The Eagle Down Under (1983: Doomsday TL 2016-2030)

Who do you think will win nomination of ANZC Labour Party in the 2019 Federal Election?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
*Puts on elitist monocle* Wait a minute, this is not Protect and Survive! Why herumph-hufflepuffle, this is most untoward.*Monocle falls into cocktail*
Thank God. I dropped the whole P&S franchise once the story meandered over to nuking Argentina. Just saying, I think the Brits could have handled that better.

Nonwithstanding that of course a war in 1983 would have pretty much ruined the USA, I do think that just enough would survive that some sort of overarching political system would more or less reunite it, and that individual spots that happened by luck to be less damaged, combined with underground and/or greenhouse sealed type horticulture would provide for a scattering of oasis-like communities.

I would think life would be pretty harsh in these towns, and even worse in the wastelands (largely including what used to be major developed areas and the best land). But something that fancied itself still the USA would exist.

And although apparently the damage to Australia and NZ was low enough for them to recover pretty well, and South America is rather amazingly untouched, this reconstituted USA would be no minor power. It might not be able to live up to its prewar pretensions, but it would be a factor in both the Aussie and South American polities.

The way I figure the US would reconnect is, that although military facilities and people are prime targets in the war, at the same time only they are issued much in the way of equipment or training to survive. The vast majority of US citizens would die within months, but the most viable communities of survivors would tend to be those that manage some degree of organization, which would almost certainly be woven around some military basis--either scattered regular military people, or National Guard.

Although the stereotype of the crazy American officer or soldier who is some kind of religious fanatic and Bircher ready to shoot liberals dead on suspicion of Communism and/or smoking weed is pretty widespread and not entirely without some basis in fact, by and large American military people are more or less ordinary folks who found it in some degree worthwhile or necessary to sign up and serve. They are pragmatic folks. Postwar, the scattered survivors will have skills, equipment and materials not commonly available, and will probably try to bring about some organization and foster the recovery of as much normality as they can. This will generally fall far short of their desires of course. But when, by and by, some agent of a larger organization stops by, they are more likely than not going to be in uniform of sorts and hold a valid rank in the US military, and the scattered military elements helping organize, maintain and defend the little settlements will reintegrate back into the chain of command, in principle anyway. Although we might have some instances of crazy colonels or sergeants trying to make fanatical Gilead kingdoms or leading apocalyptic cults, on the whole the scattered soldiers will be trying to make life easier, and will be glad to be included in a larger network that may lead to useful trade and integration back into a bigger world.

Thus although the new organization of the USA is likely to be hierarchal and authoritarian, and will command resources that are both sparse and scattered, I do think the process of reintegration will go forward as fast as possible and the new USA will have some serious if modest projection of power. There would be all sorts of weird dissonances, with people living essentially in 19th century or worse conditions having occasional access to nuclear submarines, the occasional jet aircraft, and God knows what in some underground bases. The population base is low and the industrial capacity to maintain and renovate and possibly replace prewar high tech stuff is limited--but, I'm thinking, it will not be nonexistent. Due to random quirks in the Soviet attack pattern, and failure of all Soviet hardware to follow it, remarkably high levels of tech will survive here and there, and as the national network under military organization reforms, these places will get priority of protection and support, in return for being worked to the limits.

I would think President Bush would be resident there, having de facto become President-for-Life. For all my dislike of the Bushes politically, GHWBush surviving automatically makes him the universally recognized President (unless Reagan also survives a while, and Bush only succeeds to the office later) and the nucleus and catalyst of reorganization. Wherever the President is, is automatically the capital and headquarters. Surely he'll keep moving until a suitably developed location is found and upgraded, and the scattered surviving military hierarchy will crystallize around him. I don't like him but I do think he'd try to govern pragmatically and with an eye to the most rapid and thorough recovery possible.

