The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

Was Rommel really anti-Semitic to justify the hostility of the Israelis because OTL Rommel didn't treat Jews bad.

He wasn’t, but your average Jewish person in 1947 hates anything German, especially a decorated Wehrmacht general who was associated with Hitler for years. The consensus is Rommel has to earn respect before coming over.

Vuu

Banned
Oh boy, Poland will become the Soviet Vietnam, except it won't be "the trees are speaking" but just Agent Orange until the biggest ecocide ever occurs

I have a bad feeling Poland might be nuked. Even if Poland does not get nuked, the war is going to be very costly for both sides

I don't think the USSR at the time have nukes yet. Nor using a bomb with a Republican sitting President if would mean risk of nuclear retaliation.

Oh boy, Poland will become the Soviet Vietnam, except it won't be "the trees are speaking" but just Agent Orange until the biggest ecocide ever occurs

I think this is more what may happen. Well at least the Soviets would have their Afghanistan early... The USSR had yet to rebuild. Is already siphoning supplies to prop Serbia and it won't be easy at all if Hungary and Romania would start to tighten controls. They were purging people left and right and persecuting Jews. The only advantage is they don't have to spread troops in half of Europe.

At the same time, I forgot to say I think Churchill is doing wrong to keep the Raj within the Empire. I can see after Iran won't like to see India under threat, but dominion status won't suffice at this point.

The Rome Alliance and British response to the Poland War will be interesting.

How can they help? Should they? Is there a chance of a WWIII blow up if they do?

Hard to believe Wallace is so utterly blind to how much he is disliked and yet insists on staying! If he does like America, you'd think he'd step aside and let someone less decisive take over!

How can they help? Should they? Is there a chance of a WWIII blow up if they do?

Hard to believe Wallace is so utterly blind to how much he is disliked and yet insists on staying! If he does like America, you'd think he'd step aside and let someone less decisive take over!

Wallace basically thinks he's he's Jefferson Smith from Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, and that he's up against literal Fascists. When you're in that frame of mind, you don't break out easy.

Even Jefferson Smith would have seen the Communists for what they were...

As I've said, James Buchanan is probably smiling somewhere, because he's no longer considered the worst president; Henry Wallace now has that title...

Wallace basically thinks he's he's Jefferson Smith from Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, and that he's up against literal Fascists. When you're in that frame of mind, you don't break out easy.
I mean some of his opponent is literal fascist, so he is not that wrong. But his allies is much worse.

as it prepared for the war that would determine whether the dream of a Jewish state would be realised.​

So it begins ... Am Israel Chai.

Of course, the Polish were awash in aid coming from ETO Sweden and Czechia. The Poles had the supplies and they had the will. Now the only question was if that was enough to beat the Soviet army. Tragically, that was not the question they should have asked …

Oh Kurwa.... c'mon Polska! Expell that commie trash!

Amazing update as usual Sorairo!

Italy and the RA could help Poland by helping indirectly the ETO - sending supplies, spies, etc. I think in Rome they know Poland would fall anyway in ETO sphere in case the Soviets would lose but would be still a blow for the USSR and may proceed to isolate further Serbia or give them other fronts to face - the Italians and the Turks meanwhile going to help Israel against the Arabs.

I guess is pretty obvious that Mussolini is eyeing at Egypt (I bet on Alexandria) and the Turks at Syria (Aleppo) . And I think Churchill and De Gaulle will give them green light, if pegging down Egypt and Syria will mean 1) keeping the Suez in European hands 2) preventing Soviet infiltration 3) reallowing France and UK to preserve some influence over their former Arab protectorates. Britain looking at Iraq and France at Syria...

Last edited:
Italy and the RA could help Poland by helping indirectly the ETO - sending supplies, spies, etc. I think in Rome they know Poland would fall anyway in ETO sphere in case the Soviets would lose but would be still a blow for the USSR and may proceed to isolate further Serbia or give them - the Italians and the Turks meanwhile going to help Israel against the Arabs.

I guess is pretty obvious that Mussolini is eyeing at Egypt (I bet on Alexandria) and the Turks at Syria (Aleppo) . And I think Churchill and De Gaulle will give them green light, if pegging down Egypt and Syria will mean 1) keeping the Suez in European hands 2) preventing Soviet infiltration 3) reallowing France and UK to preserve some influence over their former Arab protectorates. Britain looking at Iraq and France at Syria...

Oh yeah, in the face of a hostile, unstable Soviet Union and unreliable America, the ETO and RA will assist each other as much as "rival" great power blocs can

With Patton somewhat disinterested in policy I can see how presidential power will be reduced between Wallace's downfall and Patton delegating.

So with Dewey set up to be very influential as Patton's vice president, what can we expect from him?

With Patton somewhat disinterested in policy I can see how presidential power will be reduced between Wallace's downfall and Patton delegating.

So with Dewey set up to be very influential as Patton's vice president, what can we expect from him?

A moderate Conservative of roughly-Eisenhower views. Big on cracking down on organised crime. Great administrator/private dealer, horrible at public events (a vice-presidency with power is actually quite suitable for him).

A moderate Conservative of roughly-Eisenhower views. Big on cracking down on organised crime. Great administrator/private dealer, horrible at public events (a vice-presidency with power is actually quite suitable for him).

That has got to be the oddest of Presidential couples: the belligerent Patton and the professional and boring Dewey. I bet the cabinet meetings are a sight to behold.

That has got to be the oddest of Presidential couples: the belligerent Patton and the professional and boring Dewey. I bet the cabinet meetings are a sight to behold.

Now now, the election isn't over yet.

The real meaning of the March on Washington speech was that it killed any doubt in the typical American’s mind if Patton could play a political figure - he sure could. Little did anyone realise, this was simply the calm before the storm.

It seems like this is not going to go smoothly at all.

By the way I had considered Rommel working for Israel, but surprised it actually happened.

I do wonder what Mussolini is planning in secret.

Heh, I seem to recall the Savoys still held a claim to the title of the old crusader Kingdom of Jerusalem before the war OTL. And now here are the Italians aiding a new stare in that area against the locals.

Last edited:
Poland is toasted, they can resist and make the Soviet pay for every hinch...but the endgame is never in doubt, they are surrounded and any logistical help will be limited by the fact that both ETO and RA don't want to start a new general war in Europe; there is the strong possiblity that the Polish underground can start a guerrilla campaign against the soviet occupied...but we are talking about Stalin, he will probably order to 'Make a desert and call it peace', said that this will be another hit to the soviet economy.

Regarding Wallace, well looking from his pow, on the other side there are a couple of old colonial empire (not very liked in USA in OTL) and litteraly the fascist; the Freedom Party are basically a bunch of racist that run 'one party state' with method not very democratic and the Union member are being hit by violence and strikebreaker; so is not that strange that he see himself in a crusade against evil.
Frankly is strange that the union are not striking back, sure the FBI seem not really keen to obey Wallace...but i don't see the President (and the entourage) stay silent and doing nothing while some Pinkerton wannabe decide to crack some skull and many of that strikers will be veteran