The Greatest Showman: The History of the Disney Company (What if everything for Walt and his company went right).

Renaming Song of the South to Br'er Rabbit's Adventures is a great idea, and really shows how much people remember the cartoon characters as opposed to Uncle Remus.

I wonder which shorts from both Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros made it into the TTL merged project...

Featuring Daisy Duck in a lot of Donald's wartime cartoons was not what I expected, and yet it seems morally justified.

Finally, will Br'er Rabbit's Adventures still spawn a series of theatrical shorts? Also, with all this praise going to Walt, Ub, and Wolfgang, it just makes me curious as to how Mr. Lantz is holding up in this specific branch of the economy.

Renaming Song of the South to Br'er Rabbit's Adventures is a great idea, and really shows how much people remember the cartoon characters as opposed to Uncle Remus.

I wonder which shorts from both Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros made it into the TTL merged project...

Featuring Daisy Duck in a lot of Donald's wartime cartoons was not what I expected, and yet it seems morally justified.

Finally, will Br'er Rabbit's Adventures still spawn a series of theatrical shorts? Also, with all this praise going to Walt, Ub, and Wolfgang, it just makes me curious as to how Mr. Lantz is holding up in this specific branch of the economy.
Donald is American solider character in propaganda showing the men how to be the best they can be to win the war so in turn Daisy duck is the house wife. going to work in factories; giving women a role in propaganda too, showing the good they can do. Being fair to both.

Br'er Rabbit's Adventures will return. On TV and In film. Tv first though.

From Saludos Amigos would get all its shorts into the film.

The Three Caballeros section would feature: The Flying Gauchito, Mexico: Pátzcuaro, Veracruz and Acapulco, You Belong to My Heart and Donald's Surreal Reverie.

Id say Mr Lantz like everyone else is struggling though since Disney has gone Universal. there likely shacked up with RKO like Disney was. I suspect Woody Woodpecker is doing better then OTL due to the increased popularity of Disney's animal characters like Pluto, Oswald and Donald.

Any thaughts? we are moveing in to the end of the war and the production of the lesser known movies such as Make Mine Music and the others you suggested became films

Donald is American solider character in propaganda showing the men how to be the best they can be to win the war so in turn Daisy duck is the house wife. going to work in factories; giving women a role in propaganda too, showing the good they can do. Being fair to both.

Br'er Rabbit's Adventures will return. On TV and In film. Tv first though.

From Saludos Amigos would get all its shorts into the film.
The Three Caballeros section would feature: The Flying Gauchito, Mexico: Pátzcuaro, Veracruz and Acapulco, You Belong to My Heart and Donald's Surreal Reverie.

Id say Mr Lantz like everyone else is struggling though since Disney has gone Universal. there likely shacked up with RKO like Disney was. I suspect Woody Woodpecker is doing better then OTL due to the increased popularity of Disney's animal characters like Pluto, Oswald and Donald.

Any thoughts? we are moving in to the end of the war and the production of the lesser known movies such as Make Mine Music and the others you suggested became films
That sounds like a reasonable improvement over the OTL representation to me.

Understandable. Have a nice day.

I feel like the fat in "The Three Caballeros" has been properly trimmed down. As such, it's a more enjoyable experience than watching two separate movies.

So, Walter Lantz moved to RKO after seeing how unnecessary he was to Universal once Disney got to see the better side of the studio? And Woody Woodpecker has more popularity because of his rivals? Sweet!
On the other hand, I feel like the Aracuan Bird is butterflied away for sure with Woody being more popular and Disney cutting some of the Caballeros segments.

Well, I do have a few more show ideas...

The Fantasyland Hour: Despite its name, this hour-long show really consists of two semi-similar adaptations of Disney animated movies. One of them is Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, which basically combines elements of the 1951 movie, the 1992 TV series, and even content from the cutting room floor. In particular, most of the classic characters remain the same, if not all of them, while the Griffin, Jabberwocky, and Mock Turtle make their debuts in this series. The other series in this package is called Peter Pan's Never Land Escapades, which has Peter Pan and Tinker Bell interact with the denizens of Never Land both good and evil. Also, because you can never go back to Never Land if you return home, the Darling children don't make appearances at all in the show, and are only mentioned in a past tense of sorts.