So although the USA's resources are down to a tiny fraction of what they were prewar, those were of course tremendous, and the fragments left might be pathetic but only in comparison with the past. Compared to what is able to reach the region of the USA, it is still considerable, and being patched back together to recover strength. Since prewar Americans, in particular American soldiers, were scattered over the globe, Bush will be trying to bring them back home and put them to work rebuilding, and also reserve some interest in projecting American power overseas, with an eye to future generation's interests.

While some American refugees might be from pockets that simply weren't woven in to the national network before the people there had a chance to flee to Australia, others would be dissidents from the integrated culture, such as it is.

Now it is very unclear to me why the Australian Federation and the South American one should be at odds with each other. Neither one I suppose was in much of a position to poach on the other's territory or populations, so when they come into physical contact now, I suspect the exchange of trade goods would be quite mutually beneficial, so I don't see just what they'd be getting into a Cold War over. Neither has ideology that is deeply threatening to the other.

If anything, the threat that either a post-Soviet or post-Yankee organization might try to assert authority over the wider world will tend to unite them. Whereas I think Bush's policy to a non-Communist federation or two in the southern hemisphere would be to try to get good diplomatic and trade relations with both; there is no hope in trying to conquer either so the best thing for the USA is to trade instead. But the militarized recovery regime might seem creepy enough to both that they prefer their relations at arm's length.

I find it a little hard to believe the Soviets would not target anywhere in South America; if only to deny resources to the Yankees. Good thing they somehow neglected to do that!

Deleted member 82792

Well, I'd like to see more of this. Please update soon!

Kennett 2016
Jeff Kennett announces his candidacy for the Conservative Party
MrJeff-Kennett_5.jpg

Today this evening the Conservative politician Jeff Kennett has declared his candidacy for the Conservative Party of
the ANZC. A native-born to the former Australian city of Melbourne he remembers the day when the Soviets had
destroyed his home grew up in. "Most heartbreaking thing ever to have seen in my entire life." He says. He was a
lucky survivor to have survive the impact in Melbourne, among with many other survivors including his wife and
children.
After the destruction of Melbourne Kennett relocated him and his wife to the nearby city of Geelong to start anew
and in 1999 he became a member of the Conservative Party of the ANZC. Does Jeff Kennett has what it takes to
win against his other soon to be Conservative rivals in this year's election? We will have to wait and see.

-ANZBC News Live 24/7, Feb. 3rd, 2016

Nerang Shooting: Birth of the Australian Brotherhood
Deadly shooting takes 20 lives in Nerang Suburbs!
6887860-3x2-700x467.jpg

A mass murderer named Cooper O'Harry (aged 19) this morning at 4:15 AM, went into the Gold Coast suburb of
Nerang, which over the recent years became a neighborhood for American refugees to reside, has woken up in the
early hours of daylight to gunshots.

"I was fast asleep, and next thing I know I woken it up to what I thought were the sounds of fire-poppers coming from
outside, I thought it was teenagers. But then I went outside in horror to find people screaming and running in terror
and shouting "Shooter!"." A local resident said to the news reporter.

The Gold Coast Police Department battled the shooter for a period of three hours before the shooter himself pulled a gun
to his head and committed suicide. The police have counted the dead and sadly there were 20 innocent people all who
American refugees have perished this early morning. And the medical department has also reported to us that there are
over 50 people injured and 16 seriously hurt. One is in fact in a deep coma from a gunshot to the left side of the brain.

The mayor of the Gold Coast has declared investigation into this mass shooting and declared online that "This is a hate
crime, and it is just damn sickening and disturbing that someone would do this!".

-New Zealander Daily Live, Feb. 6th, 2016

Last edited:
Reaction to the Nerang Shooting
This is just the beginning brothers and sisters of the Australian Brotherhood, O'Harry had died a hero for the white race today against the enemies we once swore to protect our own nation of Australia. Those Americans are nothing, but wandering soulless creations of Satan himself they must be exterminated or else they will make our nation into a new homeland they call NEW AMERICA! They are destroying our culture, taking our jobs and careers, they are stealing our women, and worse of all they are the very definition of EVIL.

