The Fire Never Dies: Labor's Star Ascendant

Very important one there

Also, I checked; Frank Fiegel was born in 1868 and died in 1947, thus he's probably very alive RN. And as a Navy man, he's gonna be extremely pissed too.

Why is this important, you might ask? Because Frank was the Real Life version and inspiration for a comic/cartoon character who became very famous later on and is still extremely popular today: Popeye the Sailor Man!
FKNLPnuUcAMhgBg.jpg:large

Also, I checked; Frank Fiegel was born in 1868 and died in 1947, thus he's probably very alive RN. And as a Navy man, he's gonna be extremely pissed too.

Why is this important, you might ask? Because Frank was the Real Life version and inspiration for a comic/cartoon character who became very famous later on and is still extremely popular today: Popeye the Sailor Man!
FKNLPnuUcAMhgBg.jpg:large
Well Pelley and the rest of the Klan are about to meet their doom

First we have to ask @Meshakhad if Frank is gonna make an appearance...
From my quick research, Frank Fiegel (not actually the guy in the photo) was not a sailor, but a bartender. Mr. Fiegel was recently elected general secretary of his bar.
What's the status of Sid hatfield ,bill Blizzard and Harry Simms in this TL ?
Sid Hatfield and Bill Blizzard both joined the Army of Knoxville. In fact, their respective battalions fought side-by side in the Shenandoah Offensive. Sadly, Hatfield was killed in May by an explosion at an ammo dump. Blizzard is still alive and well.

Harry Simms is looking forward to his seventh birthday in December ;).

Last edited:
From my quick research, Frank Fiegel (not actually the guy in the photo) was not a sailor, but a bartender. Mr. Fiegel was recently elected general secretary of his bar.
But you have to admit the idea of having the real Popeye fighting against the KKK was too cool to never address it even once.

So at this point the Whites hold around 10% of the old union
Considering the development, this "Second American Civil War" is getting very similar to the First. And see the KKK getting their asses handed to them? Beautiful.

It does remind me of the time when the Klan tried to take against the Italians of Vineland (New Jersey), where Italian-derived people were 20% of Vineland's population. The Italians ran the Klan out and its influence in Vineland disappeared overnight.

96. The Battle of Fort Meade
…Following the liberation of Annapolis, Red troops were poured into the city, pushing northwest towards Fort Meade. The objective was to link up with the Army of Cleveland and cut off Baltimore. There was some hope that the Whites would see Baltimore as the target and try to reinforce the city, depriving Washington of troops…

…Unfortunately, Simmons did not fall into this trap. Fanatical he might be, he recognized that Baltimore was being surrounded. He therefore ordered that all heavy weapons be withdrawn from the city, along with some of his KKK units. The US Army regulars, some of whom had been with the Army of the Chesapeake since its inception, would be left behind. Their job was not to save Baltimore but simply slow the Reds down…

…With little in the way of good fortifications to stop them, the troops from Annapolis reached Fort Meade on November 10. Fort Meade was new, more of a fortified camp, but it was still going to be a tough nut to crack. A massive railyard had been built in Odenton to produce armored trains. These would be employed largely as mobile bunkers, although their mobility was questionable given that coal was in short supply and Red bombers were not

…To the west, once he reached the town of Dickerson, near a bend in the Potomac, Bradley split the Army of Cleveland in two. A small force – including a battalion of armored cars – would proceed towards Fort Meade. The main force would stay on the south bank of the Potomac and advance on Arlington. If Bradley could secure Arlington, he could set up artillery batteries to threaten the heart of Washington…

…Fighting continued outside of the Potomac Basin. The Army of Memphis took Birmingham on November 7. The last remnants of the White Navy at Pensacola surrendered on November 13 after the fall of Mobile. Rumor said that the Governor of Florida was contemplating surrender. But the fighting raged on…

…On November 25, Fort Meade surrendered. This was in direct violation of orders from Simmons, who had decreed that no troops were to surrender, but that they should retreat if possible and fight to the death if not. But the garrison commander, Major Dwight Eisenhower, realized that retreat would only see his men bottled up in Washington or Baltimore. After the war, Eisenhower would emigrate to Germany…

- From Red Star Rising: A History of the Second American Revolution by Tom Clancy

Eisenhower in Germany feels....big? I don't know, maybe he just lingers and dies in obscurity but given the way it's been left off I wonder what Dwight'll get up to over there.