DuckTales: This is an earlier version of the 1987 classic, only with certain changes. The most notable of which is that Donald, Daisy, Jose, and Panchito appear quite often, with Daisy being the only one of those who isn't a protagonist alongside Uncle Scrooge and the nephews.

That sounds like a reasonable improvement over the OTL representation to me.

Understandable. Have a nice day.

I feel like the fat in "The Three Caballeros" has been properly trimmed down. As such, it's a more enjoyable experience than watching two separate movies.

So, Walter Lantz moved to RKO after seeing how unnecessary he was to Universal once Disney got to see the better side of the studio? And Woody Woodpecker has more popularity because of his rivals? Sweet!
On the other hand, I feel like the Aracuan Bird is butterflied away for sure with Woody being more popular and Disney cutting some of the Caballeros segments.

Well, I do have a few more show ideas...

The Fantasyland Hour: Despite its name, this hour-long show really consists of two semi-similar adaptations of Disney animated movies. One of them is Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, which basically combines elements of the 1951 movie, the 1992 TV series, and even content from the cutting room floor. In particular, most of the classic characters remain the same, if not all of them, while the Griffin, Jabberwocky, and Mock Turtle make their debuts in this series. The other series in this package is called Peter Pan's Never Land Escapades, which has Peter Pan and Tinker Bell interact with the denizens of Never Land both good and evil. Also, because you can never go back to Never Land if you return home, the Darling children don't make appearances at all in the show, and are only mentioned in a past tense of sorts.

DuckTales: This is an earlier version of the 1987 classic, only with certain changes. The most notable of which is that Donald, Daisy, Jose, and Panchito appear quite often, with Daisy being the only one of those who isn't a protagonist alongside Uncle Scrooge and the nephews.
Woody Woodpecker being more popular may save him from movies like he got in 2017. Need to establish respect earlier on for these well known characters so there not abused later on down the line. Take scooby doo for example. Started out with films that seemed to care then went downhill fast.

An earlier duck tales sounds sounds like a great idea can even spin that of into other shows featuring micky and the others. Create a animated tv universe akin to the comic verse. And more Daisy duck never hurts. OTL I cant remember seeing much of Daisy growing up so having more prominent female characters early on is a great idea. The Fantasyland Hour is also a good idea, could change up the adaptations as well every couple years to keep it fresh. A lot of those films could of done well as tv shows (like peter pan) instead of getting sequels. Also need a figure to replace James basset if you have one considering he sadly died in the 1940s.

Woody Woodpecker being more popular may save him from movies like he got in 2017. Need to establish respect earlier on for these well known characters so there not abused later on down the line. Take scooby doo for example. Started out with films that seemed to care then went downhill fast.

An earlier duck tales sounds sounds like a great idea can even spin that of into other shows featuring mickey and the others. Create a animated tv universe akin to the comic verse. And more Daisy duck never hurts. OTL I cant remember seeing much of Daisy growing up so having more prominent female characters early on is a great idea. The Fantasyland Hour is also a good idea, could change up the adaptations as well every couple years to keep it fresh. A lot of those films could of done well as tv shows (like peter pan) instead of getting sequels. Also need a figure to replace James basset if you have one considering he sadly died in the 1940s.
Of course! It makes perfect sense.

Thanks for your appreciation of my earlier DuckTales concept.

Considering how many of Walt's creations are adaptations, especially ITTL, I suppose keeping it fresh is something that must happen.

I think this could work for the first replacement on The Fantasyland Hour:
Just saying.

Also, might I recommend casting Robert Guillaume as James Baskett's successor?
Yes, he is feasibly old enough to be casted in a Disney production in Uncle Walt's era of the studio.

Of course! It makes perfect sense.

Thanks for your appreciation of my earlier DuckTales concept.

Considering how many of Walt's creations are adaptations, especially ITTL, I suppose keeping it fresh is something that must happen.

I think this could work for the first replacement on The Fantasyland Hour:
Just saying.

