11 degrees eastwards, this is what I have done to the BM, G-projector allows you to export a grid and borders and rivers on top of this adding a good framework for everything except subdivisions and minor rivers.

The result is this template which really means 90% of this project is just drawing the map now:
kS6zeYLybryv.png

I am hoping this can be a collab project similar to the BAMs and honestly it would be an inhumane task for me to draw all of it, so I am adding my source files (the converted projections) here as a link for other people to help out iof they want :D

DOWNLOAD HEART .PDN

also I need this, but including full Mexico
Is it not in the current PDN file?, This image is a reprojection of the 8k-BAM which I am assuming for this project is accurate, if you know how to use G-Projector you can recreate it yourself, if not I will post my version of it

Last edited:
Is it not in the current PDN file?, This image is a reprojection of the 8k-BAM which I am assuming for this project is accurate, if you know how to use G-Projector you can recreate it yourself, if not I will post my version of it
I couldn't open that PDN file, so I convert just satellite map into PNG

Interesting error, do you want my help in fixing it or will you be good? Send me a DM if you require help

I have included the full 8k-BAM converted into HEARTs robinson projection for you here: https://pasteboard.co/ACwbIojsB9CG.png
Again I am assuming 8K-BAM to be accurate and up-to-date, I don't know it to be, so only use it as a reference not as a source

I really still think you should redo the lesser antilles, Isla de Desecheo is missing as well as probably some others, the rest looks great

Especially Yucatan is gonna yield some fine maps of the Mayan Star Wars in the future :p