The Death of Russia - TL

Russia has been a doomed nation since the Mongols. Every time nomads conquer settled peoples, they always meld and change to fit into the cultures they conquer. Except with Russia, where the process happened in reverse. The extractive institutions of the Mongol Empire stayed with Russia forever.
I wouldn't say Russia is the sole exception to this owing to the Turkification of Anatolia/modern-day Turkey with how the Rhomaioi of Anatolia ("Byzantine" was never used by the peoples of the ERE), when the Seljuk Turks conquered it in the 11th Century, adopted the ways and language of the Seljuks instead of the Seljuks adopting Greek language and culture as they had Persianized before, but I see your point with your statement.

SuperZtar64

Banned
I wouldn't say Russia is the sole exception to this owing to the Turkification of Anatolia/modern-day Turkey with how the Rhomaioi of Anatolia ("Byzantine" was never used by the peoples of the ERE), when the Seljuk Turks conquered it in the 11th Century, adopted the ways and language of the Seljuks instead of the Seljuks adopting Greek language and culture as they had Persianized before, but I see your point with your statement.
I stand corrected. But as you mentioned the Turks had already by the late 11th century began their own process of turning into their conquered peoples so I'd venture to say it's not a 1:1 comparison with the Mongol conquest of Russia.

Economic shock-therapy was employed by other ex-Soviet states and they didn't turn into authoritarian dictatorships controlled by oligarchs.

The failure of these policies lies on the Russia leadership, for their disasterous imolementation, and the Russian people, who refused to engage with their past and instead allowed themselves to disengage from poloitics and accepted comfort over liberty.
Ukraine and Kazakhstan are two countries that I know of that committed themselves to privatization and have oligarchs. Kazakhstan is a dictatorship. As of @Lalli the results of shock therapy vary state by state though some face serious problems with oligarchy and authoritarianism unlike others.

Infobox - October Crisis
Alright, there's a fixed version of my infobox. @Sorairo, can you please don't forget to threadmark my infobox post, if you can?
8HuDgjG.png

Last edited:
Infobox about Second Russian Civil War will be intresting to see. There is so many participants and it is partially bit confusing thing.

Infobox about Second Russian Civil War will be intresting to see. There is so many participants and it is partially bit confusing thing.
Next installment and possibly, a movie/TV series/documentary posters related to this TL that I'm going to make soon with actors/actresses to play with if I'm going to let @shearsforest help me with the idea.

I imagine TTL's Wikipedia to go with Communists vs Nashists vs Lebed/FEK/Kaliningrad vs Minorities vs Jihadists when doing a wikibox of the 2RCW, on that note.

I imagine TTL's Wikipedia to go with Communists vs Nashists vs Lebed/FEK/Kaliningrad vs Minorities vs Jihadists when doing a wikibox of the 2RCW, on that note.
But can we talk about my plan to create the infobox in conversations instead? I will try to figure out later on as I'm going to focus on other things.

It would work. But it would be still bit more complicate since depending when you count beginning of 2RCW. If you take 1993 at beginning of Civil War you have Parliamentarist and Yeltsinist forces. Then you have NSF vs. secessionist republics. Furthermore in Siberia NSF acted as united against Lebed and Tuva.

Furthermore in Siberia NSF acted as united against Lebed and Tuva.
IIRC, outside of the guys in Irkutsk, the Siberian NSF for the most part pledged allegiance to Anpilov and co, so they'd probably be counted as forces of the Russian Soviet Republic in popular accounts of the whole thing.

It would work. But it would be still bit more complicate since depending when you count beginning of 2RCW. If you take 1993 at beginning of Civil War you have Parliamentarist and Yeltsinist forces. Then you have NSF vs. secessionist republics. Furthermore in Siberia NSF acted as united against Lebed and Tuva.
So, should I divide the stages of the Second Russian Civil War in the upcoming installment or not?

Well the first civil war was confusing enough with the Communists and the white army and plus the green and black armies too.

This is not even mentioning that other groups during the first Russian civil war so the Second Civil War as confusing to the first would be not a surprise
Alright, there's a fixed version of my infobox. @Sorairo, can you please don't forget to threadmark my infobox post, if you can?
8HuDgjG.png
Are you going to make more stuff like this soon

Well the first civil war was confusing enough with the Communists and the white army and plus the green and black armies too.

This is not even mentioning that other groups during the first Russian civil war so the Second Civil War as confusing to the first would be not a surprise

Are you going to make more stuff like this soon
Sure but I will take into deep insight on naming the involved leaders and military commanders as I'm going to focus on each part involving Ichkeria's brave battle.