The Death of Russia - TL

I think this origin would probably be changed to "spider virus from super spider changed his DNA" like how it was suggested a few times
Dont see any way around for Hulk however

Explaining Hulk without radioactivity is indeed pretty impossible since it is too important part of his birth and character. Perhaps the character is just eventually abandoned. Spider supervirus could work anyway.

Just a heads up if anyone even cares, but between 1991-1993, the flag of the Russian Federation looked a little bit different as it does today, it had a bright blue rather than dark blue line, and was a little "longer" (dunno what this is called)

The flag of the Russian Federation from 1991 til 1993, and presumably throughout the Gaidar government looked like this:
2560px-Flag_of_Russia_%281991%E2%80%931993%29.svg.png

The current OTL flag of Russia was adopted in 1993, following the 1993 Russian constitutional crisis (which ITTL snowballed into a full-blown civil war)
1280px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png

Assuming that butterflies are working, perhaps the 2000 flag revision would not have occurred ITTL, and the flag of the rump state known as the Russian Federation would still use its older flag design, so for the sake of convenience and to highlight the difference between OTL and TTL Russian Federation, I personally think that it would be better to use this
2560px-Flag_of_Russia_%281991%E2%80%931993%29.svg.png
flag as the flag of Russia.

Regarding Strangelove and James Bond

I think with the former Kubrick would be smart enough to request it to be taken out of stores and exhibitions and ask whoever still watches it to understand it was a product of its time, a different era where the Cold War was nearing its end and there was still hope for nuclear de-escalation, it'd be the tactful thing to do

While the later likely would also have its older movies put out of exhibition but receive some kind of reboot after things calmed down a bit where the evil villain plan is something less outright violent and more silly like trying to taking over the world through the power of social media as a way to play with the popularity of the newly born Internet, something that totally would age well

Assuming that butterflies are working, perhaps the 2000 flag revision would not have occurred ITTL, and the flag of the rump state known as the Russian Federation would still use its older flag design, so for the sake of convenience and to highlight the difference between OTL and TTL Russian Federation, I personally think that it would be better to use this flag as the flag of Russia.

I personally like Russia still using its 1993 flag, to me it would be symbolic of the post-2RCW Russia yearning for the brief years of hope before everything happened. Like they're stuck in the past a bit and still think about how their future of a democratic unified country was stolen from them.

Explaining Hulk without radioactivity is indeed pretty impossible since it is too important part of his birth and character. Perhaps the character is just eventually abandoned. Spider supervirus could work anyway.

Eh, I still think some stuff gets grandfathered in, with Spidy and Hulk's origins being among those unaffected by the post-4/10 nuclear taboo.

While the later likely would also have its older movies put out of exhibition but receive some kind of reboot after things calmed down a bit where the evil villain plan is something less outright violent and more silly like trying to taking over the world through the power of social media as a way to play with the popularity of the newly born Internet, something that totally would age well

James Bond maybe fights against organized crime syndicates (Bond vs Mexican cartels for instance) or third world dictators that still rally against the West. A big part of the Craig-era Bond films were him wondering if men like him still had a purpose without the Cold War, only now its wondering if spies are needed in a post-4/10 or post-Russia world where the world powers are actively working towards nuclear drawdowns to the point where stockpiles are in the triple digits.

I personally like Russia still using its 1993 flag, to me it would be symbolic of the post-2RCW Russia yearning for the brief years of hope before everything happened. Like they're stuck in the past a bit and still think about how their future of a democratic unified country was stolen from them.
1993 flag revision, not 2000, my bad, the current OTL Russian flag was adopted in 1993, but it was only legally codified as the national flag in 2000.

Since the current flag symbolizes Yeltsin's victory on the constitutional crisis, the old 1991-1993 flag still being used ITTL will symbolize that Yeltsin was killed in the crisis that heralded the NSF government.

James Bond maybe fights against organized crime syndicates (Bond vs Mexican cartels for instance) or third world dictators that still rally against the West. A big part of the Craig-era Bond films were him wondering if men like him still had a purpose without the Cold War, only now its wondering if spies are needed in a post-4/10 or post-Russia world where the world powers are actively working towards nuclear drawdowns to the point where stockpiles are in the triple digits.
Another big bad for Bond could be renegade Russians belonging to either the Nashists or the Communists who plan to take revenge on the west for “Ruining Russia”.

I think that for a minimum of 15 or 20 years the prices of real estate in the city centers of the big cities will collapse with the fear that without warning these will disappear in heat and light (Tokyo less because Asia was not affected by the explosions).

With the reconstruction of the internet, telework will develop much faster than in reality. The suburbs are going to develop even more, we can witness the end of the rural exodus in the West, people preferring to live quietly in the countryside.

Since the author has mentioned several times that there will be successful mushroom nukes, I think we can't put too much faith in the hilarious (as well as convenient) scenario of ICBMs in the hands of Petrograd detonating in the silo, falling halfway, do not detonate and generally do not work.

