The Eagle Down Under (1983: Doomsday TL 2016-2030)

Who do you think will win nomination of ANZC Labour Party in the 2019 Federal Election?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How has science fiction evolved?

This article lists some science fiction, including alternate versions of the Gundam franchise that develops a different path from OTL due to Doomsday. I guess post-DD society would see the likes of Star Wars and Star Trek with much nostalgia for the days before the nukes fell.

How has science fiction evolved?
Science fiction has sort of evolved in some ways. Like often it will mention Doomsday or an equivalent to it.

Time travel, space colonization, terraforming, AI, robots, cyberpunk (although it be more like that of a different way) are still a common trope in Post-Doomsday sci-fi.

But also a huge genre in science fiction would be solarpunk, with settings where technology is mostly solar-based.

Furthermore in Australia and parts of South America, sexuality is often explored in sci-fi, especially with LGBT relationships being seen in positive light. As well as stories that explore the concept of post-racial society and post-feminist society (as in society where woman are fully equal to men).

This article lists some science fiction, including alternate versions of the Gundam franchise that develops a different path from OTL due to Doomsday. I guess post-DD society would see the likes of Star Wars and Star Trek with much nostalgia for the days before the nukes fell.
I mean take my EDU take on Gundam, especially Gundam: After Earth.

We have just received reports from the small Peruvian town of María.

Reports being from residents informing via emergency phoneline that explosions have been heard and a few small explosions have been seen a few kilometers away in the historic ruins Kuélap.

Already online people firmly believe this is another act of terrorism. But nobody has any clue who might responsible. Possibilities ranging from Hamas Caliphate sympathizers or the New Shining Path.

-ABC World News 24/7, June 25th, 2022

Peruvian authorities have arrived at the historic site to find it severely damaged having suffered from an manmade explosion, which police believe to have been caused by powerful homemade bombs or dynamite.

Police are now currently determined to find out who is responsible for this sickening disgusting act of terrorism.

Department of Amazonas declares state of emergency and enacts curfews on civilians starting tomorrow from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM. If anyone is outside pass curfew they will need to have legitimate reasons to why they are doing so, otherwise they will be asked to return home.

Refusal to abide temporary curfew will result in arrest by police.

As for the people responsible for the severe damage caused at Kuélap, it is still unknown. But authorities are currently working on finding out who is responsible.

-NBBC World News 24/7, June 25th, 2022

We have just now received word that four armed gunmen have taken over a building in the town of Panao, Huanuco Department, and are reportedly holding hostages.

-SBS World News 24/7, June 25th, 2022

Police are now on the scene and believe that the gunmen are holding up to 11 people in the building as hostages.

Furthermore they are also shouting that they will kill the hostages and then themselves in order to get revenge at the “people of Peru”.

-ATV Noticias 24/7, June 25th, 2022

“We do not care if you surrender or try to stop us!”

“We are the New Shining Path, and we will wage war on all of Peru until it is liberated from its current toxic ideology under Castillo! He is a liar, coward, and isn’t a communist like we are!”

“This is also for revenge in response to the death of Comrade Alipio back in 2015! You may of killed him, but you have only angered the dragon which is us all!”

“Fight us! We will fight back and ensure more people get our message!”

“We are the New Shining Path!”

“Long live the People's War! People's War until communism is achieved in all the lands and corners of Peru!”

-Video made by the New Shining Path online and translated, NBBC World News 24/7, June 25th, 2022

President Castillo has given orders to authorities in Panao to arrest any members or sympathizers of the New Shining Path. Furthermore giving orders stating that if any of the terrorists continue to resist, it will lead to more brutality.

“I might be a Marxist, but I’m absolutely nothing like those damn dogs that the New Shining Path sees themselves as. Using and manipulating fear and chaos to spread their ideology is outright lunacy and horrific.”

“True Marxists and other left-wingers will not ever standby and allow these egotistical maniacs to get away with their evil acts against our very nation of Peru.”

“They may fight us, they can throw whatever they wish at us.”

“But they will never break our very nation of Peru or its people. For we will never give into fear from men who want other men to fear them!”

-President Pedro Castillo of Peru, June 25th, 2022

Australian and New Zealander stationed soldiers in Peru are now being given orders to help the Peruvian armed forces and police crush the New Shining Path.

Prime Minister Wong announces that Australia will help to the best of its ability to help crush the New Shining Path in Peru.