It begins everyone, today is a new chapter for saving Australia and to destroy the ANZC. The ANZC is nothing, but a successor to the United Fucking States of Amerifuck.

-Australian Brotherhood: Born to Hate, Born to Kill Documentary, April 25th, 2030

"Today we have lost many innocent lives in Nerang, Queensland. It breaks my heart that many of those who have cease to live came to Australia create a new life and to escape the harsh environments of post-nuclear America. Only for them to be murdered by a hatemogger."

"We need to end this hatred, whoever is responsible for this are not insane maniacs nor is it someone who had a mental illness either. This is the very definition of domestic terrorism right here in the ANZC. And we cannot let these terrorists get away with this act against humanity!"

-Annette King's speech at her rally held in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, Feb. 7th, 2016

"I cried when my staff manager informed me of the terrible tragedy that occurred this early morning in the city of the Gold Coast. This is just horrible that someone would be full of such hatred and would go far enough to get a hold of a rifle and take lives of others."

"This is just the thing we all know as a word we can call "hate", "evil", or whatever you wish to call it. It is a crime against humanity, and for me being a man who believes in equal rights for all regardless of gender, race, sexuality, disability, etc. feels that I haven't done anything to save those people in Queensland today."

"If I am elected as the new governor-general of the ANZC, I will make a promise that I will help stop whoever is responsible for this action! And make sure that justice served for the human race!"

-Tuilaepa Malielegaoi's speech at a rally in Nelson, New Zealand, Feb. 7th, 2016

Last edited:

Deleted member 82792

Can we get some details on the TV shows and movies from TTL?

It absolutely disgusts me when murderers have the gall to call their victims evil. I hope those xenophobic bastards get the death penalty. Evil bastards like them can't be rehabilitated.

February 2016: I
Some fucking American got accepted into the University of Canberra, and it became a huge widespread news at my high school and even in our city of Adelaide. This fucking Yankee is going to take my peoples' jobs and careers.

Another anonymous blogger replies to the comment.

We can provide you with help to take this Yank out if you like.

Original poster replies to the comment in return.

Bad idea, if he gets murdered by me or anyone else this will create a fucking riot in Adelaide and it won't end fucking well.

-Australian Brotherhood: Born to Hate, Born to Kill Documentary, April 25th, 2030

"Were all talking about how to deal with domestic terrorism in the ANZC and yet do we not realize that the guns are main issue here?"

"Representative Bob Issman, you fail to understand that it is that people kill people, not guns..."

"Yeah and that is true, but you realize guns are also being used by the person killing a bunch of other people right? I'm not talking about a regular pistol or a revolver here, I mean a damn machine gun or semi-automatic rifle. Which is hard to purchase in Australia, New Zealand, Samoa, and Hawaii!"

"Then how exactly did O'Harry got this weapon? He couldn't of been able to purchase it since his mental health would of shown and prevented him from purchasing any kind of weapon including a Swiss Army knife."

"Then there is a another issue we seem to not realize! It must be that people including terrorists are buying and ordering weapons from the Internet. Deep Web to be exact."

Peru defeats the Kingdom of Cleveland in the International Soccer League!

-ANZC Sports, Feb. 12th, 2016

Love is Colorblind, a coming of age genre movie about an African-American teenager grows up and falls in love with an Australian girl. Becoming a hit movie across theaters in Australia, Hawaii, Samoa and New Zealand. The movie brings more positive views and support for interracial dating and marriage.

-Australian Entertainment Weekly, Feb. 14th, 2016

21 year old student at Southern Cross University has been raped by an unknown attacker late last night at 10:43 PM. The victim was an Australian born woman who parents were Americans who came to Australia as refugees. The victim is currently in therapy and is hospitalized from the attack, but doctors have confirmed to us that she will be alright and that her friends at her university will protect her from now on.

