Wow! Boyd, that's a lot of double deck cars! This is probably one of my favorite posts of yours, so much love to the LD trains.

How do you think Amtrak's freight and express business is looking in your universe? Would lower tier trains start looking like mixed-trains with various boxcars and roadrailers as they were in the 90s?

Wow! Boyd, that's a lot of double deck cars! This is probably one of my favorite posts of yours, so much love to the LD trains.

Thank @TheMann for that. He's allowing me to incorporate his ideas.

How do you think Amtrak's freight and express business is looking in your universe? Would lower tier trains start looking like mixed-trains with various boxcars and roadrailers as they were in the 90s?

I thought of AMTK mostly being passengers and mail. If there is a freight road, I would be my take on Conrail, which would mostly just be the PRR and Milwaukee Road

Ah ok, I just read a few pages of his Milk and Honey TL and saw his original postings.

The designs are similar (I changed the Challenger cars from the Bombardier Multilevel design to the Kawasaki MARC III design because the latter is much neater in appearance) but I hashed out the numbers with an eye to Amtrak being able to run 3x the number of locomotive-hauled consists and maintain its service quality.

Current plans for pre-Amtrak passenger rail

In response to Israel's formation, and outraged Middle East coalition embargoes to the west. As such, car culture became dramatically mitigated compared to OTL. Leading more people back to the trains.

As such, passenger rail in general managed to stay afloat with much involvement from Amtrak until the 1980s. Even then, most major railroads liek the Santa Fe keep at least their most famous passenger trains.

The ATSF was the last to surrender passenger service to Amtrak in 1996. The last days of their passenger services were chronicled in the Jarrett-School Productions Video Santa Fe Chief Memories. The final run of the Super Chief would be relayed by three steam engines, 4-8-4 3751 from Los Angeles to Belen; 2-10-4 5030 from Belen to Kansas City via Trinidad and Whichita; then ex-Frisco 4-8-2 1522 from Kansas City to Peoria and Chicago.

I have just completed a map of the Amtrak I have envisioned for TTL.

Attachments

• Alt AMTK California.jpg
    Alt AMTK California.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 312
  • Alt AMTK florida.jpg
    Alt AMTK florida.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 322
  • Alt AMTK Texas.jpg
    Alt AMTK Texas.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 356
Mainline Steam Excursions: Part 2

Here are some details on some mainline steam excursion stars not associated with any specific railroads.

Grand Trunk Western
The Grand Trunk occasionally operates excursions with 4-6-2 #5629. In 1975, they bought the engine from Richard Jensen, then operated it on a series of excursions. Eventually, the locomotive made its way to the Chicago Railroad Institute's Museum and facilities in Dearborn Station. Today, it still runs on GTW and other Midwest rails. Also present at times are 2-8-2 #4070 and 4-8-4 #6325.

Toledo, Peoria, and Western
Jointly owned by the AT&SF and PRR, the TP&W operates their 4-8-4 #85 regularly on excursions out of Peoria. Often staying on home rails, but also at times going as far as Cincinnati in the east and Kansas City in the West.

Hi @Andrew, here´s the paint shcemes on bullet trains that you have ask. Here we go... And have some bonus images to you think...

Attachments

• ICE-3 Southern Pacific.png
    ICE-3 Southern Pacific.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 347
  • Shinkansen 500 Acela PRR.png
    Shinkansen 500 Acela PRR.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 443
  • TGV Texas Central.png
    TGV Texas Central.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 494
  • Velaro ACL Sunshine State.png
    Velaro ACL Sunshine State.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 373
  • Velaro Amtrak Midwest.png
    Velaro Amtrak Midwest.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 364
  • Velaro Amtrak Southeast.png
    Velaro Amtrak Southeast.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 322
  • TGV.png
    TGV.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 337
  • Turbotrain Great Midwest.png
    Turbotrain Great Midwest.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 326
Popular Railfan areas in the latter day steam era: 1940s-60s

Belen, New Mexico
In the closing days of Santa Fe steam service, the yards at Belen were an amazing place to be. The Santa Fe had recently completed re-routing their mainline via Santa Fe at the time. Which meant that further north there were magnificent grades to see battled. Of main note were the massive 4-8-4s and 2-10-4s which slugged out of the yards all day. As well as a handful of native and former Frisco Mikados.

Will be updated.

I forgot to mention my idea for the Burlington Route ITTL.

A series of financial issues leads to the line becoming ownedd jointly by the GN/NP and MoPac. Despite the former having its own line to Chicago, I still has stake to reach Omaha and Denver via Billings.

To the point the Burlington can still run their own locomotives and rolling stock.

Likewise, the Rio Grande operate semi-independently until sometime in the 21st century. With the Western Pacific being part of TTL's Rio Grande.

@TheMann

Any thoughts on my current Amttrak Midwest feeders? I plan to extend the Lafayette- Duluith one to Ft. Wayne via Peru and Logansport. As for one thing, the latter would ITTL be home of the Nickel Plate 587. Which ITTL runs excursions to Indy, Noblesville and Kokomo via former interurban track.