The Empire Parnell Built

It's also interesting that there's an executive monarchy- how did that come about, and what powers does the queen actually have/exercise?

Is that an independent Quebec I see?

What a world, where Quebec is independent but India isn't
It certainly is - Quebec threw off the cruel Anglophone yoke in 1999...

It's also interesting that there's an executive monarchy- how did that come about, and what powers does the queen actually have/exercise?
In formal terms, the monarchy doesn't really have any more power than OTL - it's just more well known that they exercise informal power behind the scenes, particularly when setting policy in the privy council. Also, the various Governors General are much more active in contemporary politics and high level royals continue to hold those posts (e.g. Prince William was Governor General of New South Wales from 2012-2017 and Prince Harry has been Governor General of Canada since 2021).

Plan for the TL going forward
So, with those boxes out of the way, going forward I'm going to be putting up election and war wiki-boxes but in a generally chronological order. This will (hopefully) keep the narrative suspenseful while also meaning this remains very much a maps and graphics TL. With that in mind, these are the countries I will be focusing on:

British Empire
  • Great Britain (1880 onwards)
  • Ireland (1887 onwards)
  • India (1919 onwards)
  • Canada (1921 onwards)
  • South Africa (1948 onwards)

Europe
  • France (1874 onwards)
  • Germany (1917 onwards)
  • Russia (1918 onwards)
  • Habsburg Empire (1919 onwards)

Asia
  • China (1904-5 onwards)
  • Palestine (1936 onwards)
  • Japan (1945 onwards)

Americas
  • Brazil (1889 onwards)
  • Argentina (1889 onwards)
  • United States (1912 onwards - yes this is another 'Teddy wins in 1912' TL but it gets odd pretty fast)

Africa
  • Angola (1933 onwards)
  • Kongo (1946 onwards)
  • Mali (1957 onwards)
I won't just be covering them, of course, but they're the main countries where I'll posting infoboxes on their leaders, elections, referendums, revolutions etc. Maps will be sprinkled throughout, as relevant.

Oh, I should also add that some of you might have spotted that there is a discrepancy between the population and area of the Empire in its country wiki box and in the list of largest economies. That's just my stupidity in posting stuff before I'd finalised all my ideas - please use the info in the country wiki box as definitive.

No typo - Belfast and Dublin become OTL Seoul-esque industrial megacities and draw in migrants from around the Empire and Europe
That just doesn't feel right. Anything pushing 10-12 million or more always feels like too much, seeing as how most of the usable land is concentrated in the east and we're not exactly the most resource rich country either

I must say, Ireland having such a large population is fairly ridiculous. For the simple reason of why? Why would Belfast and Dublin become "Seoul-esque industrial megacities" Given the Empire's size, placing them in Australia, if they're going to exist at all, would make more sense. At least the resources are there.

So Australia is dismembered in this reality, but India isn't? How does the British empire simply not become Indian with the amount of clout they must have? Thats kinda unrealistic the British would've allowed this at the time. More likely split it into smaller nations

So Australia is dismembered in this reality, but India isn't? How does the British empire simply not become Indian with the amount of clout they must have? Thats kinda unrealistic the British would've allowed this at the time. More likely split it into smaller nations
Australia isn't dismembered as such - they just never federate into a Commonwealth. As for India, what makes you think the Empire hasn't 'become Indian'?

France: 1874 election
Technically before the POD but forgiveness is begged from the AH gods

Screenshot 2021-03-14 at 21.28.19.png

What the hell happened in Europe to make Yugoslavia have a top ten revenue soccer league? At this rate I'm expecting half of Europe to be a dead zone of some kind.

What the hell happened in Europe to make Yugoslavia have a top ten revenue soccer league? At this rate I'm expecting half of Europe to be a dead zone of some kind.
Real tough times for Western Europe combined with a generally more hospitable economic climate in Brazil and Argentina (especially). It'll all become clearer eventually.

This really looks like a wack world
Can't tell if this is meant as a compliment or not...

Real tough times for Western Europe combined with a generally more hospitable economic climate in Brazil and Argentina (especially). It'll all become clearer eventually.
Rough times indeed, the only country in Europe outside Britian that seems to be doing ok is Danubia. Everywhere else seems to be varying levels of poor to failed state so far.