The Doctor's Alive!

BRAINSTORM PART 3

The Doctor uses the TARDIS' computers to analyse the data on the ETS. It creates a "unified brain" shared between the scientists which if interrupted would kill them...

While analysing the data the Doctor tells Peri about the Master and his clashes with him over millennia and how they fight each other to stalemate... (*)

The Master meanwhile had recovered from the Doctor's attack and is embarking on the next phase of the plan...

The TARDIS's alert system kicks in. The Doctor says that a huge energy wave is building in the Master's lab " It must be the ETS...its overloading! The Doctor triggers the dematerialisation sequence. They arrive back in the lab where the ETS is smoking. The Master is no-where to be seen. The Doctor uses the TARDIS to take control of the ETS and deactivates it. The scientists stir

As they do so a dematerialisation is heard. The Doctor and Peri rush to see a TARDIS fading away. The Master's voice is heard. Damn you Doctor, Damn you....

After a check on the scientists who appear to be fine. The Doctor and Peri depart in their TARDIS. The Doctor explains to Peri that the ETS was taking on too much and couldn't cope. He guesses that the Master tried to disconnect the machine and caused it to catch fire.

The scientists will recover and raise the alarm but their secrets are with the Master.

"So he'll be back" asks Peri

"Oh yes, we'll meet him again"

Well, at least if Michael Grade starts dating Liza Goddard, he won't want to cancel Doctor Who because of it.

Extra marks if you can bring Lethbridge-Stewart into a story, have him get injured, and then have the Doctor announce his survival using the Brigadier's middle name.

RERISEN

The Doctor lands on earth in 1990 to find the silurians have awoken. He is determined to make sure that they are not condemned to further injustice.

He and Peri must face both the angry aliens and a more supine Unit to ensure that history is not repeated.

(I’m condensing the synopsis from now on)

HATCHERY

The Doctor and Peri land on a planet in the far future where they discover a malfunctioning Cyber hatchery. The Doctor is torn between turning the systems off or trying to reprogram the computers to instil humanity and compassion.

(END OF SERIES)

Blessed's first series averaged 9.3 million viewers. Overall criticism was good but there were a few niggles. Radio Times correspondents said that there wasn't much story development due to the speed of the stories, plus there was too many referrals to the Doctor's backstory. Each adventure referred back to a previous arc.

For the second series some changes were made. Big changes...

Missed this the first time around, liking it. Blessed is probably tied with David Warner for "best Doctor that never was" in my book (not discounting the two Big Finish plays with the latter as an alt-3rd Doc).

For the second series the BBC made some big changes. Firstly it was put back on Saturday night. Secondly the format was changed. Instead of 4 3-part stories there would be 13 50 minute long episodes.

Thirdly and most drastically DW would form part of the BBC's new Saturday schedule designed to blow ITV out of the water:

SATURDAY NIGHTS

4.00 Match of The Day Live
7.30 The Late Late Breakfast Show
8.20 Doctor Who
9.10 News

The second series would also have more straight historical stories. This would give the sixth doctor space to bring his swashbuckling skills to the fore and also give Peri more depth.

NEW WORLD (2 Parts)

The TARDIS lands on the Santa Maria during Columbus's journey to the America. The Doctor and Peri find themselves in a plot to discredit the explorer whilst at the same time ensuring that history follows the correct course.

This has been mentioned in several forums but I've not found any TL's. So here goes..

The Sixth Doctor:
View attachment 398024
In a unfinished timeline, "Step By Step" I planned for Blessed to be the Six Doctor. The Issue that I knew I need to address, was JNT. Unless JNT is removed, we would be unlikely to see better stories.
Colin Baker run was hurt by a number of bad choices by the Production staff, including the scripts, the costumes and both the way the Doctor and Perri behaved. Baker is better in the Big Finish Audios as the Doctor and his companion come off better as characters.
While I always knew that when I got to that point in the Timeline, I have to remove JNT. I never got around to that point in the timeline.

So why would JNT Leave the show and who would replace him as producer?

In a unfinished timeline, "Step By Step" I planned for Blessed to be the Six Doctor. The Issue that I knew I need to address, was JNT. Unless JNT is removed, we would be unlikely to see better stories.
Colin Baker run was hurt by a number of bad choices by the Production staff, including the scripts, the costumes and both the way the Doctor and Perri behaved. Baker is better in the Big Finish Audios as the Doctor and his companion come off better as characters.
While I always knew that when I got to that point in the Timeline, I have to remove JNT. I never got around to that point in the timeline.

So why would JNT Leave the show and who would replace him as producer?

Hmm I would say Graham Williams to return for a while.

The Fires of Pompeii (1 PART)

Landing in Pompeii just 1 day before the eruption the Doctor and Peri argue between themselves over whether to save a family.

The Fires of Pompeii (1 PART)

Landing in Pompeii just 1 day before the eruption the Doctor and Peri argue between themselves over whether to save a family.

Interesting Take
since David Tennant had that Episode in 2008
Special is here BRAIN BLESSED has to make the decision let Die or let them live
Also he play emperor Augustus in BBC cult classic I, Claudius

or BRAIN BLESSED words (jump to 1:40 mark and Enjoy)
that why

TO PLAY THE KING 2 parts
A civil war thriller pitting the Doctor against not just the roundheads and cavaliers but also a Sontaran plot to colonise the planet.