-Western Australian Emu, Feb. 14th, 2016

The Candidates of the 2016 General ANZC Election
Candidates of the Labour Party | 2016 ANZC Election

Annette King (23% rating)
Tuilaepa Malielegaoi (23.4% rating)
Bill Shorten (18.6% rating)
Luke Foley (10% rating)
Andrew Barr (6.2% rating)
Rue K.J. MacKeith (3.4% rating)

Candidates of the Conservative Party | 2016 ANZC Election

Campbell Newman (26.4% rating)
Jeff Kennett (26% rating)
Malcolm Turnbull (22.7% rating)
Julie Bishop (21% rating)
Emanuel "Manny" Mori (17.6% rating)
Yosiwo P. George (17.1% rating)
Alik L. Alik (11.5% rating)
Joey H.S. Vernal (9.5% rating)
Patricia Caloon (6.2% rating)
Oscar McCarrie (2.1% rating)

Deleted member 82792

Here are some Australian and New Zealand Celebrities that you could use ITTL:

Hugh Jackman

Russell Crowe

Karl Urban

Jessica Mauboy

Nicole Kidman

Naomi Watts

Mel Gibson

Kylie Minogue

Dannii Minogue

Isla Fisher

Sam Neill

Iggy Azalea

Keith Urban

Chris Hemsworth

Liam Hemsworth

Margot Robbie

Cliff Curtis

Lucy Lawless

Alan Dale

Temuera Morrison

What do you think?

Deleted member 82792

It absolutely disgusts me when murderers have the gall to call their victims evil. I hope those xenophobic bastards get the death penalty. Evil bastards like them can't be rehabilitated.
Agreed. Do these guys go after American's in general or Americans of African or Asian ancestry?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some Australian and New Zealand Celebrities that you could use ITTL:

Hugh Jackman

Russell Crowe

Karl Urban

Jessica Mauboy

Nicole Kidman

Naomi Watts

Mel Gibson

Kylie Minogue

Dannii Minogue

Isla Fisher

Sam Neill

Iggy Azalea

Keith Urban

Chris Hemsworth

Liam Hemsworth

Margot Robbie

Cliff Curtis

Lucy Lawless

Alan Dale

Temuera Morrison

What do you think?

You gave me a good idea with these list of celebrities. I might some of them in a huge sci fi movie in this TL.

February 2016: II
Star Trek: The New Era has aired it first episode on Australian, Hawaiian, and New Zealander television, making the Star Trek show itself being aired and run by mainly the Australian and New Zealander entertainment industry to take the American entertainment's place. The show itself also kept the original theme of the original Star Trek show from the 1960's, resulting in many fans becoming joyed over the nostalgia.

The series itself will be about female Captain Taylor L. Launce (starring Lucy Lawless) of the USS Equality, however she had a dark past before joining Starfleet Academy. Other crew members such as a android named Qwerty (Max Barry), Vulcan commander named Sev V'Ludul (Troye Sivan), Lieutenant Subaru Tojokara (Thomas Fujiwara an Australian-Japanese actor), and petty officers Hector L. Ron (Alan Dale) and Willis von Dilaan (Tobi Atkins). Together the USS Equality named in honor of the belief that all sapient beings are created equal, will journey across the stars and contact new civilizations. And most importantly to go where no man or woman has ever gone before.

-ANZC Entertainment Weekly, Feb. 16th, 2016

Oscar McCarrie and Patricia Caloon have dropped of the 2016 ANZC Election.

-ANZ Political Daily, Feb. 19th, 2016

"Today is a wonderful and happy day in Western Australia! Today we have become the first Australian state to legalize same-sex marriage for loving gay and lesbian couples!"

-LGBT Communications of ANZC, Feb. 20th, 2016

Today the state of Western Australia has fallen under the rule of fags and whores. Today the state has legalized fag and whore marriage by majority winning vote thanks to the fucking corrupted and brainwashed Australian youth of the state itself. We must enact now and put an end to this fucking madness before the fags and whores begin to take over Australia! I'm going to grab my fucking pistol and rob a gay couple's home in my town and I am going to teach these two faggots why they are traitors to the white race of Australia!

