The Greek exodus of 1453

• Thread starter Deleted member 143920
  • Start date

Deleted member 143920

What if after Constantinople fell to the Ottomans in 1453, the Greek population of Anatolia was so horrified and disgusted that they lost what was arguably the most important city at that time and scared of what might happen next that they left Anatolia? How much of the Greek population would leave and would they leave for Greece and Italy or some other place and how would this impact world history?

Here is the link to the 'Greeks in Turkey' wikipedia page

What if after Constantinople fell to the Ottomans in 1453, the Greek population of Anatolia was so horrified and disgusted that they lost what was arguably the most important city at that time and scared of what might happen next that they left Anatolia? How much of the Greek population would leave and would they leave for Greece and Italy or some other place and how would this impact world history?

The greeks in anatolia had been under the ottomans for a hundred years before the fall of the city ,the city falling changes nothing about their situation

I mean, they were already under Turkish rule. Some of them for a centuries. Constantinople falling, unless combined with some grand crime against them for which there was no real reason, didn't really mean that much for them.

I took OTL poisoned chalice of nationalism and ethic cleashing to leave, so i doub it at all, if not they would have leave much before