The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

My prediction on US politics: Brooke only relucantely run second term but loses badly to hard-line candidate and he will be last president from traditional GOP. The party is divided to multiple factions. The party will survive to 1990's but many form rapidly new People's Party which begin rise already on early 1980's if not already in end of 1970's. FP is still very pro-Fascist despite that Fascism has collapsed in Europe and South Africa, Rhodesia, Turkey, Iran and possibility Thailand, Argentina and Venezuela are last fascist nations. FP president provides massive support to Apartheidist regime of SA and he manage somehow damage relationships with European countries. The president loses 1984 election being last FP president and the party basically returns to its heartlands being irrelevant outside of Deep South. By 1990 US politics is dominated by moderate conservative party and moderately left-wing party.

Man, good thing that Ethiopia has a port, but I wonder how well they'll be able to control Southern Somalia. That area has never been under Ethiopian control, and I imagine they aren't particularly enthusiastic about their new monarch.

Man, good thing that Ethiopia has a port, but I wonder how well they'll be able to control Southern Somalia. That area has never been under Ethiopian control, and I imagine they aren't particularly enthusiastic about their new monarch.

It seems that Ethiopia can keep that to 2020 but probably not easily. If Somalia gain independence it probably will claim region back and there might be even some border conflict. Reactions of Ethiopian Somals probably will depend how Ethiopia threat them.

It was in the environment that the cry of ‘Libera Enrico Berlinguer’ went from a phrase mainly used by foreign opponents to one that showed up in everyday life. It got to the extent that everyday conversations incorporated the phrase as a statement of general discontent about almost anything. Spilling coffee on oneself could result in a “Cazzo! Libera Enrico Berlinguer!” If your team lost in Serie A? “Libera Enrico Berlinguer!” Your wife was cheating on you? “Libera Enrico Berlinguer!” But behind the scenes, Berlinguer had already done a fantastic job in uniting Italy behind him.

LMAO!😂

d the Afro-Fascist ‘African Revival Party’ in the EAF Parliament. Fearing Kenyatta was about to pull the EAF out of the war and convince Selassie to accept truce over final victory, a coup was organised, with the ringleader being the charismatic but buffoonish General Idi Amin, who had gained fame for his work in Ethiopia. Amin wanted to establish the EAF as an Afro-Fascist state that would never end the Colonial conflict in Africa until ‘The only White people on the African continent are corpses”. Amin received significant levels of funding and backing from Zaire, who despised Kenyatta’s accommodation with the West - there was even suggestion of merging Zaire and the EAF into a super-state (though the ultima
worlda version of 1977's world map. Hoping I got the new East Africa borders right.
u8LyTWJ.png
Hi, love these maps, would someone mind at some point making a version that has each country labeled? With the insane mess that is the Middle East and Africa, I sometime can't keep it all straight!

It seems the Roman Alliance, or at least Italy, will have a somewhat smooth transition, which I'm happy for. Another Soviet-style collapse would have been too much

Imagine this scenario:
-"Duce, we found these movie tapes called L'uomo nell'alto castello"
-
Let me see them
*30 minutes later*
-Ma che cazzo?! What is this?! How the hell did I ally with that stronzo?! And ended like Saddam?!

Imagine this scenario:
-"Duce, we found these movie tapes called L'uomo nell'alto castello"
-
Let me see them
*30 minutes later*
-Ma che cazzo?! What is this?! How the hell did I ally with that stronzo?! And ended like Saddam?!

TTL AH.com contributor: Mussolini fighting with the Nazis. DAT ASB.

TTL AH.com contributor: Mussolini fighting with the Nazis. DAT ASB.

If the idea of Mussolini joining the Axis is ASB ITTL, then who would be considered antisemitic enough among the Fascists to actually join in with the Nazis? I mean a popular POD here would be Musso getting killed and getting replaced by someone who leads Italy to ruin by the end of alt-WWII.

If the idea of Mussolini joining the Axis is ASB ITTL, then who would be considered antisemitic enough among the Fascists to actually join in with the Nazis? I mean a popular POD here would be Musso getting killed and getting replaced by someone who leads Italy to ruin by the end of alt-WWII.
Farinacci looks like the man you're after. Pro-German, anti-Semitic, pushed for the racial laws to be passed and for Italy to join the war on the German side. IIRC, the Germans even toyed with the idea to make him, and not Mussolini, the puppet leader of the Salò regime.

Farinacci looks like the man you're after. Pro-German, anti-Semitic, pushed for the racial laws to be passed and for Italy to join the war on the German side. IIRC, the Germans even toyed with the idea to make him, and not Mussolini, the puppet leader of the Salò regime.

"Farinacci's Footprint" has a nice ring to it I suppose for an in-universe TL that's more or less our world.

Farinacci seems being good alternate Duce in TL where Italy allies with Axis. Perhaps Mussolini is succesfully assassinated in 1920's and Farinacci becomes new duce. Then history would go quiet similarly as in OTL.

EDIT: Anyway, what did happen to Farinacci ITTL?

Last edited: