The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

What are the views of Trotskyism in this world ?
I immagine Trotsky is derided as a poor fool who dedicated his life to an ideology who wanted him dead. Seriously most people don't even know Trotskyism exists in OTL. ITTL it is probably seen as another variation of an awful ideology

What are the views of Trotskyism in this world ?

Trotsky and trotskyism is hardly much more known as in OTL. So basically most people hardly even know who Trotsky was. And even they who have heard about Trotsky and Trotskyism hardly see that being much better than Stalinism or any other Communist school. Remember how extremely bad reputation Communism has ITTL so any branch of the ideology is seen very bad.

Hey all, since I'm always obsessed with making sure I learn something from my efforts, I hope it would be okay to ask the following questions:

1) What did you particularly like about the TL? Did any characters stand out?

2) How was the writing style/flow? How did dialogue and description feel?

3) If you could suggest an improvement point, what would it be?
1) This TL felt very real and the story hooked me. Mussolini was the best character, I almost shed tears at his last words.😢

2) Personally I liked the writing style and the flow was good.

3) Maybe the annual immigration to the settler states.

This was one of my favorite TL, and I was surprised by how fast it have been finished (and the fact it has been finished instead of lasting 8+ years or being on indefinite hiatus) while staying consistent and well develloped.
Well done Sorairo!😁:cool:

What would be popular PODs regarding the Second Arabian War on TTL's AH.Com be?

- Aflaq is smarter and never allow ODESSA arriving to UAR.
- Aflaq decides that not begin SAW yet.
- World find out alliance between UAR and ODESSA earlier.
- UAR fells to civil war before SAW.
- Aflaq is assassinated before he conquers Iraq.

Another question which person is considered the worst in history?

Definitely Stalin.

Last edited:
Another question which person is considered the worst in history?

1. Himmler = Hitler's premature death and Himmler commanding Germany during the last most brutal stages of World War II and his bungling at Nuremberg to possibly get off on an insanity clause will forever enshrine him as the evil mastermind of the Third Reich with Hitler as the bumbling idiot. He can also be seen as the inspiration for the next 2.
2. Aflaq = Rabid anti-semitism and idiotic policy during the 2nd Arabian War saw the destruction of Pan-Arabism, and forever destroyed the Arab Identity.
3. Stalin = For committing a 2nd Holocaust and his purges on Soviet society, leaving it with a bunch of idiots as all talented individuals were purged for ideological reasons, nuking Warsaw, and exacerbating the war in China.
4. Hitler = For leading the Nazi Movement, but generally seen as a bumbling idiot manipulated by more evil masterminds such as Himmler and Heydrich.

It appears this TL has won the Turtledove for best TL in its slot.

As you the readers were collectively the fuel that kept this TL going, I can only offer my sincerest thanks - this TL wouldn't have finished without you, believe me.
A well deserved award. This timeline is one of the best I have ever read - a perfect example of how a single act can change the destiny of millions. Congratulations :)