The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

Map I made inspired by the TL. Posted with authors permission.

footprint_of_mussolini_divided_germany_1960_by_samuel_von_strasburg_de8hr35-fullview.jpg

So I'm way too late but I have to say that I absolutely love this TL... All in all things are very different, with the horrifying fate of Ljubljana, the Africans of South Africa and many Arabs that died in the agony of nuclear fire.. Yet many countries are better off than OTL, especially in West Africa and Southeast Asia... While many Jewish people were also spared from their horrifying fates... Excellent job @Sorairo

Last edited:
Now, people are trying to argue whether or not the world is better or worse than OTL here, but that's an oversimplification. In my view, the 20th century of FoM is worse than the 20th century of OTL, but the 21st century of FoM is much better than the 21st century of OTL.

In the 20th century of FoM, there was a genocidal Warsaw Pact that made OTL's Warsaw Pact look saintly by comparison. It also had nukes being used rather liberally, and it had Aflaq's madness and the resulting devastation of the Arab world. We also had more of Europe under dictatorial regimes than in OTL. We also had even democratic nations like Japan committing ethnic cleansing. And there was more racism in the South of the USA.

However, by the 21st century, Russia and China are more peaceful and democratic in FoM than OTL. The majority of the world is democratic. The only places that are really questionable are South Africa, Ethiopia, and maybe China depending on just how democratic the KMT is. It also has fewer conflicts. And the Third World is more stable. And the Fascist World has mostly tried to apologize for the bad stuff it did.

Personally, I think whether or not the world of FoM is better all depends on one question:

Do you think all the death and suffering needed to get to TTL's 21st century was worth it? In other words, do the ends justify the means.

Personally, I think whether or not the world of FoM is better all depends on one question:

Do you think all the death and suffering needed to get to TTL's 21st century was worth it? In other words, do the ends justify the means.
That is a question I see posted in alot of no-Nazi, or rather just 'no racist genocidal regimes at all' timelines, and probably for good reason.

Will people truly learn if they don't see the consequences?

Yeah.

That is a question I see posted in alot of no-Nazi, or rather just 'no racist genocidal regimes at all' timelines, and probably for good reason.

In my belief, without World War II, both communism and fascism would still be important ideologies with nations under their control today, the USSR would probably still exist as a sort of mega-North Korea, and anti-semitism would still be widespread. So, with the temporary violence of World War II gone, the world would be worse off in the long run.

Will people truly learn if they don't see the consequences?

Unfortunately, sometimes, the consequences occur and people still don't learn.

As terrible all these things were probably these were needed. Genocides just helped to discredit racism. Communism was discredited over by many things like genocides, attacking peaceful nations with nuclear bombs, enforcing nations joins to them without their will, disastrous Chinese War and idiotic Moon program. Without these communism hardly would had been possible discredit so badly as it is on TFoM universe.

And Israel probably couldn't live very peacefully if Italy wouldn't had nuked shit out of them and basically made quiet same what to Germany was done in TL AANW.

And American troubles might probably just helped make racial relationships better. At least KK is much weaker.

I would like to see the Italian contribution in the Pacific War - like roundels and equipment (like Lend-Lease Wildcats :3 )
BTW, the Italians warships weren't designed to operate outside of the Mediterranean. How would they serve in both Indian and Pacific Oceans?

I assumed it was some sort of reference to the UAR 🤔

Here is what wikpedia says:

The hamsa (Arabic: خمسة‎ khamsah) is a palm-shaped amulet popular throughout the Middle East and in the Maghreb and commonly used in jewelry and wall hangings.[1][2] Depicting the open right hand, an image recognized and used as a sign of protection in many times throughout history, the hamsa is believed by some Jews, to provide defense against the evil eye.