Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Brisco

Banned
I read in book once how starving kid from US south asked a northern US soldier for food. “Hey dam yankee you have any food please”. He had been indoctrinated to associate northerners as dam yankee. He had no idea it was offensive. So too here would be these kids attitudes to Slavs and others.

Yeah, this is from one of Harry Turtledove's books.

Ye gods, Oskar Schindler really sank a knife into the Nazi's collective guts ITTL - not only did he successfully manage to get all of his Jews out of the Reich and eventually to America, but he ends up working for the CIA for more than 30 years, and finally to top it all off he turns over all the collected evidence he's acquired about the Nazis' crimes to Ian Kershaw (a leading historian and author who's noted for his biographies of Hitler and one of the leading experts on Hitler & Nazi Germany IOTL), who compiles it into a book that becomes a smash-hit best-seller - Methinks it will become as famous as The Diary of Anne Frank is IOTL. Now the rest of the world finally has real insider information about the Nazis crimes, including many of the high-ranking individuals who were involved in the planning and execution of said crimes, and methinks all decent, righteous people are going to not only be sickened and horrified but very, very pissed off and are going to make their feelings very well known - in particular 1,100+ Schindler's Jews and their descendants!

Job very well done Oskar... go now to your final reward.

Which is why I imagine the Ostern would be different from the Western in several key ways at the make it a distinct genre. While there'd be many parallels (Cowboy-Wehrbauer, Lebenstraum-Manifest Destiny, ,slow "civilizing"/pushing forward, Slavs to Native Americans, resource extraction and pastoral economies, a handful of towns connected across the underpopulated wildlands by rails with a handful of forts that provide the "cavalry" to keep order, ect.) they'd be colored by the differences in the Germanic and American socities and views of the world.
Big difference is what the Americans did was ethnic cleansing, what the Nazis did was straightforward genocide.

I am surprised that Amon Goeth became head of the Gestapo. OTL he got busted for corruption. He also wasn’t a Death Camp Commander like Rudolf Hoess or a major player like Odilo “Globus” Globocnik.
That SOB Heydrich would probably have a talent for finding and grooming killers in the SS. More than likely Goeth is a Heydrich yes-man. Once he took over the Gestapo Goeth would surround himself with smart yes-men who run the day to day business of the Gestapo. Goeth just signs off on whomever Heydrich wants dead that day.

How good is the Abwehr in this timeline? Schindler was working for the CIA for 30 years and never got caught?

xsampa

Banned
The main obstacle to Nazi ideology being taken seriously past the 70s and 80s is that non-white states are rising to prominence. Even Germany's allies in the Middle East, and somewhat allied states like China are clearly non-white. Eventually, some Nazi bureaucrat will realize that teaching children all non-Aryans are untermensch is going to be counterproductive to foreign policy. And before anyone argues with me over this point, it's not like the segregationist US allying with non-white states during the early years of the Cold War. Germany has successfully committed genocide against ~50 million people, and its allies will probably guess that. Who wants to ally with a country that believes to the core that _you_ are inferior and can destroy you with nuclear weapons, and has destroyed entire nations it considered inferior?

Indeed. Another factor that's going to be considered. "Taming" vs "Conquering" the frontier
The Americans were bloody, but they pale in comparison to the Nazis. I wonder if TTL is like Fatherland in which tens of thousands (possibly even more) partisans continue fighting the Nazi's and their settiers on the new frontier, as well as waging a bloody stalemate at the Urals with the Soviet Rump state.

I am surprised that Amon Goeth became head of the Gestapo. OTL he got busted for corruption.
Perhaps luck. Another thing to note that the only reason Oskar managed to save his Jewish workers and himself OTL and TTL is that Goeth helped him out of some kind of friendship, and bribes. Still hope Goeth gets shanked in some back alley in Russia, preferably by one of Schindler's Jews.

You know what'd be ironic? If those German settlers in the East would become more like Russian noblemen, who weren't necessarily good people, but weren't like nazis either.

One of the three superpowers in George Orwell's great book 1984, but what does that have to do with TTL?
Not that East Asia, he means the Eastern part of the Asian continent where China, Korea and Japan are located. Since Asia is divided between East Asia (China, Korea and Japan), South East Asia (Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Myanmar and Laos), Western Asia (Arab Countries and Iran), and South Asia (India, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Afghanistan).

I was joking. Should have added a smiley.

Back to topic: For the moment I just want to say that I liked Schindler's part. He got way too little respect IOTL, considered what he did.

But Schwarzenegger... IOTL his father was a nazi, and Arnold didn't like that.

Won't say anything about Reagan, Kohl and Merkel now.

But Schwarzenegger... IOTL his father was a nazi, and Arnold didn't like that.
Perhaps he could secretly keep his personal views hidden and go along with things.

Speaking of that, I did post earlier about what if there was a switch between Putin and Schwarzenegger where Putin immigrated to the US, becomes a US Actor and a Californian State Governor. Meanwhile Schwarznegger being in the SS and possibly becoming Head Leader of SS eventually becomes leader of a Post-Nazi Germany, much like how Putin was KGB.

Plus it's be even scarier seeing Putin be the Terminator. But pretty interesting seeing him play as Conan the Barbarian.

Last edited:
A bit like this? 12976590-EE3B-4145-901F-C70DF0B3CDE1.jpeg
Perhaps he could secretly keep his personal views hidden and go along with things.

Speaking of that, I did post earlier about what if there was a switch between Putin and Schwarzenegger where Putin immigrated to the US, becomes a US Actor and a Californian State Governor. Meanwhile Schwarznegger being in the SS and possibly becoming Head Leader of SS eventually becomes leader of a Post-Nazi Germany, much like how Putin was KGB.

Plus it's be even scarier seeing Putin be the Terminator. But pretty interesting seeing him play as Conan the Barbarian.

I feel like there's a lot of puns that could be made about the titles of Arnold's movies OTL and his ITTL Nazism. "

Kindergarten Cop? Tough RSHA-agent must pose as a kindergarten teacher in Münich suburbs in order to catch a Jew.

Twins? Arnie and his Italian sidekick slug it out with the Mob which is trying to smuggle narcotics with American sponsorship.

Jingle All The Way? Two Berlin dads try to catch the lates Überman action figure before it sells out at KaDeWe.

manav95

Banned
Honestly I wonder how these Nazi fucks are gonna lose. A direct war between the US and the Reich will lead to a nuclear winter neither side wants. And while the Reich is universally hated, it still has supreme control in it's own borders and is crushing the last opposition in the Catholic Church.

Perhaps luck. Another thing to note that the only reason Oskar managed to save his Jewish workers and himself OTL and TTL is that Goeth helped him out of some kind of friendship, and bribes. Still hope Goeth gets shanked in some back alley in Russia, preferably by one of Schindler's Jews.
Maybe after Schindler’s book came out Goeth became a guest in one of his own cells in the basement of Gestapo headquarters.

Status
Not open for further replies.