Malielegaoi's Rising Popularity
Malielegaoi has gained more popularity increasing his rating to 26%, surpassing his rivals Shorten and King. Many ANZC politicians and businesses have made endorsements to Malielegaoi in support his policies on less strict immigration and economic ideals of "social democracy" based like that the Nordic Union uses well in Europe. Meanwhile so far since the 1st Labour Primary Debate, King had received endorsements from other Labour politicians mainly from New Zealand and Tasmania, and Australian actress Lucy Lawless has announced her endorsement to Annette King.

Meanwhile our native Aussie politician Bill Shorten has came in third place since last night's Labour Debate, gaining 15 endorsements.

As of for Luke Foley he had only received 6 endorsements since the start of his campaign for governor-general of the ANZC. Mr. Foley seems to have started in a really rough start in the 2016 ANZC Election. If he has what it takes to win nominee of Labour Party by August, then his chances are dim. But we can't so sure.

And also Labour candidates Andrew Barr and Rue K.J. MacKieth have dropped out of the primary after receiving no endorsements by anyone. However Andrew Barr has endorsed Malielegaoi and agree with most of the Samoan politician's ideas and views.

-ANZBC News [Politics], Feb. 21st, 2016

"Mr. Malielegaoi what is your opinion when it comes to gay and lesbian rights? What is your opinion of the LGBT Community of the ANZC?"

"I hereby support the LGBT Community of the ANZC, I actually was proud that days ago Western Australia became the first state to legalize same-sex marriage."

"I know many people back in my home country of Samoa will argue and beg to differ with my views when it comes to homosexuality, since many Samoans are against it, but aren't hateful either. And others are usually neutral towards the issue itself. But for me I see nothing wrong with two men or two women wanting to get marriage. Because in my opinion I believe that marriage is a act of a union between two loving individuals regardless of race, gender, and sexuality."

-Newcastle LGBT News, Feb. 22nd, 2016

Last edited:
February 2016: III - March 2016: I
Francis Awaritefe plays as historic human rights activist, Martin Luther King Jr. in three episodes of Star Trek: The New Era, where the USS Equality finds itself sent back in time to 1960's around the time of the Civil Rights Movement in the US South. The three episodes become a cultural awareness aimed directly against racism across New Zealand, Australia, Hawaii and Samoa!

"I am very honored to have played as the great hero MLK in Star Trek: The New Era, it honestly makes me happy that our society is becoming more multiracial and multicultural. And I hope it continues to be that way, because that is the bright future I am seeing right now."

-ANZC Entertainment Weekly, Feb. 28th, 2016

It absolutely disgusts me that our very own entertainment and television has become run by these Yanks and their Aussie-lovers. It makes me want to shout at the top of my lungs just to see a fucking damn nigger be starring as a historic nigger who fought for nigger rights. The Australian Brotherhood will do whatever is neccesary against the new cursed film industry. We need to save our proud film industry from the parasitic Americans and the libtards (And I am not talking about the damn Liberal Party of Australia, I mean the real libtards that fight for fucking so called equality, which is nothing but a bullshit lie they invented.)

For now on the Australian Brotherhood's motto will be "There is no such thing as equality, there is only privileges with only we have!".

The First Conservative Primary Debate is held in Darwin, Northern Territory! The Conservative candidates Campbell Newman, Jeff Kennett, Malcolm Turnbull, Julie Bishop, Alik L. Alik, Joey H.S. Vernal, and Yosieo P. George have attended on live international debate aired on TV and streamed by Internet across the ANZC and its associate territories including, Hawaii, Kiribati, Belau, Alaska, Yukon, and many others.

The main discussion in this debate is focused on increase military funding in navy, allow tighter immigration and refugee policies to prevent massive amount of refugees from the former United States, China and Great Britain from coming into any ANZC main territory. They are also going to debate on gun laws on whether or not should the ANZC change and make gun purchasing more harder or not.

