The Filipino-Singhasari Union

Beginning (2014-2023)
ATTENTION PLEASE!
This is an old version of the timeline! Since this TL CONTAINS POLITICS, by mentioning Benigno Aquino III, the former president of the Philippines, this belongs in Chat. Find the new version here.

So I have an alternate history scenario about this thing called the "Filipino-Singhasari Union".

So basically, this timeline is based on the Commonwealth of Liberty universe. Call it alternate history fanfiction. All lore that forms the base of this TL is accurate as of the Co of August 1. Retcons and loss of roleplays may occur over the years. Credits go to the two nations that form the majority of this timeline, Nusantara and the Philippines, roleplayed by NationStates players by the names of "Erarwati" and "Crazybloxian Empire" respectively. This timeline is not a plan for my future roleplays in the Commonwealth of Liberty, I will probably deviate from it in my future writings.

If you want Erarwati's discord just PM Lemuria, I need to trust you because I ain’t letting you guys spam him/her with friend requests.

What’s the Commonwealth of Liberty? A roleplaying group in this game called NationStates. I feel it’s relevant because they’re all about alternate history. Google them, I ain’t posting this link because some Big Brother-style weird spam detection system will delete this.

Care to summarize the timeline? Here you go. But beware, it may not be finished. Completion status is Not done. Additionally, I’m only writing up to events in 2023, to see if you all like it.

1293 would have been the collapse of the Singhasari, and it’s replacement by the Majapahit. However, the Singhasari remained in power, and would come to control all of IOTL Indonesia.

In 2014, the Philippines and Nusantara form an alliance each other. The Philippines joined the BRI, and what came was unprecendented and unspeakable levels of prosperity for the nation. With the additional pocket money, the Philippines underwent a national rejuvenation, funding economic growth programs, building high-speed rails, and much, much more. As time went by, the Philippines joined the Sangha Defense Collective, alongside Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia and many more countries

2015 was a sour year. After the 15th president of the Philippines, Benigno Aquino III, declared that he would annex Japanese-owned Sabah (IOTL Malaysia doesn’t exist) in the next 6 years, Japan became enraged, eventually lashing out with an attack on Zamboanga, leading to 714 military deaths.

2016 saw an 8% growth rate for the Filipino economy, alongside larger infastructure deals with Nusantara. Additionally, this same year saw the first Filipino-Nusantaran summit, and the approval of Arunakota, another port city next to the now-overcrowded Davao Port, oozing with Filipino and Nusantaran ships. At this point, the value of all Filipino and Nusantaran goods traded with each other hit $267 billion for Nusantara and $88 billion for the Philippines.

Both nations saw increases in economic growth throughout the remainder of the decade, until the rekindling of the Sabah dispute in 2020, leading to the Filipino-Japanese war. Immediately, the Philippines recieves military backing from both the United States and Nusantara, as in 2019, the government had been overthrown and replaced with a communist one.

The Philippine Navy, the Nusantaran Navy and the United States Navy meetup just 300 kilometers offshore from Tokyo, and form Battlegroup Tokyo, as 965,000 soldiers would prepare to descend upon Tokyo. Borneo immediately went under Filipino control, with the rest of it’s Borneo territories being captured by Nusantara.

Aggressors:
  • Philippines
  • Nusantara
  • United States
Defenders:
  • Japan
  • China (after 2023)
  • Hukbalahap(1)

Note 1: the Hukbalahap are a communist group operating in the Philippines. They only became active after 2023.

As Battlegroup Tokyo sailed ever closer to Tokyo itself, nearly 98,000 soldiers were killed by naval and aerial counterattacks from Japanese forces. Meanwhile, in Tokyo, Filipino and American pilots continued to battle Japanese airplanes as they bombed Tokyo to smithereens. Civillians were evacuated out of Manila, to Davao and many more cities within the range of Nusantara’s Indravarma Security Shield as Japanese forces descended upon Manila, still a tough force despite the nearly 490,000 soldiers defending Manila. Worldwide shipping was disrupted as the Strait of Malacca went into full lockdown in 2022, starving China of it’s imports and exports, it’s only option was to send products through the United States, but they were eventually barred from docking in American ports.

On February 7, 2022, the full might of Filipino, Nusantaran and American forces descended upon Tokyo, as the Battle of Tokyo began to rage in the surrounding areas. The once-famous Shinkansen collected dust, as shinkansen lines across the country were bombed and cut off by American and Filipino forces.

(Note: I will refer to Filipino, Nusantaran and American forces collectively as FAN forces now. Individual armies will still be called by their nationality.)

FAN forces also launched assaults on Osaka, Fukuoka, Hiroshima, Sendai, Sapporo, Kagoshima and many more large Japanese cities. Just as the war entered it’s third year, 2023, China, increasingly starved off by the Strait of Malacca lockdown, declares war on America, thus joining the Japanese side. Chinese forces overwhelmed the Spratly Islands, Northern Luzon and Borneo, and Malaya Watek (IOTL Western Malaysia), before FAN forces could mount a sufficient counterattack. By 2024, both the Philippines and Nusantara, starved by the war, form the emergency Filipino-Singhasari Union. The vastly different cultures of both countries complicated the union, but was largely irrelevant compared to the Asia War. Chinese forces launched nuclear missiles upon America, all of which failed, and 17 of which landed upon their own cities.

And that concludes 2023 of my TL. Do you like it?

Last edited:
Here's a link to that rule, @Lemuria: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/read-the-forum-header-no-current-politics.468458/

Since your TL starts in 2014, it counts as current politics, so that's why it belongs in Chat..
I agree with @Unknown . It would count however if your TL started in the past (let's say the beginning of American Independence) and your now reaching modern day. There is no problem with that, but you MUST NOT include any modern politicians, especially the ones who hold power to this day.

Just like what it says in the link that @Unknown gave. You can discuss the 2016 Election, but must not include any of the politicians that participated in it, unless the results come out differently (like WI Hillary wins, but that belongs in Chat.)

If your going to move the thread to that forum, all you need to do is to hit the report button. Type in that you posted in the wrong place and you wish to move to Chat. That will notify the moderators and they will happily transfer this thread for you.

Hope this helps.

Edit. And I love NationStates! I currently have a nation there. (Find me under the name "New Goldman") Region is 10000 Islands!

Last edited:
I agree with @Unknown . It would count however if your TL started in the past (let's say the beginning of American Independence) and your now reaching modern day. There is no problem with that, but you MUST NOT include any modern politicians, especially the ones who hold power to this day.

Just like what it says in the link that @Unknown gave. You can discuss the 2016 Election, but must not include any of the politicians that participated in it, unless the results come out differently (like WI Hillary wins, but that belongs in Chat.)

If your going to move the thread to that forum, all you need to do is to hit the report button. Type in that you posted in the wrong place and you wish to move to Chat. That will notify the moderators and they will happily transfer this thread for you.

Hope this helps.

Edit. And I love NationStates! I currently have a nation there. (Find me under the name "New Goldman") Region is 10000 Islands!
i decided to just publish a new thread, this is my first time on the site, please have some patience lol. Additionally, my TL mentions a Filipino politician, does it count as current politics?