The Eternal City

CatalanKing

Banned
This is a TL me and @Kaiser_Jaeger will be working on in our free time. The basic premise is this: Damascus is perhaps the oldest city in history, yet there has never been a time when Damascus was a kingdom or empire. What if there was? Nabateans are perhaps the best choice for this and thus with them, Damascus shall rise."

First update will be posted tomorrow.

Chapter I: Founding of Demasik’o

CatalanKing

Banned
Demasik’o must prosper or I have not done my job.” - Dejen I, king of Demasik’o from 4950 BC - 4897 BC.

Thousands of years ago, there were only a handful of civilizations around, with the most significant being in Mēsopotamīya [1], Gibits’i [2], and ānatolīya [3]. However, there was a city that was inhabited before these civilizations came to be. This city, Demasik’o [4], is perhaps the most significant city in History due to who conquered it and how it's king's expanded the young city.

In 5070 BC, a large tribe of a group of people known as Nabatēnochi [5] found the city. These people, around 300-500 of them were exiles from the city of Shaqilat after their leader, Obodas, attempted to capture the city for himself. Obodas himself is an interesting figure in history, mainly because there was no record of him until then. It seems that Obodas was an opportunist at heart and was interested in doing what would most likely advance his plans. It's said in his record that the king of Shaqilat was angered by the attempted coup from Obodas and thus exiled him and those who followed him. The city of Shaqilat was most likely located in Northern Sorīya [6], on the banks of the ēfirat’isi [7] and most likely was destroyed in later centuries by Invaders. Back on to Obodas’ group, he would find the city of Demasik’o and almost immediately, he captured the city within minutes, usurped the original king of Demasik’o, and declared himself king of the City.

What followed next was a period of Nabatēnochi “colonization” for the city, turning it more friendly to Obodas, whom from now on is seen as Obodas I, king of Demasik’o, founder of the Fit’ireti [8] dynasty, savior of the Sorīyan Nabatēnochi. His reign would end in 5030 BC and following his death, his son, Rabbel, became Rabbel I at the age of 30. He would mainly continue what his father did. Colonize Demasik’o with more Nabatēnochi and thus his 40 year rule is pretty much disregarded by most historians of being a copy for Obodas I. When Rabbel I died in 4990 BC, no one knew who his successor was, but many assume he did the same thing as his predecessors. Rabbel’s grandson, Dejen [9], however would secede his rather forgotten father who's name history has sadly forgotten, at the ripe age of 20, in 4950 BC as Dejen I. It is said that when Dejen was only a few days old and was brought to the temple of the Yesēti āmilaki [10] of the spring and fertility, Allat, the sun shined down heavily on him. The K’ēsi [11] of the temple declared it a sign that Allat had given her approval for the young child and that his reign would bring untold prosperity to Demasik’o, and prosperity he did bring.

Under Dejen I's reign, a complex systems of Boyochi [12] was built in order to bring water to the city and thus help it prosper. The hills surrounding the city, while providing great defensive properties, was a hassle to work with but Dejen was able to get the canals built and in 4915 BC, Dejen’s most ambitious plan began and from its success, Demasik’o would become a grand center of population, an oasis in the Talak’u Bereha [13]. This project was declared the Rejimi Kanisēti [14] and it was planned to create a Boyochi stretching from Demasik’o to the river Oronitesi [15] in order to transport large amounts of water to the city. The few Nabatēnochi tribes they found we're able to convince to aid in the construction by Dejen and after 17 years, the Rejimi Kanisēti was finished, giving large amounts of water to the city and allowing the city to become far more populated and rich than under Obodas I and Rabbel I, thus fuelling a potential power in the city for the future.

Dejen would die in 4897 BC at the age of 73, his reign beginning what many historians agree to be the actual rise of Demasik’o and that without Dejen I, the city would've been just another city. Though Dejen's successors, like his 16 year old grandson who succeeded him, Aretas I, would be less well known than Dejen, after a few centuries, a descedent of Dejen would help create the first empire of Demasik’o, but that is a story for a later date.

DdwolvaYkTTA4NA3IEYPLQ7rrqjRVJK0Z4Zy6bWgrBC0Q6f1nEO2ckVnkn-EODM1pMiqH2qsilh7KKgR9HW0ALF1W9Iuc_hJt992_D9zSSyF0pjwM0CnSYDbgKbvGuC6zfAMTyxk

Tomb of Dejen I, whose reign would help put Demasik’o on the map

[1] - Mesopotamia

[2] - Egypt

[3] - Anatolia

[4] - Damascus

[5] - Nabateans

[6] - Syria

[7] - Euphrates

[8] - Creation (Basically, Obodas is saying his dynasty was the one to create Damascus... and he isn't wrong).

[9] - Name means Foundation, Support

[10] - Goddess

[11] - Priest

[12] - Canals

[13] - Literally Great Desert

[14] - Literally Long Canal

[15] - Orontes River

If you can't tell by now, the most important language of this Timeline is Amharic. I can already see people saying that it would never happen but we truly don't know much about the Nabateans and Amharic Is the closest surviving language that can be associated with them. Anyways, as stated earlier, me and Kaiser_Jaeger will work on this to end Writer's block, so expect updates to come very slowly for this Timeline. He will post the next update when he is ready. Until then, I hope to hear from you soon

At your service,

Catalanking

Last edited:
Hmm, but forgive me isn't this too early to have dynasties? I'm remembering 2900 BC is the beginning of the Dynasty period

From what I remember societies were run by priests at this of Mesopotamias history from what I remember

CatalanKing

Banned
Hmm, but forgive me isn't this too early to have dynasties? I'm remembering 2900 BC is the beginning of the Dynasty period

From what I remember societies were run by priests at this of Mesopotamias history from what I remember

Obodas I is a sly figure in Demasik’os history. He really just wants to rule for himself and ousted the "king" of Damascus (really a priest) and declared himself king. To make a long story short, Obodas doesn't like priests, is ambitious, and powe-hungry. This allowed him to be take over Damascus as a "king" with his dynasty. He simply told his followers were the descendents that he was the son of Manawat - the god of destiny or fate and thus they don't challenge it.

Of course, priests are still important part of ancient society as Dejen I had a few as ministers, but that is so minor when you think about the big picture, right?

At your service,

Catalanking

Obodas I is a sly figure in Demasik’os history. He really just wants to rule for himself and ousted the "king" of Damascus (really a priest) and declared himself king. To make a long story short, Obodas doesn't like priests, is ambitious, and powe-hungry. This allowed him to be take over Damascus as a "king" with his dynasty. He simply told his followers were the descendents that he was the son of Manawat - the god of destiny or fate and thus they don't challenge it.

Of course, priests are still important part of ancient society as Dejen I had a few as ministers, but that is so minor when you think about the big picture, right?

At your service,

Catalanking
Thanks, interesting...

I will wonder how long he would reign, what it sounds like he's going to get into a lots of trouble later on...

CatalanKing

Banned
Thanks, interesting...

One will wonder how long he would reign, what it sounds like he's going to get into a lots of trouble later on...

Obodas already died. He colonized Damascus with Nabateans loyal to him. Here is the current list of king's of Damascus so Far.

Kings of Damascus (Fit’ireti Dynasty):

Obodas I (5070 BC - 5030 BC)
Rabbel I (5030 BC - 4990 BC)
Unknown, son of Rabbel I (4990 BC - 4950 BC)
Dejen I (4950 BC - 4897 BC)
Aretas I (4897 BC - ?)

This isn't too say Obodas I wasn't hated by native Damascanites. They really hated him but his followers were fierce fighters and would kill anyone who went against him. I hope this answers it. :)

At your service,

Catalanking

Glimpse of Next Update written by Kaiser_Jaeger

CatalanKing

Banned
And there goes the dream of a united Gibist’si.” Feri’oni Jirati of Yetachinyawi Gibits’i upon killing Feri’oni Āsik’īnyi of Yelayinyawi Gibits’i, 3140 BC.

Chapter II: Yelayinyawi Gibits’i vs Yetachinyawi Gibits’i: Similar, yet different
Update Two - Written by @Kaiser_Jaeger and @CatalanKing

“And there goes the dream of a united Gibist’si.” Feri’oni Jirati of Yetachinyawi Gibits’i upon killing Feri’oni Āsik’īnyi of Yelayinyawi Gibits’i, 3140 BC.

In 3200 BC, the famous civilization of Gibits’i was split in twain: Yelayinyawi Gibits’i [1] and Yetachinyawi Gibits’i [2]. These two kingdoms had almost remarkably similar cultures and traditions. They shared the same writing system of horogilīfīkisi [3] and most importantly, they shared the same river, the ābayi [4]. Despite this, the two were separate kingdoms for a very mysterious reason, one that is lost to history.

