The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

Discussion in 'Alternate History Discussion: After 1900' started by Sorairo, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Kaiser Chris Emperor of the United States, Protector of Mexico

Considering the fact that this testimony takes place in '49, there are only two men in the office between Wallace and Patton, and Truman had to specify that the President was Wallace when Hoover wasn't anywhere near the White House, this all but confirms that Patton is going to win the '48 election.

While Patton wouldn't normally get into politics, Wallace's actions here and the fact that he slapped Patton would piss old George off more than anything and make the MacArthur-Truman relationship look like that of best friends. Patton's going to want blood, and he'll fight a dirty campaign to get that Communist out of office ASAP.

2. Herr Frage Jesus Christ Is In Heaven

Behind a black gate and to the left of a grove
    Sorry, but I do not follow how this clenches it for Patton becoming president. I took the insistence of referring to Wallace by name rather than title being that Wallace is so out of favor calling him President Wallace or the President would be seen as supporting him.

Speaking of Hoover though, what is J. Edgar Hoover up to ITTL.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  3. Icedaemon Well-Known Member

I read the line much as Kaiser Chris did - the name added to specify which president.

4. Bookmark1995 Bookmark95 Reborn!

Rubbing his hands with glee now that Wallace has given so much more work to do.

Dolan and Alpha-King98760 like this.
  5. Alpha-King98760 Aku's most favorite assassin, babe!

The future where Aku's evil is law, babe.
    I swear Hoover could be the head of a secret police organisation.

6. Bookmark1995 Bookmark95 Reborn!

Truman himself said that Hoover ran the FBI like a Gestapo.

Alpha-King98760 likes this.
  7. Alpha-King98760 Aku's most favorite assassin, babe!

The future where Aku's evil is law, babe.
    Yeah, I can see.

8. Bookmark1995 Bookmark95 Reborn!

Hoover basically made himself not only powerful, but into the very pillar of society. His secret files, according to Helen Gandy, would have been Watergate 2:Electric Bugaloo had they been released to the public.

9. frenchiestfries His Highness

The date says 1949, while Wallace's term would end in 1948. Seeing as how he's referring to Wallace by name, and there would only be two people in the room, the President and Patton, it doesn't seem like Wallace would get his second term.

10. Bookmark1995 Bookmark95 Reborn!

I'm surprised he isn't going to be IMPEACHED! Helping Stalin should count for endangering the security of the US.

11. Knightmare Well-Known Member

Again, legally, you could be impeached by Congress for ordering the wrong topping for your hot dog. It wouldn't pass the House or Senate unless you were really hated, but..... Legally it could happen.

12. frenchiestfries His Highness

It's not impeachable, per se, but it's certainly ruining his reputation. I don't know what they would impeach him for. Maybe assault, but that's a huge stretch. You could mayyybe get away with treason, but again, that's another huge stretch.

13. Bookmark1995 Bookmark95 Reborn!

I'm exaggerating, but I have a feeling that is going to be the mindset of a lot of people when they reflect on how their President spread Stalinism worldwide, while disrespecting Britain and France.

14. Herr Frage Jesus Christ Is In Heaven

Behind a black gate and to the left of a grove
    But that only shows Wallace not being president by 49, it doesn't show that Patton is President by then. We still don't know if Patton is even going to run. Heck, he may die before the next election for all we know.

Ogrebear and Alpha-King98760 like this.
  15. Bookmark1995 Bookmark95 Reborn!

It could be anybody: Dewey, Eisenhower, and lets not forget that lovable sweetheart MacArthur (shuddering).

16. akoslows Well-Known Member

Somewhere, CalBear just randomly puked, and he knows exactly why.

Knightmare likes this.
  17. Bookmark1995 Bookmark95 Reborn!

Why?

18. akoslows Well-Known Member

From what I’ve heard, CalBear not only REALLY dislikes MacArthur, but he also has a very nauseous reaction whenever a TL proposes the idea of MacArthur becoming President.

19. jlckansas Well-Known Member

Remember Patton's title was President, of what we don't know. It could be the US, a University, a Company, or something else.

20. frenchiestfries His Highness

Well OTL he died in 1945 via a car accident, and since that didn't happen ITTL (i guess), who knows when he's gonna die?