The Death of Russia - TL

Map - March 1996
dfk0frz-1c7ffc14-7cb8-4503-81ac-da09e8486b7d.png

A tentative map of former Russia on March 1996 (pending approval of Sorairo).
(I'm not sure if the Nashist offensive in the Volga cut through Chuvashia, Tatarstan and Mari El.

BECAUSE THEORETICALLY, YOU CAN TRY TO WRITE TO BARKASHOV.

And to Putin and his inner circle. But perhaps not do that. Otherwise the government might decide to block AH.com in Russia.

Just wondering what Mishustin (current PM of OTL Russia) is doing. Definitely not serving Nashis since he is Jew (altough IDK how much but at least his father was a Jew anyway). Probably fled to Kaliningrad.

In the first instance was Cuba, now going through the worst economic crisis it had faced in anyone’s lifetime. The refugee crisis to Florida was as bad as it had ever been and the newly hawkish Clinton Administration was looking for any way to prove he was tough after a disastrous midterm. Fortunately, he wouldn’t have to pick a fight with Cuba, as the Cubans themselves did what thirty-five years of CIA plots failed to do. In January, Castro began private negotiations with Anpilov, offering to send the Cuban army to beef up his forces on the battlefield with Iran as a conduit. In return, he needed resources to save his people from starvation - something Anpilov didn’t have. When news reached the Cuban army about what Fidel was planning, they thought he’d lost his mind, but Castro insisted that it was necessary to get the resources Cuba needed. Ultimately for the army, it came down to Castro dragging everyone down with him or dragging Castro down to save everyone. On January 17th 1995, the world was shocked when it was announced in Cuba that the Castro brothers were both dead due to ‘unknown assassins'. A special military junta was put in place, and Cuba would eventually negotiate a peaceful return to democracy in 1996.
I'm partway through this TL and it's good so far but this part confused me.

The Castros are respected in Cuba even today for their actions. I don't think they'd be killed as much as everyone demanding Fidel to immediately reverse that decision.

I'm partway through this TL and it's good so far but this part confused me.

The Castros are respected in Cuba even today for their actions. I don't think they'd be killed as much as everyone demanding Fidel to immediately reverse that decision.

Army just decided that it doesn't want go to Cuba and Fidel was pretty stubborn on his decisions. And wasn't Cuba already suffering from economic troubles anyway?

Looks great, but aren't the two Mongolian proxies missing?
I'm partway through this TL and it's good so far but this part confused me. The Castros are respected in Cuba even today for their actions. I don't think they'd be killed as much as everyone demanding Fidel to immediately reverse that decision.
If by "respected", you mean putting a bullet in the head of anyone opposing their power base, rewarding their cronies and living the high life with champagne and women, while the people are starving, then sure: the Castros are extremely respected. General Aladeen would definitely pay his respects.

ITTL, being a communist is a much more dirtier word than OTL, and Castro's cronies realize that their best chance of survival was a pivot to the US. OTL, the "special period" of the 1990s in Cuba with hunger and unrest could easily have gotten to this point, but it didn't in no small measure due to the fact that while trade with Russia was down (from some 7bn$ in 1989 to 0,7bn$ in 1994), it wasn't out. ITTL, we are likely talking about this being 0.

Of course, the coup does happen very neatly in an orderly fashion. Instead of this going like OTL Romania, then it could just as easily have gone like OTL Libya, e.g. a protracted civil war.

Army just decided that it doesn't want go to Cuba and Fidel was pretty stubborn on his decisions. And wasn't Cuba already suffering from economic troubles anyway?
Can't they just mutiny and ask Fidel to ask China for support instead?
If by "respected", you mean putting a bullet in the head of anyone opposing their power base, rewarding their cronies and living the high life with champagne and women, while the people are starving, then sure: the Castros are extremely respected. General Aladeen would definitely pay his respects.

ITTL, being a communist is a much more dirtier word than OTL, and Castro's cronies realize that their best chance of survival was a pivot to the US. OTL, the "special period" of the 1990s in Cuba with hunger and unrest could easily have gotten to this point, but it didn't in no small measure due to the fact that while trade with Russia was down (from some 7bn$ in 1989 to 0,7bn$ in 1994), it wasn't out. ITTL, we are likely talking about this being 0.

Of course, the coup does happen very neatly in an orderly fashion. Instead of this going like OTL Romania, then it could just as easily have gone like OTL Libya, e.g. a protracted civil war.
I'm not defending the Castros. But many Cubans still support them despite all that has happened. It's like expecting Mao to be overthrown because of the Cultural Revolution. Sure Mao was a dick but he was too respected by anyone to even think of deposing.

What I am saying is because of the Castros' significance to the Cuban population, the military would most likely force them to find a better solution. As I said before they would more likely force them to ask China for help.

Can't they just mutiny and ask Fidel to ask China for support instead?

I'm not defending the Castros. But many Cubans still support them despite all that has happened. It's like expecting Mao to be overthrown because of the Cultural Revolution. Sure Mao was a dick but he was too respected by anyone to even think of deposing.

What I am saying is because of the Castros' significance to the Cuban population, the military would most likely force them to find a better solution. As I said before they would more likely force them to ask China for help.
And on that note, even if the miltiary does overthrow them, it is more likely they'd go with "forced to retire for health reasons" instead of an assassination owing to what you mentioned.

And on that note, even if the miltiary does overthrow them, it is more likely they'd go with "forced to retire for health reasons" instead of an assassination owing to what you mentioned.
And even then there could be serious backlash with people thinking the US/capitalists are out to get them. So if the military pulled a coup like that they'd have to seriously ensure the people that Cuba won't go Yeltsin-style. Whether they can succeed is a whole different question considering how popular Fidel is.

Just wondering what Mishustin (current PM of OTL Russia) is doing. Definitely not serving Nashis since he is Jew (altough IDK how much but at least his father was a Jew anyway). Probably fled to Kaliningrad.
At the time of the POD, he was working at the International Computer Club, so there's that.

Anyways, considering the possibility that Lebed, the FEK, and Kaliningrad get nuked has been discussed, I wouldn't be surprised if either Petrograd or Anpilov unleash their nukes on the Uralic and Caucasian secessionists as well.

Concerning with the artworks, sculptures, and other cultural values at that time of the sudden and great collapse, how long would these artifacts ranging from the relics of space exploration, military, and vehicles to the artwork displays be safely transported out from warzones?

What about language development? How long would these varieties of dialects, colloquial, and regional contexts of the Russian language emerge, akin to how the spread of Christian plus the Germanic invasion of the Western Roman Empire would affect the Latin language which develops with dialects influenced by non-Latin languages into Romance? Siberian or Ural might take dialects and varieties of Russian language if it happens at least by the 22nd century should two language might emerge or not.

Concerning with the artworks, sculptures, and other cultural values at that time of the sudden and great collapse, how long would these artifacts ranging from the relics of space exploration, military, and vehicles to the artwork displays be safely transported out from warzones?

Depends where these are locating. But for example Moscow probably won't be safe yet decades or even centuries. There might be even plans for building quarantine wall around the ex-city ensure that no one is not going there and its poisons can't spread to surroudning areas.

Speaking about artefacts, what did happen for Lenin's mummy? Did commies evacuate that or was it destroyed during the battle?

What about language development? How long would these varieties of dialects, colloquial, and regional contexts of the Russian language emerge, akin to how the spread of Christian plus the Germanic invasion of the Western Roman Empire would affect the Latin language which develops with dialects influenced by non-Latin languages into Romance? Siberian or Ural might take dialects and varieties of Russian language if it happens at least by the 22nd century should two language might emerge or not.

That is intresting question. Probably different Russian languages evolve somehow their own direction but remain yet long long time mutually intelligeble at least on some degree. FEK Russian might take lot of influence from Church Slavic and Siberian Russian might evolve on some intresting direction. Regarding Russian spoken on ethnic republic speakers probably just are assimilated to local ethnic groups. In Kaliningrad Russian might remain pretty similar as it was in 1990's and perhaps yet in 2590's residents of Pushkingrad can read Russian texts as well as OTL modern Icelandics can read Old Norse.

Multiple refugee groups in other countries probably eventually are assimilated and they at least forgot their ancestral language and in many places probably even abandon their Russian names and Orthodox religion.

Maybe Central Asian influences?
Not only Turkic but there are Ugric and other non-Slavic Siberian influences. For FEK Russian, it might not only become heavily influenced by Church Slavonic but influenced by East Asian neighbors, given the closeness to the American allies in the wake of North Korea's rampaging attack. What about the European Russian ones?
Speaking about artefacts, what did happen for Lenin's mummy? Did commies evacuate that or was it destroyed during the battle?
Possibly gone but don't forget the Vostok and other spacecraft and military vehicles which are being displayed as an artifact that could be missing or either smuggled out into the West and Japan as exhibiting artifacts. Lenin's corpse within the Mausoleum will neither be taken out for burial nor either their place is being collapsed during intense shelling between the Nashis and resurgent Communists.

I'm sorry if I will take time to build up infoboxes and graphics which contain movies and series about the Second Russian Civil War. I will fix the infobox on the event when Yeltsin gets trapped and killed during the final stages of the 1993 Constitutional Crisis by adding the photo.

What the Russian Antarctic stations did (by the time of the collapse of a Russia only Vostok, Progress, Mirny, Bellingshausen, Druzhnaya IV and Novolazarevskaya were active). Since I assume that any post-Russian state will be too busy to care about what’s happening at the bottom of the world.
I imagine the fate of Mir would probably be a good analogy for it, owing to how they'd probably initially pledge allegiance to Gaidar before it turns out Gaidar had no money to maintain the Antarctic bases with the bases being abandoned (or sold off).