The Great Turk returns - Alternate resurging Ottomans (1747-1947)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't know anything about Colombia...or Latin America in that matter, both the mexican own monarch were kicked out, the same with the proposed brazilian one, Take a goverment based on conservative landownwers and latifuandia to avoid civil wars in colombia(and political violence is still a cancer here,even without FARC now)

As say before few people like monarchist, not even in mexico were proposed a carlist, were the awful fernindand VII or an Austria(Austria is the spanish version of Habsburg surname)
I dont think the brasil plan can work for the would continent but I think that mexico with the yanks at its north cant aford a century of civil war between liberals and conservatives. They need one of them to win fast and start arming and settling the north, meanwhile I would like to see Gran Colombia doing their own thing with Bolivar. We dont need to be one giant country we just need to keep the territories of the old viceroyalties together and avoid imploding in 20 countries.

You don't know anything about Colombia...or Latin America in that matter, both the mexican own monarch were kicked out, the same with the proposed brazilian one, Take a goverment based on conservative landownwers and latifuandia to avoid civil wars in colombia(and political violence is still a cancer here,even without FARC now)

As say before few people like monarchist, not even in mexico were proposed a carlist, were the awful fernindand VII or an Austria(Austria is the spanish version of Habsburg surname)
Remember that what ended spanish rule in Mexico wasnt popular revolution, but the distaste of the mexican elite of the new liberal government in Spain.

I dont think the brasil plan can work for the would continent but I think that mexico with the yanks at its north cant aford a century of civil war between liberals and conservatives. They need one of them to win fast and start arming and settling the north, meanwhile I would like to see Gran Colombia doing their own thing with Bolivar. We dont need to be one giant country we just need to keep the territories of the old viceroyalties together and avoid imploding in 20 countries.
In a loosely united latin amercia ie they all work togather would they still want the Panama canal to exist or not?

Im not talking about monarchism i mean the people carlists in spain and ideology beliefs.
I think Spanish never got to push a republic as was too french for them or too much division, a republic would have saved them a lot of headaches of the Carlist war and the hate of Borbouns in XIXth century too.

Remember that what ended spanish rule in Mexico wasnt popular revolution, but the distaste of the mexican elite of the new liberal government in Spain.
The Irony as Fernindand VII just payed lipservice to those guys, but again a mexico under FVII or isabella would be even worse defeated against the USA.

In a loosely united latin amercia ie they all work togather would they still want the Panama canal to exist or not?
Of course would exist, the idea of good going from peru directly to the carribean and europe without the long trip to brazil and viceversa would worth it massively(ditto for colombia for both pacific and carribean coast)

Its hard because the elitescof the big capitals of Hispanoamerica are awful and would rater see the country croumble then sede a minimal amount of power. USA started relativly small and highly connected and expanded from then one. Every latin american country is more connected to some foreing great power than to its neighbors.

Its hard because the elitescof the big capitals of Hispanoamerica are awful and would rater see the country croumble then sede a minimal amount of power. USA started relativly small and highly connected and expanded from then one. Every latin american country is more connected to some foreing great power than to its neighbors.
So we need to shoot the elites of latin america to save latin america?

Which of vice royalities had the best chance to survive?

Im really hoping in this TL USA doesn't expand or gets defeated as it railroads the tl in which usa will become a superpower and who ever has them wins. Really annoys me as there so little can be done to stop op america now. Hopefully latin america gets it shit togather and sees usa as the enemy. I was hoping for the spanish monarchy to flee to mexico build it up to be able to contain the usa.

I can't stop their expansion. But how, where and how much is yet to be seen...

A hispano america with fewer as posible small countries is my dream. Strong Mexico, strong Perú, strong Argentina. Tough I could love a strong an industrialized Paraguay under the Beloved General Solano Lopez.

A developed Latin America as an alliance is something I really like. But I want to learn the possibilities first...

Dont worry, we are just brainstorming here, not every idea is serious proposal. You are the storyteller, take whatever you found useful and fun and let go of what doesnt work with the story.

I like the idea. Not that I'm changing my TL for your demands or so. But I want to know the possibilities of it. Like, why did it not work out, can it be in combination with what I plan. These kinda things.

