The Death of Russia - TL

"Come on, you've got to be kidding. There's no way anyone would have let this guy 'unchecked' go on for so long without trying to stop him. Especially when you consider that this America elected such warmongering Presidents that they launched invasions into Iraq and Afghanistan even if Bin Laden only destroyed two little towers out of nothing. This author badly needs to get out, touch grass, and stop reading Tom Clancy if he really thinks Americans would go into such hysterics over a couple of planes crashing into a tower." - From the thread "Vladimir the Republican Tsar"

"You are putting as president of Ukraine someone b-class actor and comedian whom has not even poltiical career? And then he succesfully leads resistance against Russians who seems really incompetent and moronic making WW2 Italians looking like competent. And that US president! Oh shit guy. I have read from Fandom Wiki much better TLs."

"And you're just throwing in a random pandemic that comes from China but does not hit China that hard ... China-wank, anyone?"
"I mean the author did note it was hitting China hard in the author's note. The numbers in that section were the official CCP numbers that the character had access to and they were noted to have suddenly stalled a couple months in. Still ridiculous that nobody would call them on such obvious bullshit but its more believable the whole 2008 election. Why would any party nominate a partial first term senator for president? Not only that but he beat Hillary who had her husband, one of the most popular presidents in memory, backing her?"

Last edited:
Since we are talking about the OTL is unrealistic, then perhaps if the timeline is super-processed, then there will be something like this.

"Wait what?! They were released, and not tortured to death like those three thousand soldiers?! What were you smoking?!"

Yes, I am still surprised by such a sharp escalation of violence.

P.S. It was a reference to the real case of the First Chechen War.

Last edited:
If Zhirinovsky’s Russian Empire TL ever gets made in this timeline, I don’t think it’ll be viewed as crazy considering to what happened out there.

I doubt that there ever is Zhirinovsky's Russia Empire TL since Zhirinovsky was killed early and remained pretty obscure character. There might be some TL with same POD (Yeltsin is killed during August Coup) but there might be some another man taking over Russia. Perhaps Lebed's Russian Empire. But that Russia would be pretty sane nation.

I doubt that there ever is Zhirinovsky's Russia Empire TL since Zhirinovsky was killed early and remained pretty obscure character. There might be some TL with same POD (Yeltsin is killed during August Coup) but there might be some another man taking over Russia. Perhaps Lebed's Russian Empire. But that Russia would be pretty sane nation.
Maybe God strikes all of the soviet leadership and Aksyuchits leads the former Soviet Union?
It'd be a entertaining and even tearjerking ASB TL, though not one known for being very secular

That version of Russia would only be sane because the other version makes it look sane tbh.

Another TL that would be interesting would be one where Rutskoy and Khasbulatov somehow were able to maintain control over the situation after Yeltsin's death.

Another TL that would be interesting would be one where Rutskoy and Khasbulatov somehow were able to maintain control over the situation after Yeltsin's death.

NSF government was already falling apart. Even if Rutskoy and Khasbulatov are not assassinated there would be still even worse division.

But one intresting would be if Anpilov never takes power on whatever reason and someone more rational leader takes over Soviet Russia.

NSF government was already falling apart. Even if Rutskoy and Khasbulatov are not assassinated there would be still even worse division.

But one intresting would be if Anpilov never takes power on whatever reason and someone more rational leader takes over Soviet Russia.
Well, Rutskoy and Khasbulatov being unable to maintain control over the situation was what led to the NSF's takeover, so there's that. And on that note, maybe Zyuganov winning out over Anpilov could be a good POD for a less insane Russian Soviet Republic?

Well, Rutskoy and Khasbulatov being unable to maintain control over the situation was what led to the NSF's takeover, so there's that. And on that note, maybe Zyuganov winning out over Anpilov could be a good POD for a less insane Russian Soviet Republic?

Probably whoever even hardline communist would had been better, more competent, lesser bloodthirsty and more pragmatic than Anpilov. He just shoot people in such level from nothing that even Stalin himself would had been horrified.

Probably whoever even hardline communist would had been better, more competent, lesser bloodthirsty and more pragmatic than Anpilov. He just shoot people in such level from nothing that even Stalin himself would had been horrified.
And my question on if Rutskoy and Khasbulatov managed to come out on top against the NSF in the aftermath of Yeltsin’s death?

And my question on if Rutskoy and Khasbulatov managed to come out on top against the NSF in the aftermath of Yeltsin’s death?

Frankly, NSF government was so dysfunctional and divided that I have hard to see that even more competentand stronger Rutskoy could do for that much. He could of course try disband the government when sees that being too incompetent but he hardly wants to be Yeltsin 2.0. Or another option is that government just falls apart and at best case there is new elections. But I can't give any guesses how these would go.

"And you're just throwing in a random pandemic that comes from China but does not hit China that hard ... China-wank, anyone?"
I got one:

“You can’t possibly tell me that this idiotic orange billionaire’s going to be America’s president right?! And why the fuck are Nazis becoming popular again I thought people collectively agreed to hate on them!”

The New Forest Brothers had just shot an OMON officer - this was after Limonov had reformed them to basically be the second coming of the NKVD.
The second coming of the NKVD? Ehm. I don't understand what is meant by this statement.

Okay, I think it was time for the return of one Evil Pole from Grodno, whose name is Czeslaw Mlynnik and who commanded the Riga OMON (I believe that the reference was to them).

dffqzff-9ac27690-81ca-4310-9fbb-69d081109565.png

A map of Russia at the time of the battle of Sölƶa-Ġala.
Fix it. Crimea is part of Ukraine.