The Death of Russia - TL

In one of those caves was Osama Bin Laden, who was exceptionally content. He was content because on December 12th 1995, he received the news he had waited for: His attempts to bribe one of Anpilov’s nuclear base’s commanders had paid off.​

Holy shit. This is not good at all. Amazing that in Anpilov's Red Russia is still someone who dare to make deals with enemies. If Anpilov ever realises who that idiot was, he is not going to live many minutes.

You suprised me @Sorairo, I honestly thought Vladimir would not make it. I’m sure he will get on fine being ‘re-educated’.\

Poor Mongolia, still not able to expand.

Not a surprise the Americans got dragged in.

Wonder what Bin Laden’s target is? NYC, Isreal? Washington? Guess it depends on what hardware he’s got his disgusting fingers on.

Well, at least knowing that all these books get written, and the clues about the future left for us, we know it wasn't a MAD nuclear war. Most likely not even any major Western cities got hit (although who knows?). But I am worried for the Middle East, and what remains of Russia
Before you die, you will love us.
Literally (lifted from) 1984
That said, it certainly didn’t mean an end to violence, conflict, or betrayal in Siberia.
F*cking Lebed and his Alexander complex. And F*king Aksyuchits and his Messiah complex

You suprised me @Sorairo, I honestly thought Vladimir would not make it. I’m sure he will get on fine being ‘re-educated’.\

Poor Mongolia, still not able to expand.

Not a surprise the Americans got dragged in.

Wonder what Bin Laden’s target is? NYC, Isreal? Washington? Guess it depends on what hardware he’s got his disgusting fingers on.
" I fear that we have awoken a sleeping giant, and filled him with a terrible resolve" - Osama Bin Laden, probably once the entire west is determined to obliterate him and his followers

Well, at least knowing that all these books get written, and the clues about the future left for us, we know it wasn't a MAD nuclear war. Most likely not even any major Western cities got hit (although who knows?). But I am worried for the Middle East, and what remains of Russia

Definitely this is not going to be MAD altough Nashi and Red Russia probably will nuke shit out from each others.

I guess that target will be in Israel or some another pro-USA nation there. Other options could are in Russia or even Chechnya. At least USA is bit unlikely since OBL has not means transit nukes there.

F*cking Lebed and his Alexander complex. And F*king Aksyuchits and his Messiah complex

" I fear that we have awoken a sleeping giant, and filled him with a terrible resolve" - Osama Bin Laden, probably once the entire west is determined to obliterate him and his followers
I would go with this OTL-quote: "I have sworn to only live free. Even if I find bitter the taste of death, I don't want to die humiliated or deceived. I support any Muslims, whether here or abroad. I'm fighting so I can die a martyr and go to heaven to meet God." or maybe this one "America is a great power possessed of tremendous military might and a wide-ranging economy, but all this is built on an unstable foundation which can be targeted, with special attention to its obvious weak spots. If America is hit in one hundredth of these weak spots, God willing, it will stumble, wither away and relinquish world leadership.
I think it is a well known trope of stories on this site to give Putin the luck of the devil much more than the eye of an opportunist. OTL, the dominant theory of why Yeltsin picked Putin was that Yeltsin's advisors wanted someone that they could easily manipulate.

I would go with this OTL-quote: "I have sworn to only live free. Even if I find bitter the taste of death, I don't want to die humiliated or deceived. I support any Muslims, whether here or abroad. I'm fighting so I can die a martyr and go to heaven to meet God." or maybe this one "America is a great power possessed of tremendous military might and a wide-ranging economy, but all this is built on an unstable foundation which can be targeted, with special attention to its obvious weak spots. If America is hit in one hundredth of these weak spots, God willing, it will stumble, wither away and relinquish world leadership.

I think it is a well known trope of stories on this site to give Putin the luck of the devil much more than the eye of an opportunist. OTL, the dominant theory of why Yeltsin picked Putin was that Yeltsin's advisors wanted someone that they could easily manipulate.

Putin seems being such man who can born even if POD is long time before his birth.

But I think that ITTL Putin's luck end pretty soon.

Thank you all for your support and contribution, without which I would have long abandoned this story.

I estimate that there will be about five/six more updates to this Timeline - I will likely self-publish again with some extended material next year. If I write another timeline (no guarantees) I promise that it will be less bleak than this one, admittedly not a hard thing to do.

Also I'm happy that China has intervened in some capacity cuz the tl was looking quite lackluster without a major player like China doing anything.

Jokes aside Bin laden with a Soviet Nuke will be honestly a nightmare if you think about it.

Remember the horrors of 9/11 were caused by some Islamic extremists using knives and/or razor blades NOW imagine them having a fucking nuke that likely more powerful than Hiroshima and Nagasaki
and I imagine that there will an even bigger urge to kill Bin Laden in this timeline

Jokes aside Bin laden with a Soviet Nuke will be honestly a nightmare if you think about it.

Remember the horrors of 9/11 were caused by some Islamic extremists using knives and/or razor blades NOW imagine them having a fucking nuke that likely more powerful than Hiroshima and Nagasaki
We dont have to imagine it, there's a whole timeline where Uncle Osama got bombs and its as horrifying as you can imagine
Though Im looking forward to what Sorairo's unique take on this will be, as the devastation of the Russian Civil War alone one ups that timeline and whatever Bin Laden does with his nuke here is bound to be just as horrific