The Doctor's Alive!

This has been mentioned in several forums but I've not found any TL's. So here goes..

The Sixth Doctor:
images.jpeg

Any thoughts?
What immediately springs to mind is the comedy part of Patrick Troughton and the action man part of Jon Pertwee combined.

IIRC Brian Blessed is a very good amateur mountaineer and in the 1980s did a documentary about George Mallory in which he got within a few thousand feet of the summit of Mount Everest himself.

So Cosmic Hobo and Plutovian Karate combined, except when I checked it in The Making of Dr Who it was Venusian Aikido.

What immediately springs to mind is the comedy part of Patrick Troughton and the action man part of Jon Pertwee combined.

IIRC Brian Blessed is a very good amateur mountaineer and in the 1980s did a documentary about George Mallory in which he got within a few thousand feet of the summit of Mount Everest himself.

So Cosmic Hobo and Plutovian Karate combined, except when I checked it in The Making of Dr Who it was Venusian Aikido.

Hmm...interesting combo.

The Sixth Doctor can be described as larger than life not just in size and clothing but in attitude. Donning a blood red floor length coat, white waistcoat and black trousers he instantly grabs the attention of anyone in his field of vision.

With his girth and huge beard plus his booming voice he is as far away from his fifth incarnation as its possible to get.

In terms of personality he draws from his second, third and fourth incarnations. He is in turn jovial and serious, chatty and moody, gentle and livid.

His thirst for knowledge is matched by his desire for justice. His attitude to wrong doing is almost like a bull in a china shop. He will quite literally barge his way through guards and menials and has no hesitation is grabbing people and hoisting them up against a wall

This is tempered by his caring and thoughtfulness. He will do anything necessary to protect life and often holds his female companions in a bear hug.

WARHEAD PART 1 by Robert Saward
On the planet Mestor a top secret plan is in progress. The twin mathematical genii Xamot and Tomax are conducting equations for a new weapon. But there are under duress...

The Doctor is in turmoil after his regeneration. Prowling the TARDIS control room like an animal he bellows and shouts and causes Peri to flee for her safety. As he storms after her he collapses on the floor...

Back on Mestor an associate of the twins sneaks down a corridor to a communications room to send a distress call. "This is the planet Mestor. We are being held hostage and forced to design and build a new bio-weapon. Please send help. Its the... A blast kills him and destroys the console...

The TARDIS receives the call and starts dematerialising. As it does so it scans the control room and reads the Doctor collapsed. A message appears on the main viewer

EMERGENCY ALERT INITIALATING TRANSFIGURATION SEQUENCE

PART 2
Peri is cowering in her room in the TARDIS. After a period of silence she gingerly walks back to the control room. She is puzzled and disorientated to see the TARDIS control room totally altered. Seeing the Doctor on the floor she bends down to see if he's alright...

On Mestor the twins are continuing their calculations. Their attempt to raise the alarm had infuriated their captors with the warning that any further disobedience will be met with the deadliest force. No-one s aware that the SOS has been answered...

The Doctor wakes up and apologises to Peri for scaring her. He says that regeneration can cause temporary mental instability and that he is fine. Picking himself up he states the TARDIS can alter its internal infrastructure to match the mood and personality of the time lord that it is bio-linked to. Reading the navigational computer he sees the TARDIS is in flight after answering the distress call from Mestor. Looking down at his now bulging cricket whites he goes to find a new outfit...

On Mestor the twins are using their mathematical skills to rig the weapon to fail. Their captors watch from another room...

The Doctor re-enters the control room in his new clothing. Peri laughs and says he looks like Santa Claus. The Doctor smiles and recalls "old Saint Nick". The TARDIS lands. Using the scanner the Doctor sees they have landed in some kind of scientific complex.

The Doctor and Peri leave the TARDIS and walk down a corridor. Using the Sonic Screwdriver the Doctor scans for lifeforms. Opening a door he and Peri enter the room where the twins are. The twins asks who they are. The Doctor replies "This is Miss Perpugilliam Brown also known as Peri. I am the Doctor"

A voice rings out DOCTOR, DOCTOR. Another door opens and the captors are revealed. Peri asks who they are. The Doctor replies "Daleks"...

PART 3
The Doctor and Peri are imprisoned in a room. They are interrogated by a white Dalek calling itself the Commander. The Dalek informs them that there is a civil war amongst their race and that they are building a bioweapon to destroy the rebels. The twins are being used to create a specific program that will eradicate the rebels genetic tissue. They killed someone who raised the alarm believing that the rebels would track them down. They assumed the SOS was prevented.

The Doctor is ordered to assist the twins to adapt the weapon for time travel purposes. The Doctor refuses. The Daleks threaten to kill Peri if he refuses. Reluctantly the Doctor obeys...

In the lab the Doctor asks the twins how they got involved. They tell him that they were the products of a genetic enhancement programme and were kidnapped by the Daleks. The Doctor quickly realise that the twins are fluent in binary code. The three form a plan...

Meanwhile Peri is still been held captive. Suddenly she is teleported out of the cell....

As the Doctor and the Twins work on the weapon they develop a sub-routine that will destroy the genetic structure of all Daleks. Abruptly an alarm sounds and the Daleks go to full alert. The Doctor and the twins are trapped in the lab. On their own they finish the subroutine. The twins inform the Doctor that the weapon is to be attached to a ship. Using the screwdriver the Doctor overrides the lock. He and the twins wheel the warhead out of the room and towards the hanger. They intend to set the warhead off. The Doctor races to get Peri but finds she's gone.

Three Daleks trap him and ready their weapons....A series of blasts ring out. The Daleks are destroyed by a set of red Daleks. Ordering the Doctor to follow them they return to the hangar where they find the Twins and Peri surrounded by Red Daleks. A Blue Dalek teleports in. He informs the Doctor that his name is Thal the leader of the rebellion.

Thal tells the Doctor that the rebels are a direct result of the actions of the Doctor's 2nd incarnation (The Evil Of The Daleks) and that they are a mixture of human and dalek DNA. They have been fighting the official Daleks for centuries and also received the SOS. Thal apologises to the twins for their kidnapping.

The Doctor is astounded and is rendered mute causing Peri to comment that its the first time she's known him to be speechless.

The Doctor extols Thal to destroy the warhead as it would destroy them as well. Thal concedes saying that they don't wish the war to extend to humans.

The rebels depart. The twins send an SOS.

The Doctor and Peri depart. On the TARDIS Peri ask the doctor why he didn't help the rebels? The Doctor explains that his actions in his previous incarnation led to loss of life (Professor Waterfield) and that he never forgave himself for that.

The Doctor looks at Peri, grins and says "what about you" Peri says it'll take a while for her to get used to the changes.

The Doctor replies "That makes two of us"

The first story attracted an average 10.8 million viewers. Viewers loved the fast moving story and adored Blessed's portrayal of the Doctor "A hark back to Pertwee" said one Radio Times writer.

The story was transmitted on Monday, Wednesday and Friday as part of the BBC's plan to dominate the schedules:

MON, WEDS, FRI
7.00 Doctor Who
7.30 Wogan

TUES AND THURS
7-8 Eastenders

Only ever saw Doctor Who during a sci-fi marathon in college (they showed all of The Three Doctors if I recall), but it sounds really fun and entertaining.

BRAINSTORM PART 1

The TARDIS lands in modern day Oxford for a rest. The Doctor and Peri are reading the local paper when they come across a story about a new initiative to create a national science council led by a Dr Jones (Colin Baker)

Intrigued the Doctor is able to infiltrate the meeting. Jones is telling the meeting that the only way that science can truly serve mankind is for mankind and science to become one. To that end he unveils a device called Engrammatic Transfer Storage (ETS). The device claims to copy the brainwaves of individuals and create a mental network.

The Doctor is troubled. Technology like should not be available on Earth in 1984. The meeting ends with a group of scientists talking to Jones

The Doctor and Peri discuss the meeting and decide to track the ETS down using the TARDIS.

The search leads to an abandoned building on the outskirts of the city. Using the Screwdriver the Doctor and Peri find a chamber with 6 scientists attached to a huge machine. Their brains being probed. Watching the transfer is Jones. The Doctor is horrified to realise that Jones is the Master..
3771.jpg

WOW Brian Blessed !
I always loved him in Black Adder!

but that was centuries ago....maybe he's already come back in time in the TARDIS...just to be the doctor, with that big booming voice of his!.

BRAINSTORM PART 1

The TARDIS lands in modern day Oxford for a rest. The Doctor and Peri are reading the local paper when they come across a story about a new initiative to create a national science council led by a Dr Jones (Colin Baker)

Intrigued the Doctor is able to infiltrate the meeting. Jones is telling the meeting that the only way that science can truly serve mankind is for mankind and science to become one. To that end he unveils a device called Engrammatic Transfer Storage (ETS). The device claims to copy the brainwaves of individuals and create a mental network.

The Doctor is troubled. Technology like should not be available on Earth in 1984. The meeting ends with a group of scientists talking to Jones

The Doctor and Peri discuss the meeting and decide to track the ETS down using the TARDIS.

The search leads to an abandoned building on the outskirts of the city. Using the Screwdriver the Doctor and Peri find a chamber with 6 scientists attached to a huge machine. Their brains being probed. Watching the transfer is Jones. The Doctor is horrified to realise that Jones is the Master..View attachment 399167

Does Baker play the master like Paul Merroney or Bayban the Butcher? If the former does Lisa Goddard play The Rani ITTL?

Edit - I just remembered that Kate O'Mara was in The Brothers too.

Last edited:
So, once The Doctor regenerates again in say....1992, who becomes the 7th? I'm thinking someone who can play a darker, more morose, more cynical version of the Chessmaster role. Maybe Richard E. Grant?

Withnail-And-I_2893455b.jpg

With Brian Blessed Just Imagine that Scene:

A Dalek rolls by squeaking "emergency, emergency, emergency" Follow by The Sixth Doctor with huge battle axe in hand, saying:
COME BACK YOU COWARDLY TINCAN AND FIGHT ME LIKE A MAN !

BRAINSTORM PART 2

The Doctor and Peri watch as the ETS absorbs the brain patterns of the scientists. Peri absent-mindedly knocks over something on a shelf. The Master hears the noise grabs a weapon and orders the intruders in to the room. The duo enter the room. For a few seconds the Master is confused then realises who the stranger is.

"Doctor, I should have expected you, although I have to say the beard doesn't suit."

The Doctor replies "You have some need to talk. That mess on your face makes you as ridiculous as your plans. I suppose you stole that body from some unfortunate soul like you did with poor Tremas"

"There was a Dr Jones. We had a disagreement over the ETS and I won"

Peri explodes, "You're a thief, a liar and a murderer!

"I prefer to call myself an innovater" replies the Master. "Doctor while its always agreeable to see you again I'm afraid this is where it ends...for good.

The Master raises his weapon.

"Haven't we forgotten something" asks the Doctor

"What"

"Explaining your plan, or has that beard wiped your ability to crow"

"Of course"

The Master goes on to explain that the ETS creates a library of scientific theory which is stored in the computers on his TARDIS. He will use that information to solve the problems of worlds across time and space...at a price

"Parasite" screams Peri.

The Master is irate "Do not interrupt me, child" He lunges for Peri but the Doctor attacks, spinning the Master around he lands a huge right hook sending the Master sprawling. The Doctor uses the screwdriver to scan the ETS and then runs out of the room with Peri following in his wake.

Back in the TARDIS the Doctor is examining the data from the screwdriver. Peri asks why he didn't help the scientists. The Doctor explains that he would have killed them if he'd interfered with the ETS "Would you turn off a life support machine"

"So what are we going to do" asks Peri...