-Pacific Political Newspaper, March 1st, 2016

"What we need to do is to enforce more tougher laws and policies when it comes to immigration and refugee asylum to the ANZC. I say that if a refugee doesn't have a visa or has a fake visa they will be deported back to where they came from. Without a visa or a proper and real visa or passport then refugees MAY not be allowed to live in any ANZC territory. If they do happen to get pass border control, they will be automatically illegal immigrants and will be hunted down and deported back to where they came from."

"Mrs. Bishop, should refugees have a number of years to be allowed to stay in the ANZC? Or should be permanent settlement into the ANZC?"

"I say that if they don't go through the complete process of immigration in any nation of the ANZC, or they refuse to assimilate into our culture then they're deadline will be five years. If they fail to do so after five years, then they will be sent back to their nation of origin."

"I beg to differ Bishop, we can't simply enforce refugees to assimilate into our culture, that just simply is going against someone's rights."

"I agree with Mr. Turnbull, that in fact sounds very extreme as well. Also what about children born in the ANZC to refugees? What happens to them?"

"Well Mr. Turnbull and George, I do however believe if a person is born on a soil of any nation in the ANZC, they are automatically considered a citizen of that country. However if their parents get involved in crime, then that child's citizenship is stripped."

-First Conservative Live Debate, March 1st, 2016

FINALLY we have a politician in the election who knows what we as whites of Australia want! To bring back the WHITE AUSTRALIA POLICY! JULIE BISHOP FOR GOVERNOR-GENERAL!

A home invasion leads to an entire small family of 5 people to be discovered murdered in a execution-style way this late morning around 9:43 AM. Police of the city of Wagga Wagga believe this is a hate crime directed towards the American refugees. However many questions remain unanswered as who did this and why?

-Wagga Wagga City News, March 4th, 2016

Last edited:
Guyana joins the SAC and Hawaii wishes for full "statehood" in ANZC

The Guyana Cooperative has become a new member of the SAC today after the majority of the member nations of the SAC have voted "Yes" for the referendum. The Guyana Cooperative is now the newest and youngest member state to be apart of the South American Confederation. The Guyanese have sent two ambassadors to the organization's capital in Montevideo, UAR, formerly what was once the capital of the nation of Uruguay before it peacefully agreed to merge with Argentina and the Falklands to form the United American Republic.

-ANZCB World News, March 9th, 2016

Venezuela leaves the SAC due to Guyana joining, due to the long disputed Guayana Esequiba the nation of Venezuela leaves mainly due to border disputes and having bitter relations with the Guyana Cooperative

-ABC News Live 24/7, March 10th, 2016

"If the Venezuelans want to leave our powerful economic alliance, then so be it! I can't stop them from leaving, so if they want to leave then let them leave. They better not come back to us for financial aid. And if they dare try to attack the new member state of Guyana Cooperative, then it is going to be a war that will be involving all members of the SAC. So those Venezuelans better know what they are doing, because if they screw up, they'll be back into the hands of unfair government, aka dictatorship. The things we used to be all known for in history until we South Americans realized our wrongdoing and overthrew our dictators and brought democracy."

"Besides, Venezuela leaving the South American Confederation is not going to much damage in economy or the stock market either. Though we will lose one of our major production of petroleum, but we have oilfields in Argentina and Chile to help provide us oil as a backup. So we the South American people and the SAC will not fall over a former member state leaving us. We will still be strong in the end regardless."

-Hawaiian Sun Telegraph, March 10th, 2016

Hawaii.jpg

The Free State of Hawaii has announced to the ANZC Parliament that is wishes to become a new integral territory to the ANZC. The parliament has came to agreement with the Hawaiian government and informed the Hawaiians that they must first have an election on whether should Hawaii should become a new integral territory to the ANZC, or not. If the majority of voters have voted "Yes" then the next stage of "statehood" as Hawaiians call it; will be the entire ANZC government will vote on whether to allow Hawaii as a new integral territory or not. As a result the Hawaiians will vote on this on June 15th, 2016. After that the ANZC will decide this outcome on July 8th, 2016.

-ANZBC NewsRadio, March 12th, 2016

Last edited: