The Eagle Down Under (1983: Doomsday TL 2016-2030)

Who do you think will win nomination of ANZC Labour Party in the 2019 Federal Election?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The nation of Hubei (officially known by its full name being Huguang-Zhongyuan) has now began a bombing campaign with its small air force against the Dragon State.

-Courier-Mail, May 4th, 2022

People’s Republic of China has begun to supply Hubei (Huguang-Zhongyuan) with better conditioned artillery, tanks, and assault rifles, in order to end the existence of the Dragon State.

-The Japan Times, May 5th, 2022

“Ah yes…”

“The 2022 Australian general election.”

“I remember voting for Wong.”

-Former ANZC Governor General Louis Richard Howery-Morrell, interviewed in the documentary From Down Under to World Power: Political History of Australia from 1983 to 2030, made by Williams Jameson and aired on ANZC television on March 6th, 2045

Future elections for Australia will be split into two rounds. First round always must be held on May 5th, while second round must be held on May 20th of every election year. Furthermore elections in Australia will be held every 4 years. In turn our country’s political system has changed significantly seeing how now Australians will be voting for their Prime Minister.

Whoever receives the most amount of popular votes will become the next Prime Minister of Australia and thus once again a Prime Minister will have a total of 6 terms in office, meaning they can certainly run for re-election for a total of 6 times in their life.

-The Newcastle Herald, May 5th, 2022

“If there is one thing that we do know is that most definitely for the 1st round the division of Kennedy is going to vote for Katter’s Australia Policy.”

“I mean after all it been their territory since Bob Katter created his own political party.”

“When was the last time Kennedy went for the Labors?”

“That was in 1990 in which Rob Hulls won a seat for Kennedy.”

“And that was four decades ago. Amazing how time flies.”

-Paul Murray Live: 2022 Australian Election aired on ABC, May 5th, 2022

“To make myself clear the Labors, Progressives, Reason Party, and Greens have named themselves under the “Left Coalition” as their official name.”

“While the Liberals, Nationals, Liberal Nationals, Country Liberals, and United Australia Party have named themselves the “Right Coalition”.”

“Only other political parties not of any of the two major coalitions are Liberal Democratic Party, Katter’s Australia Party, and Democratic Labour Party.”

“Then again there are other smaller lesser known candidates of minor political parties like the Justice Party, Animal Justice Party, and a few other unimportant ones.”

-SBS News 24/7 Live, May 5th, 2022

“Lets be glad we Aussies don’t use a electoral college like the Americans do. Otherwise it be a total nightmare.”

-Paul Murray on the Paul Murray Show, May 5th, 2022

“It appears that Wong is up to 37.4% of votes nationwide for the first round.”

“While Haliday is up to 34.2% of votes nationwide for the first round.”

“We still await the votes from the divisions of Calare and Lyne.”

-ABC News 24/7, May 5th, 2022

“Alright we have updates in regards to the divisions of Calare and Lyne.”

“Calare has voted mainly for Wong, while Lyne voted for Haliday.”

“This leads to the final total percentage for the 1st Round of the election…”

“Penny Wong with 37.8%.”

“Elysse Haliday with 35.1%.”

“Duncan Spender with 6.3%.”

“And Robbie Katter with 3.1%.”

“It appears that Wong has won the first round of our election, but the question is will she be able to win the second round on May 20th?”

“We Australians will have to wait and see what history has to show for us.”

-ABC News 24/7 Live, May 5th, 2022

2022 Australian Federal Election 1st Round.png

When it comes to computer operating systems in this TL, what do you guys think would be the most common surviving ones? I mean I can see that Brazil night have made their own for their computers.

When it comes to computer operating systems in this TL, what do you guys think would be the most common surviving ones? I mean I can see that Brazil night have made their own for their computers.
Here comes the Unitron, the world's first Macintosh clone:

Greek and Vermonter forces have now managed to take over the Sicilian town of Altamura. Meanwhile the Croatian Navy still is dealing with naval skirmishes with the Sicilian Navy.

-ABC World News 24/7 Live, May 7th, 2022

Greek forces have now occupied the Albanian city of Lushnjë after a week of intense fighting against the Albanian Army.

If all goes well then Elbasan will be in the ADC’s hands within a week if lucky.

-The Newcastle Herald, May 8th, 2022

Prussian, Transylvanian and Kosovar forces have now occupied the Albanian town of Reps. The Albanian forces have been forced to retreat to regroup in the town of Rrëshen.

-The Otago Daily Times, May 8th, 2022

“So what do you suggest should be done to Albania once it surrenders?” Alpine President Van der Bellen asked from the other end.

“In all fairness I think the best option is to annex some of it into Kosovo.” President Dedaj of Kosovo said to the Alpine, Transylvanian, Croatian, Greek leaders over the computer which they were having a live meeting connected by the Net and were all hooked up to self-cams that were already built into their computers or were an attached accessory hooked up by a USB drive.

“Well by all means explain why President Dedaj.” The President of Greece (Or officially known as the Greek Federation), Dimitris Christofias replied.

“Well…”

“1. A majority of Albanians would rather live under a secular democratic government, a government that cares about them and listens to them.”

“2. Most of Albania is devastated by this war, and probably are still recovering from Doomsday. I think it be wise to annex at least northern Albania to help it rebuilt.”

“And yes that would mean giving Kosovo access to the Mediterreanean Sea, but as silly it sounds it would be logical as it would help keep trade afloat with other countries helping out at rebuilding the newly annexed areas.”

“Alright that actually does sound logical.” The President of Transylvania said agreeing now that it was all explained.

“So what exactly will Kosovo annex from Albania?” President Van der Bellen asked.

To which the President of Kosovo got up and went to the whiteboard which had a map of Albania taped onto it. The president grabbed red marker and drew the following borders.

Before he did so he spoke into his small microphone that was clipped to his collar of his shirt, seeing he wanted to make sure they could hear him speak.

“Are you able to hear me?” He asked them making sure.

“Yes. We hear you President Dedaj.” The Croatian president replied.

“Alright… Now…” Dedaj said as he began to draw the new borders for Kosovo.

“Kosovo will annex the following three counties of Albania.” He said to them.

“Lezhë.”

“Shkodër.”

“And the county of Kukës.” He said as he finished drawing the red line to be the new post-war border for Kosovo.

“As for the rest of Albania, I think it would be best if we bring back Crown Prince Leka and make him the King of Albania.” Dedaj said to them.

“Albeit it for only ceremonial purposes, but having him as King of Albania would certainly make the Albanians feel like they are loved and cared about.”

“So that being said the rest of Albania will be made into a constitutional monarchy. Monitored of course by the ADC and far-right and far-left political parties will be banned from Albanian politics as well.”

“Alright that sounds like the best solution.” President der Bellen said on the other end.

-Somewhere in Pristina, Kosovo, May 9th, 2022

“So any word on the Hamas Caliphate currently?” Howery-Morrell asked as he sat in a meeting room with Governor-General Brian Schatz, along with the Minister for Foreign Affairs a red haired woman named Marise Payne, and Minister of Defence a man named Alex Hawke.

Despite being an introvert, Howery-Morrell has began lately attending as much meetings as a way to help himself improve his social interactions and learn more about the ANZC works.

“Well they are thankfully now beginning to lose ground in Saudi Arabia.” Hawke replied.

“Looks like our boys and girls and their friends are kicking those Hamas asses. How soon do you think we will have Saudi Arabia free from those fundamentalist cunts?” Howery-Morrell said causally despite the fact it seemed quite unprofessional to swear a lot in this environment.

“Lou, remember that your speaking out of turn here.” The Governor-General said to him almost like that of how a father would tell his son.

To which the 24 year old, Director of the CIB then looked at Schatz for a moment.

“Sorry, sir.” He apologized to which Schatz smirked a little seeing he really wasn’t offended by it.

“But yes, like what Howery-Morrell said…” Schatz said to Hawke.

“How long do you suppose we have until the Hamas are defeated?” He then asked the Minister of Defence.

“If our computer simulations are correct, probably we have about a month or two until the Hamas fall.” Hawke replied.

“But the thing is… They are managing to gain ground elsewhere in the world…” He said to them in a change of tone, which they could tell that Hawke was not happy with what he was about to say.

“Where?” Schatz and Howery-Morrell said in unison.

“In the Cabo Delgado Province, Mozambique.” Hawke answered.

“So northern Mozambique?” The Director of the CIB said seeing he was a expert in geography as well.

“Correct.”

“Basically put Islamist militants have been attacking civilians and managed to take over a few villages in the province as an attempt to establish a “colony” for the Hamas Caliphate.” Hawke told them.

“And to think Indonesia and Philippines were having an issue with Islamic fundamentalism…” Schatz sighed as he leaned back in his chair.

“Well we certainly have to help Mozambique at all cost.” Howery-Morrell said in a humble manner despite sitting in his wheelchair.

“Absolutely, its like the Domino Theory from the Cold War.” Governor-General Schatz said.

“Yeah but only this time instead of communism, its religious fundamentalism as the main focus.” Howery-Morrell replied to what the Governor-General said.

“Payne, get us in contact with the governments of New Britain and Mozambique.” Schatz said to her.

“Very well, sir. What do you suggest I ask them?”

“Ask them if they are interested in joining the IC in stamping out religious fundamentalism from Africa.” Schatz said to her.

To which after that the meeting was concluded. As Howery-Morrell navigated himself out of the meeting room in his wheelchair he thought to himself in his head.

And you wonder why over 1 million Aussies now identify as Buddhist or BINO. That's all thanks to the fact that religious fundamentalism has really shown a really bad light to Islam and Christianity.

And I been pretty much Catholic all my life, due to my mum coming from a working class of Catholics back in Pre-Doomsday America. Though when it came to Catholicism I only really went to church a few times in my life. My mum never was very religious, she did believe in God and so on.

But she believes that the Bible is simply "man's interpretation of God", and plus she is as progressive one can get. She believes gays should have a right to get married, she is neutral when it comes to abortion, and she is tolerant of other religions. Not to mention she always saw science as more better at explaining things.

If I recall I remember I once had a conversation with her on the Great Flood when I was probably like 14 or 15. I remember her telling me that "Great Flood myths" were found throughout many world cultures. So pretty much she thinks that sometime in the past there must of been an event that happened in which us humans must of interpreted as something from the gods.

However I remember my mom said that the most likely cause was probably due to how the sea levels were rising during after the Ice Age, so a lot of land was submerged. That being said my mom despite being a Catholic pretty much believes that the Great Flood did happen but it simply was over exaggerated by early humans.

Anyways... I really wonder why Gnostic sects similar to that of Ophites never came back into popularity due to all that is happening.

Boy I really do think a lot now over the randomness shit...

-Meeting Room, Governor General’s Residence, Jervis Bay (ANZC Federal Territory), May 10th, 2022

I have to say the idea they used the Domino Theory is quite an interesting take.

It simply been adapted to that of religious fundamentalism. I think the way it be seen as is simple.

If Country A is having civil problems (civil war, civil unrest, or has a huge increase in radicalism in some of its own population (say through the Net being able to spread violent and dangerous propaganda or "fake news")) then Country A will spread unrest elsewhere in its area.

So that being said its next door neighbor, Country B would get effected as well in some way. Then so would Country C, Country D, Country E, and so on. The dominos all fall down and you get a region of the world where things are not well, and something in the line of similarity with the Arab Spring.

Difference is though.

It be called the Grim Spring, since it spread massive unrest regionwide. So it basically would be a evil version of the Arab Spring, as instead of spreading democracy, the Grim Spring would spread more unrest, radicalization, and more religious fundamentalism.

I have to say the idea they used the Domino Theory is quite an interesting take.

It simply been adapted to that of religious fundamentalism. I think the way it be seen as is simple.

If Country A is having civil problems (civil war, civil unrest, or has a huge increase in radicalism in some of its own population (say through the Net being able to spread violent and dangerous propaganda or "fake news")) then Country A will spread unrest elsewhere in its area.

So that being said its next door neighbor, Country B would get effected as well in some way. Then so would Country C, Country D, Country E, and so on. The dominos all fall down and you get a region of the world where things are not well, and something in the line of similarity with the Arab Spring.

Difference is though.

It be called the Grim Spring, since it spread massive unrest regionwide. So it basically would be a evil version of the Arab Spring, as instead of spreading democracy, the Grim Spring would spread more unrest, radicalization, and more religious fundamentalism.
A very fitting name indeed.

Do you think a movie like Mortal Kombat could be still made in Australia?
Possibly, then again it is hard to say. I mean I have shown that there are in fact some very violent games in EDU.

I mean remember a game called Modern Day Conquistador? It pretty much is an equivalent to Wolfenstein and Doom. I mean the point of the game is to kill as many dictators and terrorists as possible. It controversial in EDU world because of how graphic it is, not to mention it goes after any terrorist whether it be far-right, far-left or religious fundamentalist.

Now seeing that being made into a movie, it probably would suck.

