The Diamond Map Thread

map-diamond-europe-2-png.653621

Dude, these maps are at least 15 years old. Of course they suck ass, the big thing here is that they suck less than most maps from 15 years ago.
I wouldn't think the alternate history scene or its standards would change that much in that amount of time

Dude, these maps are at least 15 years old. Of course they suck ass, the big thing here is that they suck less than most maps from 15 years ago.
Well, lots of them suck less than some maps of today... and there are at least few of them which are even today pretty awesome

Yeah, I've only been around since 2010 or so and the standards have gone up dramatically. The worlda has become dramatically more detailed and QGIS has exploded in popularity, making very high quality maps so much more common.

Your fault for not having looked through the thread to begin with.

Sidenote: we need to go back and archive every single still-extant map from the old threads. Too many have been lost, we need to retain what we can.

Every still-extant map worth the powder to blow it to hell, anyway. Far too many basic Nazis/Confederates Win With South America Exactly the Same maps to bother to save en toto.

Every still-extant map worth the powder to blow it to hell, anyway. Far too many basic Nazis/Confederates Win With South America Exactly the Same maps to bother to save en toto.
Nah, having all of them saved would still be useful as it shows just how far we've come: now alternate history spaces can't even come up with their own bland and boring grimdark, they have to use HOI4 mods to achieve the same effect.

Edit: on second thought, I think all HOI mods have done is take over from GURPS. We really do need to go back to doing covers of those scenarios, they really are interesting and I haven't seen anyone talk about them in ages.

Last edited: