The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

I’d be very interested in seeing domestic developments in Great Britain at this time, preferably the situation with BUF (some history of the movement ITTL) and the raise in anti-communism in the country especially after the Soviet nuking of Warsaw).

Tito haven't much options so either he allow Soviets do whatever they want or then shall then face something unfortunate.

And considering that Tito was quiet unpredictable it is possible that Red Army with Stalin's bless remove Tito and replace him with someone more cooperative leader.

Well, TTL acted very prudent and reasonable and besides had still an advantage - Serbia doesn't border with the Soviet Union. Besides I guess the peace brokered in the Serbian-Croatian war should have put a certain limit to the number of Soviet troops there. Besides those troops would have passed through Hungary and or Romania, technically violating their neutrality, I guess there would have been lots of ETO and UN observers to see the transit to those troops through them. Also with the war in Poland and sensing Soviet intervention in China, the USSR would have more fronts to watch than sending garrison troops bottled in Serbia.

Ironically in case the USSR will go awry, paradoxally those troops may be incorporated into the Serbian ones - one because without Moscow's protection Serbia would be obliterated by the RA, two because those troops may don't have places to go, if Hungary and Romania won't give them negotiated transit, third because could be a useful deterrent in order to negotiate with the RA for Serbia. In short the Soviet garrison in Serbia may have interest to work with Tito in case the Union will collapse. Hence... He just have to wait and hope until Stalin won't die he won't try to replace him. Well in that case may spell death for Serbia even if he survives an initial coup because 1) Soviets and Serbians fighting each other in Serbia, making the country more miserable whoever would win 2) RA invading the fringes of Serbia in the meanwhile.

I’d be very interested in seeing domestic developments in Great Britain at this time, preferably the situation with BUF (some history of the movement ITTL) and the raise in anti-communism in the country especially after the Soviet nuking of Warsaw).

People are getting tired of the Tories but are worried Labour are weak on defence. Gaitskell has taken over the Labour Party after Bevan burned bridges with everyone in the party, which went through a round of soul searching after losing in 1945. Mosley is divisive but eking out a core vote. He’s certainly more popular than the Communists. A big fight is on over India, with Labour lambasting Churchill for trying to hold onto it despite the population wanting out; they are a lot less friendly to Italy as well.

People are getting tired of the Tories but are worried Labour are weak on defence. Gaitskell has taken over the Labour Party after Bevan burned bridges with everyone in the party, which went through a round of soul searching after losing in 1945. Mosley is divisive but eking out a core vote. He’s certainly more popular than the Communists. A big fight is on over India, with Labour lambasting Churchill for trying to hold onto it despite the population wanting out; they are a lot less friendly to Italy as well.
I imagine Labour probably started reconsidering some stuff after the Wallace scandal blew up and the Warsaw nuke.

I imagine Labour probably started reconsidering some stuff after the Wallace scandal blew up and the Warsaw nuke.

Breathing a semi-positive word about the USSR in Gaitskell’s Labour Party is a death sentence. Clause Four is already on the chopping block.

Breathing a semi-positive word about the USSR in Gaitskell’s Labour Party is a death sentence. Clause Four is already on the chopping block.
That's going to lead to a quite different Labour Party. Also going to butterfly away the UK unions getting ever more radical and with that Thatchers Premiership. So there's bits to like for both sides.

Speaking of the UK: Did any of the Cambridge Five come forward after the nuking of Warsaw like Mrs Rosenberg did?

@Sorairo Congrats on this timeline getting to 100 pages!

giphy.gif

The Chinese War breaking out will be a factor here. The need to stop China falling may finally jog Churchill into letting India go; and for other Tories provide an honorable reason to cut the last pretense of Raj off.

Q: did you guys like the Orwell update? Because I might ask Sorairo if I can do more cultural sorta summary on famous people (such as Orwell) and their careers

Q: did you guys like the Orwell update? Because I might ask Sorairo if I can do more cultural sorta summary on famous people (such as Orwell) and their careers
I thought it was fantastic. I always enjoy seeing some of my favorite 20th century figures taking different paths in life in alternate TLs.

Dolan

Banned
Ironically in case the USSR will go awry, paradoxally those troops may be incorporated into the Serbian ones
For more irony, and veering into ASB territory, Tito end up successful in making a more or less stable and viable Democratic Communism in Serbia, which end up being successfully adopted in most Communist states. His aim is actually luring other Yugoslavian people to join the Serbian Communist paradise, but it ironically worked way too well.

Basically becoming the "Inverse Mao" of some sort, a successful Communist philosopher-theoretician whose projects ends up highly regarded in academic circles (while being suppressed like hell in Fascist block states).

Oh I really enjoyed it. ;)

For more irony, and veering into ASB territory, Tito end up successful in making a more or less stable and viable Democratic Communism in Serbia, which end up being successfully adopted in most Communist states. His aim is actually luring other Yugoslavian people to join the Serbian Communist paradise, but it ironically worked way too well.

Basically becoming the "Inverse Mao" of some sort, a successful Communist philosopher-theoretician whose projects ends up highly regarded in academic circles (while being suppressed like hell in Fascist block states).

Granted, in this case could only focus over Serbia. A Serbia which besides was really rump, I would actually fear who could come after him (always if Serbia won't be RA invaded after the fall of the USSR)...

It was good. The mentions of him predicting the fall of the soviet union and the second Israeli-Arab war were interesting, as well as his take on the three competing ideologies.