The Empire Parnell Built

Yes. I don't know anything about his OTL political preferences (for obvious reasons he doesn't broadcast them) so I will admit to having made them up to fit the story
As far as I can tell the Aisin Goro family today are genuine Communists (in a CPC sense) but somehow I doubt that would be the case here.

Yeah, a couple of them are apparatchiks in the CCP OTL, which I've chosen to interpret as them being pro-authoritarian
Pretty sound interpretation, considering Pu Yi’s own history both as actual Emperor (real nasty sadistic little shit as a kid, which Last Emperor of course skims past/downplays quite a bit), fake Emperor, and then Manchurian puppet Emperor

Yeah, a couple of them are apparatchiks in the CCP OTL, which I've chosen to interpret as them being pro-authoritarian
I mean I'd think that absent the seismic shift in their family's position that was the two Chinese Revolutions, their political views are basically a clean slate, but it's definitely plausible that Chinese royalty would be authoritarian

South Africa: 1998 election
Screenshot 2022-03-03 at 12.16.34.png
Screenshot 2022-03-03 at 12.16.56.png

Out of curiousity, what is Nelson Mandela's reputation in comparison to OTL? Respected statesman type with a solid sense of respect from most people?

Love the Argentina parallels. Really well done.

Off topic, but: one thing I really enjoy about this TL and ASSM were companies that didn’t quite make it IOTL having a different course in history (in the latter, particularly the great British firms). With such wild divergences here, what are some of the different dominant firms and corporations of this world?

Out of curiousity, what is Nelson Mandela's reputation in comparison to OTL? Respected statesman type with a solid sense of respect from most people?
That's an interesting question. He obviously hasn't quite attained the secular sainthood of OTL but he is, as you say, pretty well respected. I wouldn't overstate it though, because his victories both times were pretty narrow. I suspect if you're a Conservative you really don't like him but if you're a Progressive than you probably have a sense of grudging respect for his longevity.
Love the Argentina parallels. Really well done.

Off topic, but: one thing I really enjoy about this TL and ASSM were companies that didn’t quite make it IOTL having a different course in history (in the latter, particularly the great British firms). With such wild divergences here, what are some of the different dominant firms and corporations of this world?
Let me know what industries you're interested in, in particular, and I'll see if I have a list. I'm lairy of posting updates on businesses specifically as there would be a lot of overlap with ASSM.

That's an interesting question. He obviously hasn't quite attained the secular sainthood of OTL but he is, as you say, pretty well respected. I wouldn't overstate it though, because his victories both times were pretty narrow. I suspect if you're a Conservative you really don't like him but if you're a Progressive than you probably have a sense of grudging respect for his longevity.

Let me know what industries you're interested in, in particular, and I'll see if I have a list. I'm lairy of posting updates on businesses specifically as there would be a lot of overlap with ASSM.
I’m more curious who’s a big deal outside of Britain - in the US, for instance, or in China, or Stronk Argentina/Brazil. I figured in the Commonwealth it’s the usual suspects from ASSM haha

OK so now this world is officially better than ours, because I don't care how much of a clusterfuck Europe is or how much power the British nobility has when meaningful action is being taken over climate change

OK so now this world is officially better than ours, because I don't care how much of a clusterfuck Europe is or how much power the British nobility has when meaningful action is being taken over climate change
Or how people are literally worshipping Tukhachevsky in the manner of Roman Emperors, for that matter.

For a Tsai Ing-Wen equivalent, maybe Yulia Tymoshenko or Emilia Slabunova could be good Tsai Ing-Wen equivalents for TTL's Russia, considering how its politics here mirror Taiwanese politics?