The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

Discussion in 'Alternate History Discussion: After 1900' started by Sorairo, Feb 20, 2019.

1. AK47Productions Show me your true form!

"I, Benito Mussolini, have a dream."

2. Alpha-King98760 Aku's most favorite assassin, babe!

The future where Aku's evil is law, babe.
    I wonder what Ettore Ovazza ha been up to?

CountofDooku likes this.
  3. Sigfried Member

I just realized Patton Impact on civil right is going to be seen interestingly, because you basically have what could be called Old Racist Grandpa basically pushing throught civil rights and Crushing Klan.

4. Lalli Well-Known Member

Patton's role is very intresting considering his bakcground and motive. He begun go against KKK only because it killed his friend not because he would had wanted help Blacks very much. Ans didn't Patton's grandfather and grand-uncle serve in Confederate army? This is pretty intresting thing when KKK was founded by formed Confederate officer.

Icedaemon and Alpha-King98760 like this.
  5. Bbone91 I have no powers but I can skip reasonably well.

Everyone has standards. When Jackie Robinson started his registration tour, Patton admitted that he was right to do so.
    What I find more interesting is how Patton contrasts with Wallace. When Wallace found out about the Soviets nuking Warsaw, he refusedto accept responsibility, saying “I can’t admit I’m wrong. If I do, it means I was wrong about Stalin.” Meanwhile, when Patton learns about what the Klan did to Robinson, he not only admits that he was wrong to defend segregation, but also tries to put an end to it.

6. Sorairo Well-Known Member

Ambassador to Israel. He smuggled himself into Trieste during the fighting and fought the Nazis head on despite his age. To say the least, he’s thrilled about the union with Zionism and Italian Fascism.

7. Tannenberg (Angry Argentinian Noises)

What happened to Heinz Guderian? Himmler ordered his death after he purged the Wehrmacht?

Alpha-King98760 likes this.
  8. Herr Frage Jesus Christ Is In Heaven

Behind a black gate and to the left of a grove
    Sadly I expect that whoever comes after Patton will be more moderate in pursuing Civil Rights. Though I don't think even the FP would try a de jure rollback.

I think we will see in the next Republican Presidential Primary the lines that will form the break up of the Mega Republican Party. That will probably also be a part of Patton's legacy the chaos he will leave behind in the GOP trying to deal with his domestic legacy.

What do Malcom Little and his peers think of Patton?

9. Sorairo Well-Known Member

He survived and got a ten year prison sentence. Once he got out he provided military support to the West. He was one of the later defections, but his not fighting to the bitter end spared him the noose. With the German Conservatives in power, there is a big push to not punish Wehrmacht men while absolutely smashing SS guys. The latter get off worse than OTL, the former even better.

10. Alpha-King98760 Aku's most favorite assassin, babe!

The future where Aku's evil is law, babe.
    That’s great! I’m guessing he’s a celebrity of sorts among Jewish Italians?

CountofDooku likes this.
  11. Sorairo Well-Known Member

He’s venerated like Capri for proving the loyalty of the Jewish people, who are by now thoroughly in Mussolini’s corner to the extent even Ben Gurion cannot openly oppose him.

12. Ogrebear Well-Known Member

I wonder if Patton goes for a 3rd term?

He is certainly popular enough.

13. Sorairo Well-Known Member

The two term limit was already introduced after the Wallace disaster to limit the chance of Presidential disasters.

14. RyuDrago Italian? Yes, but also Roman

Interesting, I believed he would have been executed if captured, after all he was the one who crushed the rebellion in Berlin when the coup started.

15. Whiteshore Defender of Myrcella Baratheon

Didn't he historically die in 1954?

Alpha-King98760 likes this.
  16. wabbitking Member

Did the betrayal of the Cossacks and operation keelhaul (or something similar) happen this timeline, or did they get butterflied away somehow?
    And for that matter what happened to the Ostlegionen ITTL in general?

5000 Cows and Alpha-King98760 like this.
  17. Sorairo Well-Known Member

Butterflies

Taloc13 and crazyself00 like this.
  18. Dolan Lookin fer Gooby

I think it would be more fitting for Jewruno Jewvanna pummeling both Hitler, Stalin, and Alfaq so utterly.

The Italians are "merely" being Berunito Buccolini.

19. Herr Frage Jesus Christ Is In Heaven

Behind a black gate and to the left of a grove
    This seems to imply Aflaq won't have the global impact some think. The war will no doubt be nasty but I suspect it won't be on the level of China or World War II; seen as tragic more fr its madness in happening and what it did to the people of the Middle East than nightmares of UAR troops marching across conquered nations.

Perhpas the Fascists play him up as another Hitler and Stalin in the making; "But this time, the evil tyrant was stopped and his genocidal ambitions pounded into paste by the forces of Fascism and Zionism," or some such. Tending to play down the involvement of Free Europe.

Ogrebear likes this.
  20. perfectgeneral Velocireader. Highly socially inept. CMII Donor

You have Anthony Eden interviewed in 1973 on about page nine? How does he live so much longer than OTL? Was he bound to succumb to cancer even as early as 1943? I'm not sure how "pre-cancerous" he would be.