But since we are on the topic of fiction. I wonder if people would make a equivalent to the HOI4 mod, The New Order set in EDU. I mean still taking place in a world where the Axis won, but the US is still around.

It be interesting to imagine such a mod being made within this alternate world. Like for instance would Doomsday still be a thing that can't be prevented or can it be prevented if you are able to make the right choices.

I know for certain when it comes to alternate history within EDU and 1983: Doomsday, some people would be aware and know about the book The Man in the High Castle.

Possibly within alternate history fandom in Post-Doomsday would see Doomsday or an equivalent to it as something that has to happen in human history, as a wake up call. I wouldn't say that every alternate history in Post-Doomsday would always have some nuclear war, some might have entirely avoided Doomsday and see how humanity lasts longer still with nukes and nuclear technology.

Here what I think would factor into for most alternate histories in Post-Doomsday.

1. Doomsday or an equivalent to it happens, human is devastated but fortunately avoids total extinction and total collapse of modern civilization. (So lets say someone made a alternate history where Tang Dynasty survives and ends up becoming a powerful world power and results in world being more Easternized instead of Westernized. Only for this to come to a crashing end with a nuclear war between Tang China and India or who knows).

2. Doomsday can be avoided, but doing so will be tricky since people would find it difficult to see what happens during the rest of the 1980's and 1990's. For sure I can bet many historians would argue that the Soviet Union would collapse at some point if Doomsday did not occur. Some would probably guess that China would adopt a capitalist system but still being a one-party state that is unfair. And many would probably think that eventually the United States would go into decline and end up like how Britain did (Being once a world power, but declined, but at the same time never fell into a civil war.)

3. Doomsday is inevitable in human history, it can be delayed of course. However it cannot be permanently postponed as some would argue that Doomsday would still happen at some point (whether it be in the late 1980's, 1990's, 2000's, 2010's, etc.).

4. Doomsday can be avoided, however instead something else that is horrific will happen to humanity that they are able to recover from, but albeit things won't be the same ever again afterwards due to it being so impacting. Like say a global pandemic in which a virus kills a shit ton of people that it results in mass unrest. Or say perhaps in a realistic scenario one could argue that global warming would get worse rapidly within the next few decades that it starts affecting crops, wildlife, and cities.

And speaking of global warming. I can see that some people especially Howery-Morrell would argue that Doomsday did had some benefit as it pretty much knocked humanity's population to a significant number along with destroy a lot of infrastructure in many developed countries. Which pretty much helped at halting global warming a for a significant amount.

I can see some in TL saying if Doomsday didn't happen, then mankind would of continued increasing more in population and continue to add more CO2 emissions and in turn make the Earth become more unstable climate-wise.

Of course Doomsday did in fact alter the Earth's climate as well. Since nuclear winter did not occur, it resulted in formerly dry areas getting more rainfall than usual and becoming more wetter. In turn the Aral Sea has been gradually restored somewhat, and in North America a few new reincarnations of lakes in the Great Basin have been formed due to more rainfall.

I can see this as ASB, but this is legit canon.

Deleted member 82792

But since we are on the topic of fiction. I wonder if people would make a equivalent to the HOI4 mod, The New Order set in EDU. I mean still taking place in a world where the Axis won, but the US is still around.

It be interesting to imagine such a mod being made within this alternate world. Like for instance would Doomsday still be a thing that can't be prevented or can it be prevented if you are able to make the right choices.

I know for certain when it comes to alternate history within EDU and 1983: Doomsday, some people would be aware and know about the book The Man in the High Castle.

Possibly within alternate history fandom in Post-Doomsday would see Doomsday or an equivalent to it as something that has to happen in human history, as a wake up call. I wouldn't say that every alternate history in Post-Doomsday would always have some nuclear war, some might have entirely avoided Doomsday and see how humanity lasts longer still with nukes and nuclear technology.

Here what I think would factor into for most alternate histories in Post-Doomsday.

1. Doomsday or an equivalent to it happens, human is devastated but fortunately avoids total extinction and total collapse of modern civilization. (So lets say someone made a alternate history where Tang Dynasty survives and ends up becoming a powerful world power and results in world being more Easternized instead of Westernized. Only for this to come to a crashing end with a nuclear war between Tang China and India or who knows).

2. Doomsday can be avoided, but doing so will be tricky since people would find it difficult to see what happens during the rest of the 1980's and 1990's. For sure I can bet many historians would argue that the Soviet Union would collapse at some point if Doomsday did not occur. Some would probably guess that China would adopt a capitalist system but still being a one-party state that is unfair. And many would probably think that eventually the United States would go into decline and end up like how Britain did (Being once a world power, but declined, but at the same time never fell into a civil war.)

3. Doomsday is inevitable in human history, it can be delayed of course. However it cannot be permanently postponed as some would argue that Doomsday would still happen at some point (whether it be in the late 1980's, 1990's, 2000's, 2010's, etc.).

4. Doomsday can be avoided, however instead something else that is horrific will happen to humanity that they are able to recover from, but albeit things won't be the same ever again afterwards due to it being so impacting. Like say a global pandemic in which a virus kills a shit ton of people that it results in mass unrest. Or say perhaps in a realistic scenario one could argue that global warming would get worse rapidly within the next few decades that it starts affecting crops, wildlife, and cities.
I wonder if something like Kaiserreich could exist?

I wonder if something like Kaiserreich could exist?
I think certainly someone would make something involving Central Powers victory in World War I, along with something similar to Red Flood as well.

I know Howery-Morrell does in fact have a hobby for history, so whenever he does have spare time he does write short stories involving alternate history scenarios.

“I am honestly gonna say that Wong is going to win this election, I mean lets admit it.”

“The Liberal-National coalition really has fallen since the defeat of the Australian Brotherhood.”

-A Tasmanian poster on TypeIt, May 12th, 2022

“I mean yeah. They still are supported in rural NSW, Queensland, and South Australia.”

“But like I said, only in rural places.”

-A Queenslander poster replying to the above on TypeIt, May 12th, 2022

“To be fair our country has seen a lot fucking happen within just 7 years. It just goes to show how things can really change in just a short amount of time.”

“That isn’t to say that the Liberals and Nationals are going away anytime soon, quite the exact opposite.”

“Rather instead they have since begun to try and get with the times. By that I mean as in accepting people of other ethnicities, accepting LGBT people, and becoming anti-racist. However at the same time still keeping its conservative stance on immigration.”

-A Western Australian poster on TypeIt, May 12th, 2022

New Zealand makes gay conversion therapy illegal and criminal offense, which those involved in traumatizing homosexuals are now facing up to 6 years in prison.

-NZ Herald, May 14th, 2022

Deputy PM/ANZC Conservative candidate Winston Peters praises New Zealand for banning conversion therapy stating “times have changed for the better”.

-ABC News 24/7, May 14th, 2022

2 cases of Zhuzhou pneumonia have been confirmed in Lae, Papua. Currently the two people infected are under strict quarantine measures for the next 3 weeks.

-ABC World News 24/7, May 15th, 2022

Kiribati begins to enforce strict measures to prevent the spread of Zhuzhou pneumonia. Such measures include screenings, up-to-date reports done every 5 hours by airplanes and ships to the Kiribati military officials via radio provided if any plane or ship enters within Kiribati’s maritime borders.

-HBC World News 24/7, May 16th, 2022

Brazilian television presenter and comedian Danilo Gentili announces his candidacy for the upcoming Brazilian 2022 general election, however instead of claiming candidacy for a political party, he instead makes himself a independent candidate.

-Rio Times, May 16th, 2022

NOVO candidate Marcel Van Hattem finds himself in a scandal which involves him being involved in a car accident back in 2006 in which he ran over a pedestrian. Although the pedestrian (whose name is Adair Wiest) was not killed immediately, the person was stuck in a 7 month coma in which the person eventually died. Many people on Brazilian social media have begun to call Van Hattem a “killer”.

-NBBC World News 24/7, May 17th, 2022

“Well Van Hattem was an objectivist, so of course it not surprising he killed someone.”

-Random post on Communékate, May 17th, 2022

“I mean objectivism is such a truly evil ideology, more evil than fascism or another authoritarian ideology. The entire ideology of Objectivism literally promotes selfishness, carelessness towards other people, and even Rand herself believed that altruism is stupid.”

-Another random post on Communékate, May 17th, 2022

“You know I really would like to see a
video game that takes place in a society based around Objectivism, in which it shows that society in a huge mess and near collapse. That way it can show the horrors and flaws of Ayn Rand’s stupid ideology.”

-An Argentine poster on TypeIt, May 17th, 2022

Once again I greatly apologize for not updating this, it isn't that I lost motivation it just that I have been doing other things when it comes ideas and science fiction. I have not forgotten this TL and I do intend to finish it.