The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

What's the current equipment of the Italian Army? What tanks and small arms they have? Are the same as the OTL? Or completely different?

Not a tech okaku I'm afraid - wouldn't know the specifics except that the Italian army is a little more kickass, about French levels OTL.

Not a tech okaku I'm afraid - wouldn't know the specifics except that the Italian army is a little more kickass, about French levels OTL.
Thank God for that! Not many memes about the incompetency of the Italian Army I assume... but I do assume there are spicy “Flashbacks to Ethiopia” memes.

Thank God for that! Not many memes about the incompetency of the Italian Army I assume... but I do assume there are spicy “Flashbacks to Ethiopia” memes.

If Polandball equalement is ever created ITTL I would imaginate that Italy-Ethiopia thing would be very similar than USA-Vietnam thing. Always getting some backflashes when there is some Ethiopia references.

@Sorairo

How would this World react to our World? To be less vague, how would people and certain countries react to OTL if they were given a glimpse through, say, by an ASB giving them video footage, photos, and other evidence? How would countries like Italy, the USA, or Russia react to their OTL fates? How would people react to communism not being widely discredited and there being a few communist countries left in the world by 2020, plus plenty of people/activists in the USA and the West who align themselves with communist and other far-left parties and organizations? Meanwhile, Fascism, in general, has been widely condemned by the Modern World as evil? How would they react to the state of places like the Middle East and Africa?

@Sorairo

How would this World react to our World? To be less vague, how would people and certain countries react to OTL if they were given a glimpse through, say, by an ASB giving them video footage, photos, and other evidence? How would countries like Italy, the USA, or Russia react to their OTL fates? How would people react to communism not being widely discredited and there being a few communist countries left in the world by 2020, plus plenty of people/activists in the USA and the West who align themselves with communist and other far-left parties and organizations? Meanwhile, Fascism, in general, has been widely condemned by the Modern World as evil? How would they react to the state of places like the Middle East and Africa?
How do you think? Italians and Israelis would be disappointed that they aren’t as powerful, Russians living under Malenkov would be disappointed at how jingoistic and corrupt real Russia is. People personally affected by communism would be upset that it isn’t as hated in our time. Arabs would be shocked at the fact that they actually have countries. To answer your questions: think “who is better off in this story and who is worse?”

How do you think? Italians and Israelis would be disappointed that they aren’t as powerful, Russians living under Malenkov would be disappointed at how jingoistic and corrupt real Russia is. People personally affected by communism would be upset that it isn’t as hated in our time. Arabs would be shocked at the fact that they actually have countries. To answer your questions: think “who is better off in this story and who is worse?”

Slovenians: We still exist?

I mean i am pretty sure OTL Algeria, Vietnam and Indonesia wouldn't be particoularly happy about the situation of their counterparts in this TL

@Sorairo

As Communist states (Albeit in moderate forms) and dictatorships still exist, it would broadly be considered a dystopia with a bizarre bright spot in South Africa.

I mean i am pretty sure OTL Algeria, Vietnam and Indonesia wouldn't be particoularly happy about the situation of their counterparts in this TL
Vietnam might be ok with it. Sure, it loses the war, but it becomes independent and winds up taking over the French’s own project. Vietnam ITTL is richer, democratic, and dunks on France for an eternity instead of in one war.

What became of the Italian mafia? Last I heard they had been forced out of Italy and Sicily. Are they still a political force in NYC and the greater USA? Did any survive post-Ciano in the African colonies?

What became of the Italian mafia? Last I heard they had been forced out of Italy and Sicily. Are they still a political force in NYC and the greater USA? Did any survive post-Ciano in the African colonies?
They are definitely still powerful in Cuba I think. And last I've heard, they are active in Italian Libya

Related to organized crime, I'm guessing figures like Pablo Escobar and El Chapo never get far in the drug game since Latin America's doing better. At least Escobar could be a corrupt politician accused of having ties to the Cartel.

They rose higher than OTL in America but by now are still bust due to RICO. They're as powerful in Cuba ITTL as they are in Italy today. They are near extinct ITTL Italy once control was established more firmly on the colonies.

Off the top of my head: they will see our (at least rhetorical) general condemnation of imperialism, colonialism and exclusive spheres of influence as hypocritical and/or foolish (given that the Global South is generally better off ITTL than IOTL), and they would never understand OTL's nuclear taboo.

How would TTLs 'Allo 'Allo! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/'Allo_'Allo! be different?
Would there be a Captain Alberto Bertorelli, who is still sent there? Just instead of a German ally as a supposedly neutral observer, who occasionally secretly helps the Resistance in an overbearing and pompous way, then later has to be hidden by them and shacks up with Fairfax and Carstairs when Germany attacks Italy?