I like the idea. Not that I'm changing my TL for your demands or so. But I want to know the possibilities of it. Like, why did it not work out, can it be in combination with what I plan. These kinda things.

I'm so glad to hear you say that. I've been lurking for a couple dozen pages now and seeing how much you let other people influence the direction of the TL has always bothered me a fair bit, ever since the surprise poll on Australia that only some people saw in a spinoff thread that never got linked here. You should commit to writing out your vision for the world.

I'm so glad to hear you say that. I've been lurking for a couple dozen pages now and seeing how much you let other people influence the direction of the TL has always bothered me a fair bit, ever since the surprise poll on Australia that only some people saw in a spinoff thread that never got linked here. You should commit to writing out your vision for the world.

The only reason I make polls is because I have not decided on some matters. I really considered Ottoman or Spanish ruled Australia but decided my followers can decide on this matter. Not that I wanted something but I did not know about my decision yet. Same with South Africa. I have ideas and I present them. If I really want something I will write it.

There were suggestions that the Crimea should be annexed, Qajars should rule Persia etc... I refused to heed those suggestions as I already something planned for them.

The english wikipedia article on the Inca Plan is surprisingly complete. Whta calls my attention is that in TTL some of your changes have affected some fundamental thing about the plan: in otl one the two candidates of this posible throne, Juan Bautista Tupac Amaru Monjarras (brother of Tupac Amaru II), at the time of the proposal in 1816 was being held in a Spanish prison in Ceuta. Of course, the rest of the family was kill by the Spanish after the failure of Tupac Amaru II revolt, and his brother had been in Ceuta since 1783 in otl, and I don´t remember in wicht year Morocco took it in ttl. Assuming it was after maybe the moroccans just let him go. If it was before he probably is in another prison outside Spanish America. Whats is also interesting about this proposal its that todays sound outlandish but in its time had alot of suport and power behind it: in the Congress of Tucuman this proposal was approved by a simple majority (but failed to win the necessary 2/3 majority thanks to Buenos Aires opposition), it was overwhelmingly supported by the alto peruvian (modern Bolivia) representatives (at the time Alto Peru was part of VR of La Plata thanks to the bourbons but under loyalist control), and also by the representatives of the northern and western provinces of Argentina (all the eastern ones but Buenos Aires were under control of Artigas who had already proclamed independence the year before, and demanded to have the capital be "anywhere but Buenos Aires"), and By San Martín (at the time preparing the liberation of Chile as gobernor of Cuyo) and Martin Miguel de Güemes (Caudillo of Salta and defender of the frontier against the loyalist), so basically the biggest oposition was Buenos Aires but their objection was only centered on the point of moving the capital from Buenos Aires to Cusco. The monarchy was supposed to be strictly constitutional, and the candidate to the crown was really old anyway (Juan Bautista was liberated in 1823 and moved from Ceuta to Buenos Aires, and died in 1827), so the big point was including the indigenous peruvian nobles and peasant communities into the political order and moving the capital far away from Buenos Aires (wicht basically everyone wanted but Buenos Aires).
EDIT: some maps
argentina1816[1].jpg

Mapa_de_argentina_en_1816.svg

Also nice map of Mexico:
viceroyalty_of_new_spain_1800_without_philippines.png

And Hispanoamerica:
mapa_de_la_amc3a9rica_espac3b1ola_1800.png

Buenos Aires but their objection was only centered on the point of moving the capital from Buenos Aires to Cusco. The monarchy was supposed to be strictly constitutional, and the candidate to the crown was really old anyway (Juan Bautista was liberated in 1823 and moved from Ceuta to Buenos Aires, and died in 1827), so the big point was including the indigenous peruvian nobles and peasant communities into the political order and moving the capital far away from Buenos Aires (wicht basically everyone wanted but Buenos Aires).
You could say the white elite of buenos aires ruinned the chance for an unify South Cone..what a waste(at least bolivar fought for unity and abolition till his bitter death)

You could say the white elite of buenos aires ruinned the chance for an unify South Cone..what a waste(at least bolivar fought for unity and abolition till his bitter death)
When they heared the point of moving the capital they started calling the the Inca candidate the "King of the house of the chocolates" and saying that "if crowned they would have to search for him in a tavern". Maybe the Congress of Tucuman could try to get Artigas and his League to their side.

Status
Not open for further replies.