Although seeing what has been seen so far, I suspect that something like Anpilov will launch missiles in all directions will happen, but it will happen that:
-All missiles fired at the West will mysteriously miss. Maybe one will go off in a crowded city inside a NATO country, but that will be it.
-This will provoke a NATO nuclear automatic response that will turn European Russia into a radioactive wasteland.
-The missiles fired at Siberia will destroy the Lebed government, effectively eliminating any possible restoration of Russia from Siberia. (All the other governments seem to have little or no interest in re-establishing Russia as a concept.)
-The nuclear exchange between Petrograd and Stalingrad will be sure to pulverize both governments and their remnants, if NATO missiles were not enough.
Wow in fact my prediction comes truth

I do like though how Sorairo made the US pull a 4D chess move by nuking their own sky to serve as a anti-nuke shield instead of just making all of them not work, it was much more funny
Which is apparently supposed to serve as an excuse for the government to implement "single-payer" healthcare reform instead of simply trying to wash its hands of denying any connection to the increase in cancer cases that this would undoubtedly cause. Which is the standard policy of the US Government whenever any of its decisions causes a disaster, whether intentionally or accidentally. And TTL probably will be the same.

I do like though how Sorairo made the US pull a 4D chess move by nuking their own sky to serve as a anti-nuke shield instead of just making all of them not work, it was much more funny
Considering that it was a real life thing during the Cold War, not at all unrealistic.

cex

Banned
Any movie/song/book that treats nuclear bombs in a joking/non-serious way?
How would the NRR's Nuclear Holocaust have affected the public perception of nuclear weapons?
Moskau by Djingis Khan, Leningrad by Billy Joel, the James Bond franchise, Duke Nukem (Assuming it was still made).
Would the Nashis have eventually eclipsed the Nazis as the "stock evil" of popular culture with the passage of time? I mean, unlike Hitler, Barkashov actually came close to ending the physical existence of the world...
All that reflects Soviet Union as existent, stable and reasonable after 1991 like Space Oddysey, CoDominium and others.
After the second round of Nazism vs. Stalinism in the 1990s, how would people begin to re-evaluate the Eastern Front of World War II?
Agree with previous answers + such superhero stories about their origins which involve radioactivity like Spiderman etc.

Just wondering how people would see Schindler's List. And would the Pianist still be made.
Would Anpilov's reign of terror and the revival of Stalinism in the 1990s have led to a partial rehabilitation/vindication of the Wehrmacht? I can see a lot of people saying At least they were right about what Stalinism would become and do in the 1990s...

How would the NRR's Nuclear Holocaust have affected the public perception of nuclear weapons?
That has been answered in the story itself. People massively turn against it, as its main purpose, preventing conflict via MAD has been shown to not only not work once madmen get their hands on them, but their presence further makes an intervention impossible to stop tragedies such as the Second Russian Civil War.
Would the Nashis have eventually eclipsed the Nazis as the "stock evil" of popular culture with the passage of time? I mean, unlike Hitler, Barkashov actually came close to ending the physical existence of the world...
Don't think so. The Nazis have left too big an impact on the Western psychy to be so easily discarded. The Nashi will merely join the Nazis as incarnations of pure evil, not replace them.
After the second round of Nazism vs. Stalinism in the 1990s, how would people begin to re-evaluate the Eastern Front of World War II?
Again, we already see that in the story, with Soviet memorials being either outright removed or at least changed so as to have no more connection to communism.

The Tiergarten Memorial even gets called the "Tomb of the Unknown Rapist" by some people, as mentioned in the story.
Would Anpilov's reign of terror and the revival of Stalinism in the 1990s have led to a partial rehabilitation/vindication of the Wehrmacht? I can see a lot of people saying At least they were right about what Stalinism would become and do in the 1990s...
No. Nothing we see even remotely hints towards that. At worst, the "Clean Wehrmacht" myth might be reinforced a bit, but with the new focus towards Eastern Europe and its history, Nazi warcrimes in the East could actually get more spotlight, as part of the intellectual sphere attempting to understand and come to terms with what Russia did.

Yeah, the Russian Army in Chechnya were explicitely compared to Dirlewanger, weren't they? So we might not have to worry about that after all.
I would not say "never" because recently we can see first hand the ability of people to believe anything no matter how ridiculous. But it does seem like in this case that particular type of shit wouldn't fly. Another kind of idiocy might be believed, but this one most likely not.

cex

Banned
Someone that tries to throw a "Clean Wehrnacht" will be pointed out about the fact of Nashis are the heirs of the Nazis and Wehrmacht.
I would not say "never" because recently we can see first hand the ability of people to believe anything no matter how ridiculous. But it does seem like in this case that particular type of shit wouldn't fly. Another kind of idiocy might be believed, but this one most likely not.
In The Twilight of the Red Tsar, it's been mentioned that the "Clean Wehrmacht" has gone into overdrive after Stalin's genocides and ethnic cleansings were exposed throughout the 1950s. While of course the Nazis won't be redeemed, "the West should not have allied with Stalin" will be quite popular after the Anpilov regime.

In The Twilight of the Red Tsar, it's been mentioned that the "Clean Wehrmacht" has gone into overdrive after Stalin's genocides and ethnic cleansings were exposed throughout the 1950s.
Thats because Stalinism was the main antagonist in that TL
Here we have both Stalinism and Nazism 2, I see no way the Clean Wehrmacht could "go on overdrive" under these circumstances