The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

Well, not in a First or Third Person-shooter, at any rate, given the fact that it would risk to be as perciveable to be in bad taste as doing as much for the Axis would be OTL (granted that ITTL having a German or Japanese campaign would still be a tall order, and a Slovenian one would rely on most people knowing what a Slovenian is/was), but in Strategy games, even Tactics-based ones that'd force you into it? You bet your ass they will have a Soviet campaign.

Yeah my bad, should've specified the FPS/TPS genres. I absolutly agree that games like TTL's C&C Red Alert for instance will have a Soviet campaign that will no doubt be portrayed as horrifyingly as if the plans of Generalpan Ost being put into action on a continent wide scale when we get to the ending.

Hey everyone, I'm gonna publish the surprise I talked about before. It comes in form of images.
The thing is that I don't remember if there's a limit for image uploading per day. They're about 110 pics and I don't want to provoke the great bear in the sky.

Hey everyone, I'm gonna publish the surprise I talked about before. It comes in form of images.
The thing is that I don't remember if there's a limit for image uploading per day. They're about 110 pics and I don't want to provoke the great bear in the sky.

It's a three pics per day rule I believe.

Three per day per user is the Image uploading max.
EDIT: ninje'd
The obvious get around would be to get a group of people on discord (or whatever you younglings use these days) and share the pics there, and have each person post 3 pics.

Or use an image hosting site and combine 20 pics into one massive pic, but I wouldn't recommend that.

What are the navies of the world like ITTL? Does the US still have a monopoly on supercarriers or do Britain, Italy, India, China, and France have supercarriers ITTL?

Well, not in a First or Third Person-shooter, at any rate, given the fact that it would risk to be as perciveable to be in bad taste as doing as much for the Axis would be OTL (granted that ITTL having a German or Japanese campaign would still be a tall order, and a Slovenian one would rely on most people knowing what a Slovenian is/was), but in Strategy games, even Tactics-based ones that'd force you into it? You bet your ass they will have a Soviet campaign, with the Red Star replacing every instance of the Hammer and Sickle like how the swastika is routinely swapped out for the Iron Cross; and with your commanding officers sneering at the idea of "not using horde tactics" (I doubt few people would feel like correcting the "Soviet Eastern Hordes" myth ITTL).

Unrelated, but I do have to wonder, what will replace the Unmentionable Sea Mammal as "WW2 PoD that everyone knows, but few outside the interest realize the impossibility of success"? Will we have an Unmentionable Barbarian Person or Unmentionable Seasonal Weather?

I am wondering how TTL's "Axis Victory" TLs would look like. This TL brings many intresting potential AH things.

The obvious get around would be to get a group of people on discord (or whatever you younglings use these days) and share the pics there, and have each person post 3 pics.

Or use an image hosting site and combine 20 pics into one massive pic, but I wouldn't recommend that.

Or one possibility is to create thread "Pics of The Footprint of Mussolini" thread. Wouldn't picture threads allow go over day limits of pictures? Altough hardly it still would be good if one person publish tons of pictures in one day.

Deleted member 109224

Forget about that, imagine the whole MEME potential this world has!!!

South Africa: Hey
Neighbors: Hey
South Africa: This land over here is your problem now
Neighbors: Huh?
South Africa: Also we're dumping a ton of people into it
Neighbors: What!?
South Africa: It ain't pretty but we don't care. Really messy honestly.
Neighbors: WHAT!?
South Africa: Complain and we'll nuke you
Neighbors: *silently screams in unrelenting horror*

South Africans are probably the go-to villains in cinema TTL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just sent a message to CalBear, I'll wait for the response.

I wouldn't mind joining a Discord server dedicated to this timeline.

@Sorairo Sorry, a question- what's Madagascar's history in this timeline please?

Also, anyone been to Mars yet?

Declared independence in the 1960s and has been quiet since within the Francophonie. No one's been to Mars yet but the Americans are going soon to make sure the Chinese don't beat them

A few questions that I missed...
1) Which halves of "Angola" and "Mozambique" are white and which are black?
2) How did New Guinea unify?
3) Is Brunei as OTL?
4) How is Cyprus?
5) Is Argentina still complaining about the Falklands?

The western portion of Angola and southern portion of Mozambique are part of the 66% White Lusitanian Kingdom, with the other portions are about 95% Black.

New Guinea unified during the Indonesian emergency and was content being part of a democracy instead of returning to dictatorship.

Yes, though less Islamist in its law.

Cyprus is more developed and still has racial animosity between the local Greeks and Turks.

They complain about it as much as Russia complains about Alaska - it's not considered feasible to get it back so they don't care as much. They have a slightly more tense relationship with Chile though.

They share the same head of state though they are totally independent in decision making, it's more like a Commonwealth than anything else.

Monarchies with some powerMonarchies, ceremonial head of stateRepublics
GermanyUKIceland
HungaryNetherlandsIreland
RomaniaBelgiumFrance
BulgariaLuxembourgFinland
SpainAustriaPortugal
ItalyDenmarkCzechoslovakia
Croatia-BosniaNorwaySerbia
GreeceSwedenPoland
Vatican CityLiechtensteinSwitzerland
MonacoAndorra
San Marino

The Kaiser has very little power - the Allies were never going to open THAT can of worms. Apart from that, Spain has about the same level of monarchical interference as OTL.

Enjoyable and well written timeline indeed. A couple of minor points:
- a more prosperous Latin America would likely mean more, not less immigration to Estados Unitos.
- higher military spending in Italy combined with continuing wars would likely mean a less prosperous Italy - even if the ww2 fighting in Italy proper is avoided.

People immigrate (and its serious business to leave your community and friends) when they have either a strong enough pull or push. With America's lead in human rights and living standards not being as big as OTL, and Latin America more developed, there is not as much of an incentive to go.

Italy is primarily better off due to the global rising tide of economics rather than its own genius.

> A fundamentally democratic China with freedom to protest and gay rights with OTL South Korea living standards
> The CHAD Katanga
> Better global economy
> Imperial Federation
> Stable Middle East
> Good guy Israel
> Africain-Americans are better off than OTL
> The Fascists in Italy have chilled out
> No wacky Islamists
> Peaceful Afghanistan
> Ethiopian recovery
> M o o n B a s e
Overall, a bit closer to heaven