-SBS World News 24/7, June 25th, 2022

Peruvian police in Panao are now engaging in a battle with the four gunmen of the New Shining Path!

All civilians are now being ordered to stay inside for safety to prevent getting caught in between crossfire!

Why the New Shining Path is more crazier, and we’ll explain why

-The Big Smoke (TBS), June 25th, 2022

A car bomb in Ica, Peru detonates and kills 4 people and injures 6 others. Police believe without a doubt it was done by the New Shining Path.

-NBBC World News 24/7, June 25th, 2022

Authorities finally liberate the building that the gunmen were holding up in Panao, however the men managed to kill at least 3 of the hostages before police could kill the gunmen.

Keiko Fujimori (leader of Popular Front) publicly states that the situation wouldn’t have happened if she had been elected as Peru’s president.

-The West Australian, June 26th, 2022

Australian stationed troops in Arequipa arrest 9 suspected members of the New Shining Path, before handing them over to Peruvian authorities.

-El Peruano, June 26th, 2022

Brazilian government announces it will send a few hundred of volunteers to Peru to assist in the war against the New Shining Path.

-The Rio Times, June 26th, 2022

“The New Shining Path is essentially Peru’s equivalent to the former Australian Brotherhood. Different ideologies, but same purpose.”

“Cause destruction, harm, death, and fear.”

-Director of the CIB, Louis Richard Howery-Morrell, June 27th, 2022

Okay so update.

Finally a update? Wait huh?

Yeah this update is pretty much OOC, but I will explain exactly why there been no updates for the past few months.

There are numerous reasons and I will provide them right now.

1. I have no idea where to go next in future updates, so simply put writer's blocks.
2. I began growing very disinterested in my TL, seeing that it is based of an already existing alternate history (1983: Doomsday) and not being original has kind of made me feel a bit disappointing toward myself.
3. Life. Yeah real life has pretty much caught up with me and all. I mean just recently back in February of this my paternal grandfather (who I call Pop Pop Lou) died from a heart attack in his 70s despite being healthy in good shape. Now before you send you condolences, I am okay for the most part albeit just still shocked about it because it happened out of nowhere.
4. Lack of motivation is another factor why I haven't been updating this TL much. For the most part I have grown very disinterested in this TL and been doing less work on it.
5. Other alternate history ideas that original and unrelated to 1983: Doomsday, are some such things I have been exploring by myself. In fact if anything I really want to make a alternate history of the 2000s or early 2010s, something original and something that people of my generation Gen Z can relate to.

Now this doesn't mean this TL is dead, and this doesn't mean I have quit either. It just means that you guys will expecting less updates in the future. Do not worry I have not abandoned it 100%, yet. But if I do end up getting to 100%, I will let you guys know.

I hope you all understand, and I apologize if this recent update is disappointing. But it wouldn't be fair for you guys if I left ya in the dark.

Stretch

Donor
Okay so update.

Finally a update? Wait huh?

Yeah this update is pretty much OOC, but I will explain exactly why there been no updates for the past few months.

There are numerous reasons and I will provide them right now.

1. I have no idea where to go next in future updates, so simply put writer's blocks.
2. I began growing very disinterested in my TL, seeing that it is based of an already existing alternate history (1983: Doomsday) and not being original has kind of made me feel a bit disappointing toward myself.
3. Life. Yeah real life has pretty much caught up with me and all. I mean just recently back in February of this my paternal grandfather (who I call Pop Pop Lou) died from a heart attack in his 70s despite being healthy in good shape. Now before you send you condolences, I am okay for the most part albeit just still shocked about it because it happened out of nowhere.
4. Lack of motivation is another factor why I haven't been updating this TL much. For the most part I have grown very disinterested in this TL and been doing less work on it.
5. Other alternate history ideas that original and unrelated to 1983: Doomsday, are some such things I have been exploring by myself. In fact if anything I really want to make a alternate history of the 2000s or early 2010s, something original and something that people of my generation Gen Z can relate to.

Now this doesn't mean this TL is dead, and this doesn't mean I have quit either. It just means that you guys will expecting less updates in the future. Do not worry I have not abandoned it 100%, yet. But if I do end up getting to 100%, I will let you guys know.

I hope you all understand, and I apologize if this recent update is disappointing. But it wouldn't be fair for you guys if I left ya in the dark.
No problem, just knowing this isn't dead means I can happily wait patiently!