However, there was a man in Yelayinyawi Gibits’i who wanted to unite the twain kingdoms. His name was Āsik’īnyi [5]. Becoming Feri’oni [6] of Yelayinyawi Gibits’i at the age of 32 in 3150 BC. He believed in the idea of a United Gibits’i and that such an kingdom would be stronger than any other for millennia to come. The only way to do this however, was conquest and thus he declared war on the Feri’oni of Yetachinyawi Gibits’i. His plan was to march north and quickly capture the kingdom's capital. All seemed lost, until a message arrived. A message the Feri’oni of Yetachinyawi Gibits’i had been waiting for.

ĀSIRA SOSITI LIGOCHI DEBUBI [7] OF MēMIFISI [8], YETACHINYAWI GIBITS’I

3140 BC

The Vizier's hurried footsteps left swirling clouds of dust in his wake. He was accompanied by Adojurê, a representative of the Kusa [9] Nigusi [10]. Their destination was the large structure in the center of the encampment; the battle pavilion. In the center of the pavilion was a table with several papyrus maps lain unrolled on its surface. Around the table stood the young Feri’oni Jirati and his three senior Jēnēralochi [11]. Jirati [12], Ruler of the Yetachinyawi, Chosen of Wich’ī [13], and Protector of the Dēlita [14], looked up from studying the maps as his Vizier, Ranubkheper entered the open sided tent with the darker skinned Kusa ambassador. Adojurê was a tall, well muscled man and dwarfed everyone around him.

When he spoke, his voice was a deep, yet smooth rumble tinged with the accent of the ruling class of the Yekushi [15] Empire. “My lord.” he said with a slight bow. “I bring a message from my Nigusi Utatrerses [16]. He has accepted your offer of an alliance to destroy the upstart known as Āsik’īnyi. He rides north with a vast army to aid you in the coming battle.” “That is wonderful news.” the Feri’oni replied. Looking back at the maps laid out on the table, he pointed to a spot not far from their camp. “Here is where we will meet them, and decide once and for all, which Gibits’i is the true ruler of the Ābayi ”

RTBt5nzRl0P52mavla6e3BEfBXx9Qo90ZCFFfcZ5Wd5X7NNfncEJPHf9ZQprUXn6FOJLvK-WGpvvw9on91rVuAbxwvFdsyj8zpY5MaC8tvFbC5w9q7Fe4ixPpVa_kAXnNYuAckgg

Feri’oni Āsik’īnyi of Yelayinyawi Gibits’i, his reign would see a short but disastrous war against Yetachinyawi Gibits’i and the Yekushi Empire

The alliance between Yetachinyawi Gibits’i and the Yekushi Empire secured the fact that Yelayinyawi Gibits’i would fight a two front war, one they couldn’t possibly win. Still, Āsik’īnyi was determined to fight and win. He also believed that he was such a great king that he would conquer both Yetachinyawi Gibits’i and the Yekushi Empire within only a few weeks in between. He determined that Yetachinyawi Gibits’i was the bigger and thus, with his 12,000 man army marched north. Meanwhile, Feri’oni Jirati had been able to amass a force of 10,000 men. In the Yebega [17] month of Senē [18], the two forces met on a flat desert on the banks of the fierce Ābayi. It was at this battle that the Fate of all Gibits’i was at play and here, everything would turn against Yelayinyawi Gibits’i.

BANKS OF THE ĀBAYI

SENE ? [19], 3140 BC

As the army massed on a small rise overlooking the plains below, the air was filled with the din of soldiers murmuring nervously to their neighbors and the huffing of the horses as they pawed at the dust. The opposing army formed a rough line in the distance. A figure wearing a Hedjet could be seen astride a riding on the back of a horse as white as his crown. Jirati narrowed his eyes and spat on the ground. “Āsik’īnyi today is your last”. He thought to himself. The son of Feri’oni Gīnit [20] had tested his boundaries far, far too much and it was time to put this insane āwirē [21] down. Jirati looked nervously to the distant horizon but did not see any sign of the 5,000 Yekushi men sent to join him.

Jirati straightened his blood red Deshret and gestured to his šeregela [22] driver. The driver urged the horses forward with a gentle flick of the reins and stopped several meters in front of the army. Jirati turned around to face his men, cleared his throat, and raised his voice so that all could hear and said “Today, we fight for our home! We fight for our families and friends!” he paused, searching for the right words. “But above all” he continued with his voice raising in volume “we fight for our freedom and the one true Gibist'si!” Jirati turned to face the horde to the south and raised his long spear. At his belt was a curved khopesh gilded with gold inlay. He sliced his weapon through the air and with a savage cry springing from ten thousand throats, the army surged forward.

The two armies met with the fearsome sounds of battle. The pounding of hooves, the clang of metal on metal, the agonized screams as metal met flesh. These all pounded in Jirati’s ears as he stabbed his spear at any who dared draw close to his chariot. He looked up as he pulled his spear from another fallen enemy and saw Āsik’īnyi. Their eyes locked and for a second all seemed to quiet. Then with a shout, Āsik’īnyi charged forward, spear raised. As he drew back his arm to throw the weapon at Jirati, he heard a falcon’s cry. He looked to the sky in awe as a flock of falcons so large it seemed to block the sun, flew over the clashing armies. One by one the falcons dove into the fray. Picking at eyes, ears, and necks. The startled cries of the Yelayinyawi army, who wore armor and cloth the color of their leaders crown, escalated into a panic as the Yekushi trained birds savagely ripped at any exposed flesh. Despite this, the white clad army pushed forward, slowly but surely driving back the northerners.

There was a distant battle cry in a language that Jirati did not at first recognize. Realization dawned, and with it a new hope. His men heard it too. They surged back against their attackers with renewed vigor. Knowing that the back line of the opposing army was crumbling to the surprise attack of the Yekushi army.

Despite the reinforcements, Jirati still worried that if Āsik’īnyi survived, his followers would not give up. “I have to cut the head off the snake. The rest will die with it” he thought to himself. Jirati’s chariot driver whipped the horses into a gallop, headed straight for Āsik’īnyi. The horses saw a dead soldier in their path, and leapt over the body. The chariot driver did not see the body until it was far too late. The chariot rolled over the body with a sickening crunch. The chariot bucked as the axle snapped, then flipped through the air. Jirati was thrown from the chariot and landed landed hard. He stumbled to his feet and checked himself for any major injuries. Seeing none he realized his driver was nowhere to be seen. Jirati spotted the wreckage a few meters away and ran to it. He saw the mangled body of his driver crushed to a gorey pulp between the chariot and the sand. Jirati stood and grabbed spear from the chest of a nearby corpse. He slowly turned, scanning the seething mass of men, horses, and birds. He spotted Āsik’īnyi. He was attempting to fight off one of the falcons, and keep his men from fleeing. The Yekushi army was wreaking havoc on the back line of his army. Jirati, seeing an opportunity that may not present itself again, ran forward and with all his might, and a quick prayer to the gods, he hurled his spear at the southern Feri’oni.

The spear missed of course. The two Feri’oni were much too distant from each other. Āsik’īnyi turned, searching for the source of the weapon that had nearly ended his life. He spotted Jirati and began to hack through the crowd to reach him. Jirati drew his long and slender khopesh and readied himself. Āsik’īnyi also wielded a khopesh, his was shorter and heavier than Jirati’s. Āsik’īnyi pushed through the chaos of the battle and finally reached the small clearing that Jirati was standing in. Āsik’īnyi spun and his sword parted the air where his foes knees had been a moment before. Jirati danced backward and brought his own sword down in an overhead swing, his sword met Āsik’īnyi’s with a resounding clang. The two foes swords locked together as each fought for control. Āsik’īnyi wrenched with all his might on the entwined weapons and sent Jirati’s sword skidding through the dust. Jirati scrambled backwards to avoid the onslaught of blows that Āsik’īnyi rained down. Jirati glanced behind him and saw an arrowhead gleaming in the dirt. He continued backwards, his hands grasping for salvation.

He reached it, grabbed it and lunged forward driving the arrow head through Āsik’īnyi’s throat. Āsik’īnyi gurgled as blood ran out around the arrow lodged in his throat. He fell to his knees and then to the ground where he twitched once, twice, then fell still.

n8d9Mw7EKKPbNgjp2ITSddo3Pr39_gDCY6Qx1RxyZLflrSAFZgELeTY6GvuIv8GBoUZZamFZIRX8qOThubefN6-UkqIAJtZ3yCVNXycmU4PB-6Xkvw5CDru2Bz-7KRiDSOEXn2WB

The Location of the battle that decided the fate of Gibits’i is colored in Orange and is titled after the city that was founded after the defeat and death of Āsik’īnyi in the battle.

Following Āsik’īnyi’s death, his force of 12,000 was crushed between the hammer of the Yetachinya šeregela [23] and the anvil of the Yekushi K’esitenyochi [24]. The following offensive would see Tīni [25] be captured by Yetachinyawi Gibits’i by the month of Neḥāsē [26]. When the last of the forces loyal to Āsik’īnyi were put down, the Yekushi Empire was granted the lands of Debubawī [27] Yelayinyawi Gibits’i. Āsik’īnyi’s son and named successor Ho-Hāha [28] was faced with a conflict he couldn’t win, and fearing for his life and the lives of his family, took them and fled east into the Levant. He knew that though Jirati had slain his father in battle, he was a weak leader. Ho-Hāha knew that the time would come for the rightful rulers of Gibits’i to reclaim what was stolen. Feri’oni Jirati and Nigusi Utatrerses met on the first of Mesikeremi [29] in Thebes, the old capital of Yelayinyawi Gibits’i. The two leaders agreed to split the land of Yelayinyawi Gibits’i. The Yekushi would keep the lands of the Debubawī that they already had occupied, and Yetachinyawi Gibits’i would occupy the lands of the Semēni [30]. The two great powers agreed that consolidating their power was in their best interests. The Yekushi Emperor had a daughter, whom he wed to Jirati. Their son and his descendants would rule over the union of nations for millennia to come.

After the transitions were finalized, Jirati held a celebration in Mēmifīsi. To the south, in the Yekushi Empire, ancient celebrations were held to commemorate the destruction of their enemy. After the feasts, large processions set out from Mēmifīsi and Mēro [31]. The Yekushi Nigusi and the Gibits’i Feri’oni met at the sight of the battle. Jirati declared that the ground where Āsik’īnyi was slain would be the home to a new city. A city built on the banks of the Ābayi called Jiratikan, in celebration of his triumph [32]. The city, in all its splendor took three generations to complete. All the while, distant men on horses overlooked the progress. Always returning to Demasik’o to report on the growth of their southern neighbor. When it was finished, its opulence and splendor dwarfed that of any other city. But alas, nothing lasts forever. The great city of Jiratikan, and the whole of the Royali Gibits’i Yikushi Hibireti [33] were lost to the sands of time. That is, many many years into the future. A team of ārikī’olojīsitochi [34] were combing the banks of the Ābayi. One ārikī’olojīsitochi spotted a strange structure poking up from beneath the sands. After much excavation, the lost city of Jiratikan and its massive pyramids were unearthed, and with it, the legends of the Feri’oni and the Royali Gibits’i Yekushi Hibireti.

Previously, it was thought that the Kushishi originated in 2000 BC, but further investigations by the ārikī’olojīsitochi that unearthed Jiratikan, led to the discovery of Yekushi artifacts dating back to 3200 BC, thus confirming the idea created by Yetarīki Balemuyawochi [35] that it was the Yekushi Empire that aided in the destruction of Yelayinyawi Gibits’i and not a random desert tribe. For centuries, the two kingdoms would be as one. However, when a rival from the Semēni [36] appeared, the Yekushi would seize the oppurtunity and betray their northern neighbor.

That is a tale for later however, as in Demasik’o, a power was rising and with it, all of the Mat’enit’enya [37] would tremble.

ZDMq42muihIr_dHyZ5K0zKdyTVI_SLNwfCF7kfNGPKEZndLlHWMQZAK4Ge7KCX1IfJJI7DBfWXnvN1jS9cf0kdA3z51d0klxBDCwupGlIyXfbqmvsOo8v7V-HpbWgV8w2SRwSbao

The Lands of the Royali Gibits’i Yikushi Hibireti After the Victory at Jiratikan

[1] - Upper Egypt

[2] - Lower Egypt

[3] - Hieroglyphics

[4] - Nile

[5] - Namur

[6] - Pharaoh

[7] - Thirteen Leagues South

[8] - Memphis

[9] - Kushan

[10] - King

[11] - Generals

[12] - We don't know who the king of OTL Lower Egypt, so this guy is a product of Imagination. His name is Astes in the native Egyptian language.

[13] - Ra

[14] - Delta, as in Nile Delta

[15] Kushan Empire

[16] - Utatrerses, king of Kush

[17] - summer

[17] - June

[18] - the day is unknown, as it wasn’t recorded correctly or the records were destroyed by what happens in the future

[19] - Scorpion, though we really don’t know who came between Narmer.

[21] - Beast

[22] - Chariots

[23] - Lower Egyptian

[24] - Archers

[25] - Thinis

[26] - August

[27] - Southern

[28] - Hor-Aha

[29] - September

[30] - Northern Upper Egypt

[31] Kush capital

[32] - Jirati is a bit of a narcissist and since we don't know much about how Egyptian cities were founded, I decided it was a good idea to put it like this.

[33] - Royal Egyptian Kushan Union, which Lower Egypt and the Kush Empire became after the death of Narmer

[34] - archaeologists

[35] - Historians

[36] - North

[37] - The Levant

For the whole narrative things, they would pronounce things the regular Egyptian way but for consistency, as Amharic People are piecing together this story, everything is Amharic.

This is a very interesting start. I wonder, though, what developments have advanced the formation of city-states (and, reading between the lines, writing) by about 1500 years. The archaeological evidence suggest that Damascus was inhabited in the 5th millennium BC and even before, but that it was a village until sometime in the 3rd millennium. In this timeline, has the 8.2-kiloyear event provided the impetus for urbanization that the 5.9-kiloyear event provided IOTL?

CatalanKing

Banned
This is a very interesting start. I wonder, though, what developments have advanced the formation of city-states (and, reading between the lines, writing) by about 1500 years. The archaeological evidence suggest that Damascus was inhabited in the 5th millennium BC and even before, but that it was a village until sometime in the 3rd millennium. In this timeline, has the 8.2-kiloyear event provided the impetus for urbanization that the 5.9-kiloyear event provided IOTL?

yes.

CatalanKing

Banned
Why do people in modern Syria speak Amharic, an Ethiopian language? Would it be Aramaic?

I think the Nabateans did speak Amharic for some time. Plus, there is Google translate for it. If there was an Aramic language translator, we would use it though.

Chapter III: Yedemasik’o āgezazi

CatalanKing

Banned
Demasik’o will expand. It must expand, or we will be vulnerable to our enemies!” Dula I, king of Demasik’o from 1976 BC - 1898 BC, his reign would see the rise of the 1st Lēnitatani Empire

Demasik’o had prospered after the reign of king Dejen I. More canals were built, roads were created, trade poured into the city. Dejen’s dream had become true in that Demasik’o had become a true desert oasis city, having enough water to create a mini forest for the city while a large lake that could be swam in was created. Of course, there was a problem with such a wealthy city. When one acquires such wealth, there are those whom want to take such wealth. In 2976 BC, a large group of Yebereha Balich’utochi [1] assaulted the city and after a short pay, the king at the time, Gedeyon [2] II, was forced to give most of the city’s wealth to the Balich’utochi in order to keep the entire city from being destroyed. 20 years later, the Yebereha Balich’utochi came again and this time, they were paid outside to city to spare it from their wrath. From that moment on, Demasik’o would pay a large group of around 1,000 Yebereha Balich’utochi to not destroy the city. This would continue until 2216 BC, when the king at the time Getachew IV [3] paid the Dibidebawochi [4] one final time then stated that although his forefathers had paid the Dibidebawochi, he would challenge . This was followed by the king stating that if the Dibidebawochi came again in 20 years, they would face the spears of Demasik’o.

The bandit leader simply laughed and, despite his name being lost to history, famously said, “My forefathers have raided this city, yes, but we protect you for the tribute. If you get rid of us, you will be free, yes, but then another group of Yebereha Balich’utochi would take their place and they might not be as merciful. So I ask you, do you want to risk such a thing?” Then he left. Getachew IV gathered his advisors and priests, all of whom stated that they could not fight against such odds. Getachow knew this was just fear-mongering. Demasik’o had a population of 12,000 at this time and had a sizable manpower pool of 3,000. However, these men needed someone to train them and Demasik’o needed an weaponsmith and armoursmith to create what was needed. Getachow, for the first time in the city’s history, sent envoys across the area to learn how to craft weapons and armour. After 10 years, these envoys returned and gave Getachow the knowledge of what was needed. Several smiths popped up across the city and soon enough armour, chariots, bows, arrows, shields, swords, and spears was created for the city to start training an army.

In Giniboti [5] of 2096 BC, Getachow IV led his force of 3,000 and in a short battle, the Dakarikasitochi [6] won a great victory that secured their freedom, with the Dibidebawochi Leader and his son being beheaded for raiding and taking advantage of the city for so many generations. With that out of the way, an entire month of celebrations took place, in which Getachow IV’s heir, Lemma II [7] was conceived. When Getachow IV died in 2030 BC, Lemma II had big shoes to fill and sadly, he was not able to improve what his father had done, though the population of Demasik’o had tripled in size during his reign. When Lemma II died in 1976 BC, he left behind a rotting military and an ever expanding city to his son Dula I [8]. Dula, becoming king at the age of 12, had a lot on his plate when he became king but perhaps that is what every great man needs from time to time.

dJOQbVWIMcZDrBF82n5jJ7aseIFxY_uX5Hc3nbjniDOvZBSCKOkSUhU5R_Jz6_tcod02e8ZCPGEV4A1H_pST7c2TtFaYSg6TjYNvvYN_co3aXrkV6mApizq9TaFtbbvvEfgerOFw

Bust of Getachew IV, who started the Dekakani [9] military in the hopes of keeping Demasik’o safe from hostile Dibidebawochi

Dula I was faced with a great challenge. Around 9,000 Dibidebawochi had gathered during Lemma II’s reign as Dekakani military power declined. The military of Demasik’o had rotted into a shell of it’s former self due to neglect during Lemma II’s reign. Dula quickly convinced all of his manpower in the city, consisting of 12,000 men, to sign up for the military while also using his the city’s vast wealth that it had gathered during the reign of Lema II to rebuild the smiths that went dormant in 2030 BC. He was able to defeat the Dibidebawochi in the month of T’ik’imiti [10] and captured the survivors of the battle. There, he gave them a choice. To join Demasik’o or to be executed. The survivors choose the former. Of course, Dula knew that he would not be able to allow Demasik’o to be at the whim of Dibidebawochi or future enemies and thus he believed it was time to expand.

He first marched northwards, using the former Dibidebawochi as guides to not get lost in the vast deserts of Sorīya and there, he found the city that his ancestor Obodas was from. Shaqilat, a city that had fallen into somewhat great disrepair during the time from Obodas I being exiled from it to Dula I finding and conquering it for Himself. The city did somewhat resist and this would result in it’s destruction by fire. Immediately afterwards however, Dula founded a new city, Wenizi [11], to take it’s place. The city was the first official “colony” of Demasik’o and this was followed by a series of canals being built to aid in the construction and habitation of the city. From the Banks of the ēfirat’isi, the city appeared and slowly, it began to rise.

Dulan would follow this after 13 years by marching west in 1961 BC once Wenizi had neared completion. There, Dulan’s force encountered several people. These people said they were from a city on the coast called Ugarīti [12] and stated that they were willing to see Demasik’o as a tributary of theirs. Dula I did what any man would do and killed all but one of the Yugarītīki [13] envoys and told the final one to spread what had happened to them back to his homeland. Needless to say, a battle that truly is not major in any real way happened as the Yugarītīki forces were far smaller than his and thus they were crushed. Immediately, Dula declared yet another new city was to be built on the site of the battle. This City, named Dili ādiragīwi Ketema [14]. Following this, Dula I followed the the Rejimi Kanisēti from the reign of Dejen I and on the banks of the river Oronitesi. This city, called ādīsi Demasik’o [15], was to serve as the best defense to the Rejimi Kanisēti, keeping the water supply to Demasik’o safe. The Following year, Dula I marched to the city of Ugarīti itself. When he arrived, prepared for battle, he was greeted by several Yugarītīki emissaries who requested the city be spared bloodshed and instead wanted the city to go under the direct rule of Demasik’o. It was clear which of the two were superior.

Dula I, however, had a better idea and allowed the city to survive as it's own separate entity, as a puppet. He declared the Yebahiri Daricha Ye’āshanigulīti Menigišiti Ugarīti [16] to serve as a kingdom to serve the interests on the coast of the Mēditiraniyani Bahiri [17]. Dula would then march north and found one last city. This City, on the coast of the Mēditiraniyani Bahiri, was to be called Mamokar, named after his first son Mamo [18] who was born in 1970 BC when Dula I was 18 years of age. With the creation of this city in 1959 BC, Dula declared the Lēnitatani [19] Empire and with it, the end of the Fit’ireti Dynasty, which had started with Obodas I. The Dynasty that replaced it was the T’orenya Diguši [20] Dynasty, with Dula I Himself as the founder of it.

In the years following the establishment of the empire, Ugarīti Colonized two locations on the coast. The first, ādīsi Ugarit [21], was founded on the border between the Yebahiri Daricha Ye’āshanigulīti Menigišiti Ugarīti and Fīnīshiya [22] while the second City, Kolonīyali Kapītali [23] in Fīnīshiya itself. For 5 years, the two regions waged war until Dula I intervened and forced Foneshiyani [24] cities in the Semēni to obey Yugarītīki control.

This was followed by Dula declaring the Dulanic Code, a series of laws that created the idea of fair and speedy trials, the idea of an fine in the case of a minor felony and death for a really major crime. Dula then instituted a series of Military ideas that increased the Military supremacy of Demasik’o. This code enforced the idea of discipline in the military and set a series of ranks based on experience. Finally, multiple military schools were funded by the king Himself. Under Dula I, it Seemed Demasik’o was unstoppable and prosperity not seen since Dejen I had arrived to the city, now an Empire. The Ye’āmiliko Ketemawochi Menigedi [25] was created in 1932 BC and connected all cities from Mamokar to Demasik’o. The Empire was now vastly connected and was one trading and prospering all at once.

OOo9fhyVDACwHsTJegIgSs6B8utlgzlJdCwswhflOZk9-JikcK0UK7P2U1geej3qsCLlTUW_xCK6qRuqrFgjNQ7QD8bhe8hOA9njrjr3sYPEMPAEeVrQkuibWoSrdsdXLETqq2Af

Map Showing the 1st Lēnitatani Empire (in Red) and Yebahiri Daricha Ye’āshanigulīti Menigišiti Ugarīti (in blue), showing the power Demasik’o gained under Dula I

Dula I’s reign couldn’t Last Forever and thus he died at the age of 90 in 1898 BC, leaving behind his successor, not a Li‘uli [26] like other monarchs before him had done, but instead a Li‘iliti [27] to continue his legacy. This Li‘iliti was Dula’s Great-Great-Great Granddaughter, after his Great-Great Grandson, the Talak’i Li‘uli [28], Ezera [29], died just 9 months prior. It is said that Dula would speak to this 16 year old girl for 3 hours on his death all alone about the responsibility she would now have. 3 days later, Dula I died.

Immediately, the new Nigisiti [30], Hosanna I [31], declared a month of mourning for her predecessor. After this Month, a procession lasting several Hours happened in which Dula was finally placed in his tomb in Ketema. Hosanna would follow this by meeting the current Talak’u Feri‘oni [32], Nēfērīwochi II [33] and would create an alliance between the two empires. This was followed by Hosanna convincing Nēfērīwochi II to allow her to wed his 3rd son, Konimerihopi [34]. The Talak’u Feri’oni originally wanted it to be a regular Marriage, but Hosanna convinced him to do it Be’inati Inati širiwe Menigišiti Bekuli [35]. In the Month of Megabīti [36], they would and within nine months, Dula’s Great-Great-Great-Great Grandson and Hosanna’s son was born. He was named Zewedu [37] in honor of his ancestor. These two would continue to expand Demasik’os influence for years to come, with Hosanna being known as Hosana the T’ibebenya [38]. Dula I would go down as Dula the Teleki [39] in honor of his monumental success and how long he ruled. As Demasik’o grew, so would the future of history.

[1] - Desert Bandits

[2] - Annihilater

[3] - Leader of Men

[4] - Bandits

[5] - May

[6] - Damascans

[7] - name meaning great growth

[8] -name meaning King

[9] - Damascan

[10] - October

[11] - River City

[12] - Ugarit

[13] - Ugaritic

[14] - City of the Conqueror, where OTL Homs is

[15] - New Damascus

[16] - Coastal puppet Kingdom of Ugarit

[17] - Medditernean Sea

[18] - meaning Young Boy

[19] - Levant

[20] - Warrior King

[21] - New Ugarit

[22] - Phoenicia

[23] - Colonial City, OTL Beirut

[24] - Phoenician

[25] - Road of the Empire's Cities

[26] - Prince

[27] - Princess

[28] - Grand Prince, what the Lēnitatani Empire called their heirs

[29] - Meaning Helper

[30] - Empress

[31] - Meaning Glory

[32] - Grand Pharaoh, what the Royali Gibits’i Yekushi Hibireti calls their leader

[33] - Nepherites

[34] - Khnumhotep

[35] - by way of Mother dynasty, basically a matrilineal marriage

[36] - March

[37] - Meaning Crown

[38] - Wise

[39] - Great

Tada. Chapter III is finished. I would like to thank my Partner in making this TL, Kaiser_Jaeger, for making the Map. It is really good and perhaps he could become a famous drawer one day. What did you think of this update and what would you like to see next? We can’t wait to hear your thoughts. At Your Service, CatalanKing