The Empire Parnell Built

What does INL mean, please?

The ILPU is this, I assume:

INL stands for "Irish National League" - like its OTL namesake it stands for broadly the same kind of reforming liberal nationalism as the IPP but has a great antipathy for Parnell. Unlike OTL, TTL's Parnell has kept his health and his status as the guy who peacefully delivered legislative independence allows him to keep his job.

TTL's ILPU is an outgrowth of the OTL body - by this time TTL it's basically the party of the Protestant Ascendency and anyone who is turned off by the INL's and IPP's nationalism.

Argentina: 1900 election
Screenshot 2021-05-19 at 08.43.04.png

You say that as if we don't want Brazilian election posts anyway. :p

That turnout though...Is that of all adults, or just of those eligible to vote?
It’s of all adults. Eligible voters are about 25% of the population (I.e. the richest half of the male population). In practice, various voter suppression tactics keep the voters to the top 33% of the male population for most elections

It’s of all adults. Eligible voters are about 25% of the population (I.e. the richest half of the male population). In practice, various voter suppression tactics keep the voters to the top 33% of the male population for most elections
I'm going to go out on a limb here, and suggest that just maybe epidermal melanin concentration is a contributing factor here.

I'm sorry but how exactly? Even with I'm assuming a continued 100 days reforms the Qing wouldn't have been able to pull this off given the timeframe of the PoD. Even with an early death of Cixi that doesn't get rid of the conservative faction, if anything they'd likely end up starting an open rebellion if she's dead, which IIRC that was the majority of the court the Emperor would be in for a very bad time.

Wow; this seems like a nice timeline I just discovered!

I do wonder; how is the Indian and Burmese economies performing TTL?

I get the vibe based on the infoboxes viewed that the Indian Economy TTL is sort of like OTL "China-ish?" so left behind from Britain but stronger than OTL?

Last edited: