The Death of Russia - TL

Makes sense. IRL, the Yakuza are heavily made up of burakumin and ethnic Koreans, because they’ve been historically marginalised communities.

Indeed, makes their ties to the uyoku dantai even more absurd, given how the Japanese far right tends to treat both burakumin and zainichi.

One of the plot threads in the later games (very obviously ripped from the headlines) is the yakuza's decline and foreign criminal organizations making inroads into Japan - mostly Chinese and South Korean. Since ATL North Korea is far less of a hermit kingdom, but is still quite poor, I wouldn't be surprised if there were an explosion in North Korea-based crime, that'd easily take over those zainichi associations in Japan formerly under the thumb of the DPRK.

Meaning to say that STS missions that are supposedly and originally scheduled to launch in 1996 might be delayed. Anyways, how the 4/10 would affect The Simpsons?
Not sure if it affects to the Simpsons at least not in long run.

The Simpsons would likely be the same except for any reference future references to Russia. The world tragically lost the "That's What We Wanted You To Think" meme about the Soviet Union reappearing.

But I do think that Homer's incompetence at work, like causing meltdowns, would be severely downplayed.

A lot of countries experienced first hand the effects of nuclear radiation by being bombed or by nuclear reactors failing, these scenes wouldn't be as funny to them or would be censored.

Last edited:
The Simpsons would likely be the same except for any reference future references to Russia. The world tragically lost the "That's What We Wanted You To Think" meme about the Soviet Union reappearing.

But I do think that Homer's incompetence at work, like causing meltdowns, would be severely downplayed.

A lot of countries experienced first hand the effects of nuclear radiation by being bombed or by nuclear reactors failing, these scenes wouldn't be as funny to them or would be censored.
Actually about that, I would think that they decided to change Homer's job to something else than working in Nuclear Reactor.

Which reminds me, this particular Treehouse of Horror segment would have been scrapped in its entirety: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treehouse_of_Horror_VIII#The_HΩmega_Man

Last edited:
Actually about that, I would think that they decided to change Homer's job to something else than working in Nuclear Reactor.

The job at the nuclear plant was already established well before the POD, so it might be grandfathered in like the whole gag behind Homer strangling Bart once an episode. It's more likely his incompetence is downplayed to either never causing a meltdown or working at the Plant being the one thing Home is undeniably good at besides binge drinking.

Wonder what's the thoughts of the Petrograd Council in those final moments after the beginnings of Plan Zass but before their escape plane got shot down? As they watched the nuclear destruction of everything from them, their hated enemies, and everything in between?

Perhaps something like this?

Last edited:

Ming777

Monthly Donor
Maybe some attention is turned towards thermobaric weapons? Nowhere as powerful as nukes, but can still cause major devastation.

Maybe some attention is turned towards thermobaric weapons? Nowhere as powerful as nukes, but can still cause major devastation.
Considering Lebed's secret chemical weapons arsenal and Russia's OTL development of thermobarics, that sounds like something Lebed's Siberia could pursue, on that note.

Oh yeah, and don't forget that nuclear killstreak in CoDs are never implemented.
The entire plot point of the original 2007-2011 Modern Warfare saga being about a Second Russian Civil War began by a caricature of Nazbols (Ultranationalists+Communists with Soviet nostalgia) might also not be implemented at all, or just simply changed, like how COD is known to do by commenting on real-life conflicts without actually naming them, or just replacing them with fictional equivalents.

Like how COD 4 put the Iraq levels in a generic un-named Arab country, and in the MW2019 reboot, Chechnya is the fictional "Urzikistan".

The entire plot point of the original 2007-2011 Modern Warfare saga being about a Second Russian Civil War began by a caricature of Nazbols (Ultranationalists+Communists with Soviet nostalgia) might also not be implemented at all, or just simply changed, like how COD is known to do by commenting on real-life conflicts without actually naming them, or just replacing them with fictional equivalents.

Like how COD 4 put the Iraq levels in a generic un-named Arab country, and in the MW2019 reboot, Chechnya is the fictional "Urzikistan".
There were many games in the 2000s that your standard "un-named Arab/-stan country" in the backdrop of the Global War on Terror. Example is SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs. I had the copy of Combined Assault I got from Christmas 2006 and it takes place in a fictional country called Adjikistan that looked like your typical snowcapped Afghan mountains complete with Taliban/AQ-like enemies with AK-47s and Dragunov SVDs.

I think an equivalent of Modern Warfare will still occur, but very different from ours.
How bad will Islamophobia be this time? I know that the nuclear bombs didn’t explode in the West but still the idea of Al-Qaeda having nukes is enough to start pogroms.
Worse than OTL, if the world finds out Osama bin-Laden was behind this.