The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

I mean Mussolini is going to Hell. Sure his place will be nicer than the ones reserved for Stalin, Aflaq and Hitler, but i seriously doubt he has any chance of going to Heaven.

Also i wonder why neither the ethiopian nor the greek royal families were invited to his funeral. Such a mistery.

If there is any afterlife things Mussolini probably would end same section as Julius Caesar. Them might have very intresting discussion.

Speaking of TTL media Aladdin has most definetly been butterflied away as well.

Perhaps not. The 90s is far off, the Arab situation may well have improved by then. The Israelii we already were given hints of war guilt feelings sinking in. And it seems the French will have a very mixed to negative view of the nuking in Algeria down the line. That along with the revelation of the Islamic State may see a view of Arab Rebirth in a positive light in the post Cold/Cool War generation.

Heh, the Genie was supposed to be played as ambiguously Jewish, and he's helping a Poor Arab rise from a wretched life to pursue his dreams. It could be taken as a metaphor for Jewish aid in the future to the Arab world. With Aladdin getting his happy ending also leading to the Genie getting freed from his lamp as a metaphor for the Jewish people being freed from the guilt for operation Sampson and what came after. It could be beautiful dream.

Last edited:
Bold of y'all to assume the fall of communism wont lead to something worse.
Neo fascist orthodoxy

Yeah. It would be depressingly realistic for post-Soviet Russia to become explicitly fascist. In that case, the poor people of the Caucasus are not in for a good time.

Bold of y'all to assume the fall of communism wont lead to something worse.
Neo fascist orthodoxy

Hmm, that is a valid possibility. There are too many unknowns to really support or deny such a scenario.

I expect there to be less Soviet nostalgia ITTL, with the Soviet union havng far less success at home and abroad. But whether that will translate into prodemocracy sentiment is yet to be seen. And the effects of an earlier Fall with the RA still in play is just muddying it further.

Hmm, that is a valid possibility. There are too many unknowns to really support or deny such a scenario.

I expect there to be less Soviet nostalgia ITTL, with the Soviet union havng far less success at home and abroad. But whether that will translate into prodemocracy sentiment is yet to be seen. And the effects of an earlier Fall with the RA still in play is just muddying it further.

At least the USSRs collapse is happening before the age of neoliberalism, which is what really screwed Russia in the 1990s.

Speaking of TTL media Aladdin has most definetly been butterflied away as well.

Perhaps not. The 90s is far off, the Arab situation may well have improved by then. The Israelii we already were given hints of war guilt feelings sinking in. And it seems the French will have a very mixed to negative view of the nuking in Algeria down the line. That along with the revelation of the Islamic State may see a view of Arab Rebirth in a positive light in the post Cold/Cool War generation.

Heh, the Genie was supposed to be played as ambiguously Jewish, and he's helping a Poor Arab rise from a wretched life to pursue his dreams. It could be taken as a metaphor for Jewish aid in the future to the Arab world. With Aladdin getting his happy ending also leading to the Genie getting freed from his lamp as a metaphor for the Jewish people being freed from the guilt for operation Sampson and what came after. It could be beautiful dream.

The orignal Aladdin was actually set in China (In comptally Islamic Setting mind you.), but I don't think I actually seen an version of that, it always in Arabia/Middle East, or at least a well-known version of it.

It may be TTL Aladdin could be actually base in China and in a Chinese setting.

The orignal Aladdin was actually set in China (In comptally Islamic Setting mind you.), but I don't think I actually seen an version of that, it always in Arabia/Middle East, or at least a well-known version of it.

It may be TTL Aladdin could be actually base in China and in a Chinese setting.

Aladdin was Chinese (or more specifically, Turkic)?

Fuck you Hollywood and your pushing of historical falsehoods.

It was A Thousand and One Nights that moved the story to Baghdad, which is what Aladdin was based off of (either that or it was based off of the 1940 film Thief of Baghdad). It was for sure one of those two.

It was A Thousand and One Nights that moved the story to Baghdad, which is what Aladdin was based off of (either that or it was based off of the 1940 film Thief of Baghdad). It was for sure one of those two.

So Aladdin originated in central Asia, but it was moved to Baghdad? Wow!

So it would be more historically accurate to make Aladdin Turkic rather than Arab?

So Aladdin originated in central Asia, but it was moved to Baghdad? Wow!
My whole life has been a lie

So how strong is DeGaulle's rule in France do you figure?

Right now France is occupying a strange place. While it is a key part of ITO it is now far more proFascist than its fellow European ITO members at least with its willingness to work with the RA in Africa. And with Britain's new commonwealth policy in place France is the democratic holdout of old school imperialism and seems to be trying to transition in a transparent neoimperialism with its former colonies.

So it seems like France Post DeGaulle will go through some soul searching, and that may be the next big shake up in Africa.

Last edited:

Dolan

Banned
So it seems like France Post DeGaulle will go through some soul searching, and that may be the next big shake up
Or French left ITO to found their own global bloc, with banquettes, wines, and women of negotiable affections.

Cue the Cool War getting expanded with French being basically Facist Italy mk2.

Lol, Jiang is the Mary Sue ITTL.

Oh please. I don't think that can hold a candle to the craziness of OTL North Korea. Where the national leadership is given a ridiculously messianic background.

Also, I would never have guessed that Mussolini’s last words would be a tear jerker for me.

Again, he was not a nice man. But TTL, on some level, you felt his actions were for a better Italy. Who you are really determines how you see the man.

I think Balbo is very good choice for the next duce since he can help slow down fracture between Democratic and Fascist that is greatly needed currently.