The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

gurgu

Banned
Due to brutal scheduling, I would say that’s unlikely. I will write so as to give a good picture of how ITTL 2019 ended up, however.
is there going to be some update about the economy/politics inside of the roman alliance? Bulgaria has become almost a neutral member last post it was mentioned was the peace conference were it took dobruja( dobrich in Bulgarian)

How did denazification go ITTL?

SS/committed Nazis get it worse than OTL, Wehrmacht war criminals get off lighter. Germans think the Nazis were evil but they think of the Nazis as alien and anathema to German values, ergo German nationalism is as common and accepted as most other European countries. Flag waving and traditional values are still surefire election winners.

SS/committed Nazis get it worse than OTL, Wehrmacht war criminals get off lighter. Germans think the Nazis were evil but they think of the Nazis as alien and anathema to German values, ergo German nationalism is as common and accepted as most other European countries. Flag waving and traditional values are still surefire election winners.
I feel happy now knowing about this :relievedface:

So will Kurt Waldheim still have a political career, and will denialism be less politically toxic ITTL?

The Wehrmacht ITTL did kill Hitler and fight a civil war against the Nazis, during which they teamed up with the Allies. Whatever you want to say about the clean Wehrmacht myth IRL, there's a lot of substance behind it ITTL.

It also gets a little complicated if your big critique of the Wehrmacht is that they took too long to assassinate the civilian leadership of the country and take over.

I still feel slightly sorry for Hess ITTL; he ran away before the madness, but still got sent to jail for life.

He’s member of the Nazi party sure, but wasn’t there the worst crimes ITTL. Seems a tad harsh.

The Wehrmacht ITTL did kill Hitler and fight a civil war against the Nazis, during which they teamed up with the Allies. Whatever you want to say about the clean Wehrmacht myth IRL, there's a lot of substance behind it ITTL.

It also gets a little complicated if your big critique of the Wehrmacht is that they took too long to assassinate the civilian leadership of the country and take over.

I guess, but it provides a lot of "clear your conscience" tickets to people who were genuine Nazis.

"We weren't fighting for Hitler," says one smug old man ,"we were fighting to defend Germany, thus everything we did is OK."

I still feel slightly sorry for Hess ITTL; he ran away before the madness, but still got sent to jail for life.

He’s member of the Nazi party sure, but wasn’t there the worst crimes ITTL. Seems a tad harsh.

In other hand he might be even released when USSR collapses before his death. Altough not sure if he can remain his mental health.

More sorry I am with Manstein and Speer. Such terrible fates to men. Manstein wasn't saint but at least he was stopping Hitler. And in OTL Speer was one of few if not only inner circle Nazi who felt some degree of regret.

And I afraid that Wladyslaw Szpilman (that pianist whom Polanski's movie told in OTL) was killed on nuking of Warsaw. If then he wasn't away of city on that day.

Also, considering that Stalin nuked Poland and the USA looks set to kill half of China, German atrocities aren't going to stand out as much ITTL.

Also, considering that Stalin nuked Poland and the USA looks set to kill half of China, German atrocities aren't going to stand out as much ITTL.

Depends what kind of hell Stalin is going release against minorities. But Stalin already is pretty much as bad as Hitler if not bit worse. He already nuked Warsaw and orchestared Indian Civil War. And pressured one of his best marshalles commit suicide despite that he saved Soviet state.

Depends what kind of hell Stalin is going release against minorities. But Stalin already is pretty much as bad as Hitler if not bit worse. He already nuked Warsaw and orchestared Indian Civil War. And pressured one of his best marshalles commit suicide despite that he saved Soviet state.

Not to mention reviving the grand Russian tradition of anti-Semitic fervor.

Well, TotRT falls short of that one, but if that counts, it has the Soviet civil war going nuclear, and I don't even start about China and its horrors.