The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

I know you’re not talking to me.

It came off as you trying to start a fight, despite you saying “I didn’t want to start a pointless internet debate.”

Maybe don’t attack people?
It takes a bigger person to admit he made a mistake, I was just so mad. Whilst I stand by my beliefs I apologise if I came off as hostile.

But man, the depiction of South Africa's "triumph" and world attitude with their "Earth, don't give us lip about how we did or do things in our land or we will nuke you without hesitation" thing is IMHO pretty grim-dark. I could almost imagine their nuclear launch code-phrase to be "Draka, Druuchi, Draka-Druuchi. Draka-Draka-Druuchi, Draka-Druuchi."

And for you wondering why a South African nuke code would use fictional names created by a presumably-butterflied author and tabletop gaming company, I will just paraphrase a now-discredited meme about "JoJo part 5" baddie Diavolo's Stand, King/Emperor Crimson: "It just works is."

But man, the depiction of South Africa's "triumph" and world attitude with their "Earth, don't give us lip about how we did or do things in our land or we will nuke you without hesitation" thing is IMHO pretty grim-dark. I could almost imagine their nuclear launch code-phrase to be "Draka, Druuchi, Draka-Druuchi. Draka-Draka-Druuchi, Draka-Druuchi."

And if you've ever read the Turner Diaries, you have an idea of what the madmen would do with nukes if given the chance.

What would happen if Wallace found out about Soviet atrocities before giving Stalin the bomb?
He couldn't have "found out" in any meaningful way. Because how can you realistically define "found out"?
No matter what reports come in, he wouldn't believe them unless he literally saw the atrocities with his own two eyes. Remember how long all the ones cheering for Chavez kept on making excuses for him? Now take that and assume Venezuela had the same level of information control as Stalin's USSR and the Guardian-reading crowd would still insist that everything is just fine and dandy there.

What would happen if Wallace found out about Soviet atrocities before giving Stalin the bomb?

How Wallace would find that out? Soviet were really terrible good to keep such things as Holodomor and Second Holocaust under rug. Do you remember his reaction to nuking of Warsaw? "White House is deeply conserned." Basically he didn't anything and refused to admit that he has been wrong with Stalin. So probably he just would refuse these things and demand more evidence.

Judging from some of the quotes of my question, I guess the obvious answer is Wallace would do nothing at best and dismiss any atrocities as fabrications if he even found out.

If Wallace would had knew about Stalin's atrocities and Second Holocaust and wouldn't had done anything he would be even more unpopular and probably one of most hated presidents in US history. Even James Buchanan wouldn't look so bad as Wallace.

If Wallace would had knew about Stalin's atrocities and Second Holocaust and wouldn't had done anything he would be even more unpopular and probably one of most hated presidents in US history. Even James Buchanan wouldn't look so bad as Wallace.

Not to mention accusations of being antisemitic that I'm surprised didn't really take off in canon.

Last edited: