Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevertheless, I'd check his homes to make sure he hasn't salted away any priceless African artifacts
Well, every colonial governor brings a piece of Africa/Asia back home with him when their time is over.
Neu Heligoland.
As a matter of fact the name in German would be Neu-Helgoland or Neuhelgoland.
I just wrote that in English just in case anyone doesn't know any German. Besides, nobody else calls New Caledonia 'Nouvelle Caledonie' except the French.
Racial segregation policies under a ln SPD government? Likely undoing the work of his predecessor? Is the Statthalter not beholden to the government in Germany? This does not really fit.
In every colony, there's always a hierarchy with the Europeans at the top. Sure, the Africans can rise up the ranks to become good officers and civil servants but not governors of any province unless they're a tribal chief.

Racial segregation policies under a ln SPD government? Likely undoing the work of his predecessor? Is the Statthalter not beholden to the government in Germany? This does not really fit.
Such policies would be mainstream at the time. The German government would probably think the Africans are lucky they are getting any schools or services, which is likely only because of the success of Letto-Vorbeck's Askari troops

Some form of racial segregation would have to exist at that time, an example of this is the racial segregation that existed in the United States.

The place where the inhabitants of the colonial could raise their position would be the army.

Some form of racial segregation would have to exist at that time, an example of this is the racial segregation that existed in the United States.

The place where the inhabitants of the colonial could raise their position would be the army.
Privileges from the colonial authorities for Askari soldiers... and considering most natives at the time were subsistence farmers in abject poverty, anything is better than nothing

I am really curious to see how Germany is changing the culture of places like Vietnam?

Would Vietnamese people come to enjoy things like sausage and beer? Would Malagasy people develop their own Oktoberfests?

Would Vietnamese people come to enjoy things like sausage and beer?
The Vietnamese will Be confused at first
The French divide and rule principe is replace by Germans bureaucracy and language
Follow by terminated the french Catholicism conversion efforts by Protestant Germans
and Radical cleanup by Germany Military and colonial Police forces on abuses by French including expulsion of Colonial French !

But it will not perfect for Vietnamese
First they have learn now understands German
Next to that will be German authorities not very kind to locals, but it will be better what the french dit.

I don't know if Vietnamese gona like sausage and beer
but the German will find Vietnamese cuisine tasty !

I am really curious to see how Germany is changing the culture of places like Vietnam?

Would Vietnamese people come to enjoy things like sausage and beer? Would Malagasy people develop their own Oktoberfests?
I think Vietnamese cuisine would be a mixture of local, French, and German ingredients. Imagine a meal which consists of rice, noodles, bread, and pretzels. In terms of drinks, I think the locals would get used to Bavarian beer.

Follow by terminated the french Catholicism conversion efforts by Protestant Germans
You know 1/3rd of the German population is catholic, right? They'll most likely let them continue their missionary work.

and Radical cleanup by Germany Military and colonial Police forces on abuses by French including expulsion of Colonial French !
The Germans would also assure the colonial French that everything would be fine.

ferdi254

Banned
Well there are some nice Keller and Rauch beers coming out of Bavaria even though the local population will be adamant that they are Frankonians...

but the best beer is always a matter of taste so no objective decision can be made

especially considering the fat that no one has tasted all German beers.

Worst beer in the world.
images

Status
Not open for further replies.