The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

Speaking of fighter planes in TTL, I wonder if the F-104 Starfighter has not been butterflied away. I can see this TTL's German Air Force using the term 'Flying Pickelhaube' for the F-104 because of the Starfighter's spike-like profile from plan view in addition to the names that the Starfighter got in OTL by the Germans such as 'Tent Peg' .

Some of these I don't recognize. I think Patton's the only one I know on sight.
Counterclockwise from Patton

Right without adjectives: George S. Patton
Right Libertarian: Moïse Tshombe
Libertarian without adjectives: Mustafa Barzani
Left Libertarian: Enrico Berlinguer
Left without adjectives: Hugh Gaitskell
Left Authoritarian: Jiang Qing
Centre Left Authoritarian: Michel Aflaq
Centre Right Authoritarian: Andries Treurnicht
Right Authoritarian: Louis Ferdinand von Hohenzollern

Counterclockwise from Patton

Right without adjectives: George S. Patton
Right Libertarian: Moïse Tshombe
Libertarian without adjectives: Mustafa Barzani
Left Libertarian: Enrico Berlinguer
Left without adjectives: Hugh Gaitskell
Left Authoritarian: Jiang Qing
Centre Left Authoritarian: Michel Aflaq
Centre Right Authoritarian: Andries Treurnicht
Right Authoritarian: Louis Ferdinand von Hohenzollern
Wait a second, in this AH timeline, would anti-racism be a left-wing or right-wing thing in the United States? Cause I remember that the death of Jackie Robinson, a holder of the Medal of Honour was enough to spark President Patton into fighting the Ku Klux Klan.

Last edited:
Wait a second, in this AH timeline, would anti-racism be a left-wing or right-wing thing in the United States? Cause I remember that the death of Jackie Robinson, a holder of the Medal of Honour was enough to spark President Patton into fighting the Ku Klux Klan.
Hones, political compasses never made sense to me to begin with.

I had hoped that the “where are they now” chapter decided that South Africa was doomed to poverty for its crimes. This chapter puts pains to those hopes.
Anyways, did the Zulu take any land from their war? Or was it just plunder?

I had hoped that the “where are they now” chapter decided that South Africa was doomed to poverty for its crimes. This chapter puts pains to those hopes.
Anyways, did the Zulu take any land from their war? Or was it just plunder?

Generally just plunder. The Zulus didn't want to complicate their political status by creating a new border above South Africa's head. There was an unspoken fear that if the Zulus were seen as too expansionist that it might unsettle the South Africans and lead to retribution.

Rivercat893

Banned
Generally just plunder. The Zulus didn't want to complicate their political status by creating a new border above South Africa's head. There was an unspoken fear that if the Zulus were seen as too expansionist that it might unsettle the South Africans and lead to retribution.
Speaking of The Footprint of Mussolini, it's one of the most popular timelines on Alternate History Discussion next to What Madness Is This?, Decades of Darkness, Blue Skies in Camelot, and The Anglo/American-Nazi War. The TV Tropes even has the same fanmade cover for your work.

Speaking of The Footprint of Mussolini, it's one of the most popular timelines on Alternate History Discussion next to What Madness Is This?, Decades of Darkness, Blue Skies in Camelot, and The Anglo/American-Nazi War. The TV Tropes even has the same fanmade cover for your work.
The popularity is well deserved :)

Hmm, speaking of dress uniforms, I wonder how the East German dress uniforms would look since the West Germans took the Wehrmacht look from them thanks to a more successful Operation Valkyrie. I was picturing that the East Germans would go for a more Soviet-inspired look rather than their OTL Wehrmacht look to differentiate them from their West German counterparts.

So Sorairo, what was the inspiration for you to create this timeline?

A bunch of loose collected ideas (Soviet moon landing, surviving settler states, the Zionist dream borders and how they could possibly come about, the ultimate Red Scare) put together by a sense of guilt in having maybe read this site for ten years without contributing anything.

Another in Venda made Prima Noctus the official law of the country after he had seen it in a movie from the main villain and thought it was a brilliant idea. Not only did he legalise it, he mandated it – saying men could not have sex with their wives until they had been raped by him first – for the entire country. He was killed on the seventh woman, who held poison in her mouth and kissed him, breathing it down his throat and killing both of them.
Was said Bantustan leader in power for a relatively long time (by Bantustan standards) when he enacted said insane policy or did he just seize power?

IMO, racism would be looked down upon by both sides even more than OTL. After the troubles, no one wants the kind of violence racism leads to, and people are extra careful not to offend any racial community.

IMO, racism would be looked down upon by both sides even more than OTL. After the troubles, no one wants the kind of violence racism leads to, and people are extra careful not to offend any racial community.

And regarding racism antisemtism would be even more hated by right and left wing. Anyone normal human wouldn't tolerate any antisemtic things any second. And probably in many countries you would be at least fined if you say anything such things speciality go with Holocaust denial.

Adn wold hardly wouldn't tolerate any regime if there would be even smallest hint on antisemitism.