Also, might I recommend casting Robert Guillaume as James Baskett's successor?
Yes, he is feasibly old enough to be casted in a Disney production in Uncle Walt's era of the studio.
I think Guillaume is a great idea. Could easily have him play someone related to Baskets character so we preserve his performance and don't have everyone comparing him to Basket. . Cinderella Stories could work so could Jungle book considering there was more from the book they could use plus there's the second book. The same with Mary Poppins too, only the first book was used. I will always green light more Donald things, Donald is the best

As of now, Bambi is not in my planning document so it currently does not exist. If anyone has a deep desire for Bambi to exist. I can replace another film for it. That film would be penguin island.
Honestly, if not for the death sequence, barely anyone would remember that movie. It's like how people remember Steve Urkel before remembering Family Matters, much less Perfect Strangers.

So, yeah, I think something else should replace Bambi. And even then, with three heads of the company working together, it has lead to more movies thus far in the Canon compared to OTL.

Honestly, if not for the death sequence, barely anyone would remember that movie. It's like how people remember Steve Urkel before remembering Family Matters, much less Perfect Strangers.

So, yeah, I think something else should replace Bambi. And even then, with three heads of the company working together, it has lead to more movies thus far in the Canon compared to OTL.
That is one of the main resson I made the choice as an explanation for more films being made. Walt not overstressing himself with everything may also make him healthier. Also wanted to highlight the others. We are nearing the 50s so stuff will ramp up soon. Dont remember Bambi much myself so I will replace it with another animated film. Maybe since there buddy with universal, an animated monster movie.
Maybe something like The Snow Queen?

Ooh...you think Walt would wanna do a Lovecraft adaptation?
Snow queen, love craft adaptation, animated monster movie. Anything is possible, open to any and all suggestions. Kickstart the adult brand as well alongside treasure island.

Snow queen, love craft adaptation, animated monster movie. Anything is possible, open to any and all suggestions. Kickstart the adult brand as well alongside treasure island.
I honestly wanna see Walt do an adaptation of Carmilla, buuuut considering the whole "lesbin vampire" thing, that maaaay court quite a bit of controversy.

I honestly wanna see Walt do an adaptation of Carmilla, buuuut considering the whole "lesbin vampire" thing, that maaaay court quite a bit of controversy.
Well considering Walt had already caused a bit of controversy anything is possible. Plus Historically Lesbians where less frowned upon. Also according to wiki (a quick glance). The novella notably never acknowledges homosexuality as an antagonistic trait, leaving it subtle and relatively unmentioned, so walt could easily just ignore that. So this story being adapted is far more likely then not. Maybe later in the 70s though though it could be a way to bring Judy Garland into Disney. You may have just solved a problem

That is one of the main reason I made the choice as an explanation for more films being made. Walt not overstressing himself with everything may also make him healthier. Also wanted to highlight the others. We are nearing the 50s so stuff will ramp up soon. Don't remember Bambi much myself so I will replace it with another animated film. Maybe since there buddy with universal, an animated monster movie.

An animated monster movie would be great. But why trample on Universal's established monsters when a self-depreciating parodical documentary on Charles Mintz would work just fine as a Disney film on that regard?

Now that I think about it, I feel like Bambi could work as a television movie for Walt's anthology series. Not good enough for theaters, yet still appealing audiences around the world.

An animated monster movie would be great. But why trample on Universal's established monsters when a self-depreciating parodical documentary on Charles Mintz would work just fine as a Disney film on that regard?

Now that I think about it, I feel like Bambi could work as a television movie for Walt's anthology series. Not good enough for theaters, yet still appealing audiences around the world.
Again Bambi is two books so walt could very easily adapt stories from both into the anthology series. Give the books more room to breath. A movie about a struggling artist under attack by a demonic ghost of a former business man. Something along that lines. Think Mintz is gonna be hated quite alot in this timeline.

Again Bambi is two books so Walt could very easily adapt stories from both into the anthology series. Give the books more room to breath.
Of course! Thanks for appreciating this.
A movie about a struggling artist under attack by a demonic ghost of a former business man. Something along that lines. Think Mintz is gonna be hated quite a lot in this timeline.
Yes. That could work for exactly what I was pitching.