The Death of Russia - TL

Since the anti-nuclear movement is going to be far stronger, I imagine the French government will be forced to reevaluate their energy sources since nuclear power makes up a good portion of the country's electricity.
I think the anti-nuclear movement may well get weakened by how hard it will be for the West to get fossil fuels ITTL. The French government may well say "we're keeping the power plants, unless you want to freeze and starve this winter..."

I think the anti-nuclear movement may well get weakened by how hard it will be for the West to get fossil fuels ITTL. The French government may well say "we're keeping the power plants, unless you want to freeze and starve this winter..."
I don’t know. Seeing a whole country being in incapacitated by so many nukes is going to scare people out of nuclear power. And knowing how many nuclear plants are imploding in European Russia right now, it’s going to reinforce people’s fears. So I’d argue that this whole crisis is going to reinforce attempts to invest in renewable energy.

Since the anti-nuclear movement is going to be far stronger, I imagine the French government will be forced to reevaluate their energy sources since nuclear power makes up a good portion of the country's electricity.
Well apparently in this same thread was raised the tesis of anti-nuclear movement will face much backlash as "Soviet sleeper agents" because there's the conspiracy theory of ties between anti-nuclear movement and KGB...

I was making a long comment but for now I'll just say that I'm very skeptical of the idea that such a mess would lead to "OTL only better and without the bad bits/removing everything commenters criticize" which is what seems to be the dominant opinion here. On the contrary, it is most likely that such an overwhelming catastrophe would be the event that "broke the masquerade" and made people show what extremes of depravity humanity can go...

Well apparently in this same thread was raised the tesis of anti-nuclear movement will face much backlash as "Soviet sleeper agents" because there's the conspiracy theory of ties between anti-nuclear movement and KGB...

That's also a good point. A combination of economic necessity and exploited Russophobia could well be enough to crush the fearful.
I feel that the fear caused by the Russian crisis is going to overwhelm any propaganda attempts tbh. It’s only going to embolden renewable energy advocates. And there’ll be politicians who’ll genuinely be concerned about nuclear energy safety to the point they’ll actually considering renewable alternatives.

Ming777

Monthly Donor
But after what happened in 4/10, they probably want to just get whatever because of the application of Mass Genocide
Plus it was likely that North Belarus and Ukraine launched most of their nuclear stockpile at Russia. They may just have had only a dozen or so left after 4/10, and the costs of replacement would be prohibitive, especially when they also have to rebuild several places destroyed by Russian Nukes.

I was making a long comment but for now I'll just say that I'm very skeptical of the idea that such a mess would lead to "OTL only better and without the bad bits/removing everything commenters criticize" which is what seems to be the dominant opinion here. On the contrary, it is most likely that such an overwhelming catastrophe would be the event that "broke the masquerade" and made people show what extremes of depravity humanity can go...
For them I hope you make your comment good to be critical mate

I feel that the fear caused by the Russian crisis is going to overwhelm any propaganda attempts tbh. It’s only going to embolden renewable energy advocates. And there’ll be politicians who’ll genuinely be concerned about nuclear energy safety to the point they’ll actually considering renewable alternatives.
So you basically posit that two simultaneous propaganda campaigns are colliding ITTL: the "Look at Russia and look at the nuclear disaster they caused, let's ban nuclear power" fear campaign and the "Russians are our brothers, we should embrace and welcome them" campaign. The later apparently TTL is being produced at the same time because governments have taken money from somewhere to finance something like that.

Considering that both campaigns have to fight against a wall of LITERAL DECADES of Russophobic propaganda, I highly doubt they will take root, or that quickly, especially "our Russian brothers".

Apart from the fact that I am quite skeptical about the concept of a politician "genuinely concerned" with something other than his own profit and benefit. Foremost, the politicians have one main priority "me, me, me, and me, and later me, and finally me".

If someone really campaigns against nuclear power TTL, it will surely be because he believes that it will give him wealth and votes, no more and no less.

Plus it was likely that North Belarus and Ukraine launched most of their nuclear stockpile at Russia. They may just have had only a dozen or so left after 4/10, and the costs of replacement would be prohibitive, especially when they also have to rebuild several places destroyed by Russian Nukes.
Yep they equally were responsible to the lead up in 4/10 and after will likely give up the nukes for partly responsible for the Cataclysm of 4/10

Hell, they can frame this as "our nukes had accomplished their mission, we have no need for more of them until now" and give up their nukes.
Yep definitely will lean to "We aren't partly responsible for the Worst Day in Human history and we only use our nukes for to protect themselves*

Similar to the WWII Italy myth where did they are innocent one in the Axis power who coming in no war crimes but different is if the enemy who don't want to get blamed for the greatest atrocity in mankind

So you basically posit that two simultaneous propaganda campaigns are colliding ITTL: the "Look at Russia and look at the nuclear disaster they caused, let's ban nuclear power" fear campaign and the "Russians are our brothers, we should embrace and welcome them" campaign. The later apparently TTL is being produced at the same time because governments have taken money from somewhere to finance something like that.

Considering that both campaigns have to fight against a wall of LITERAL DECADES of Russophobic propaganda, I highly doubt they will take root, or that quickly, especially "our Russian brothers".

Apart from the fact that I am quite skeptical about the concept of a politician "genuinely concerned" with something other than his own profit and benefit. Foremost, the politicians have one main priority "me, me, me, and me, and later me, and finally me".

If someone really campaigns against nuclear power TTL, it will surely be because he believes that it will give him wealth and votes, no more and no less.
Both of them can happen at the same time. There’ll be propaganda efforts to welcome Russians whilst simultaneously condemn the nuclear disaster caused by two governments that many people believe never actually represented Russians as whole. As for Russophobia, people have said that governments are willing to welcome refugees and that many refugees have integrated into the countries they loved into for the most part. A lot of hate will be against the fascist and communist governments.

...which keeps getting confused with the more popular acronym Too Long Didnt Read
Pretty dumb if you ask me but you guys do whatever

Ming777

Monthly Donor
I think the abbreviation DoR or TDoR may be better, harder to confuse and still useful for shorthand.

Regarding the story @Mitridates the Great it depends on whether one wants to continue the grimdark or feels that there needs to be at least some hope in the story.

I don't need to hear of more grimness without at least the chance that there could be light at the end of the tunnel